Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enormous Flying Object Videotaped?

seeder

Enormous Flying Object Videotaped?

Colombia: UFOs Over Colombia? Enormous Flying Object Videotaped Over Medellín

***Object is star-shaped and with several lights***

A family in the city of Medellín, Colombia was startled when it recorded an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO).

The video posted to YouTube shows how this star-shaped UFO, with several lights, rises and falls in the sky.

Even the people who recorded this event joked about it, telling each other "they've come to get us" amid peals of laughter.

http://inexplicata.b...a-enormous.html

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder

The RC guys were a day late.....

• Like 2

So extraterrestrial spacecraft fly very very slowly and need a dozen lights glowing all the time so they'll be highly visible to us Earthlings. It's almost as if the aliens are saying to us, "Please look at this thing I spent so many evenings working on..."

• Like 4

Enormous? How can anyone tell the size?

• Like 3

A user comment under that vid states:

I'm from Medellín and that's not an UFO it's a balloon similar to chinese ones, candles heat the air to make it float and they also look nice, they're so common here, as many posted already, here is a pic of the kind of balloon aswell

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/309069_4386558227875_1281376004_n.jpg

But I have to say Ive never seen a balloon like that

309069_4386558227875_1281376004_n.jpg

• Like 1

Weeeeell.... no sense of distance or scale... and the "object" appears to rotate a little with respect to the observer position.

Nevertheless, there IS a perfectly simple explanation.

It's a Mayflower-class Federation Starfleet spaceship, with fairy lights strung around the saucer section and the two drive nacelles.

Nothing out of the ordinary really, though perhaps a delight to Star Trek spotters, as only three ships where ever manufactured in this class.

making a joke and not being shocked in this way/manner makes this video in my opinion a prank

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

Easiest way to tell a fake? Look at the youtube posters other videos. In this case, its full of other UFO sightings, most of which were easily debunked (they ever sport the spiral missile lol). That means credibility = nothing.

• Like 2

Not a typical UFO by any stretch.

Lit up using 100 candle bulbs or something similar.

Waste of a thread; why bother posting these? Far better to look at real cases imho.

:td:

Waste of a thread; why bother posting these? Far better to look at real cases imho.

Like the Ukrainian Sky Dreadnought?
  • Like 5

UFS.... Unidentified Flying Star

Not a typical UFO by any stretch.

Lit up using 100 candle bulbs or something similar.

:td:

Someone stole Zosers password and started posting under his name.....No other explanation for this.

• Like 1

That`s your page, correct?

New member, and short post history, which if you view, are all the same/similar spamming posts

• Like 1

New member, and short post history, which if you view, are all the same/similar spamming posts

Yeah, and each post is shouting : Buy my books! (reported)

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

Like the Ukrainian Sky Dreadnought?

Nothing remotely convincing seems to be posted here lately.

The only way people are going to get to the heart of the UFO mystery is to look at the old cases. Keep looking at them too,

To analyse real major UFO cases you have to go back to the era of the Phoenix lights. The 60's - 90's were the important years.

There is far less detail on more recent cases and unfortunately hoaxing has become a major industry too.

That's why I hardly post here any more.

People seem intent on flagging up obvious hoax cases then claiming some sort of success by it.

Yet the major cases are avoided.

Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

To analyse real major UFO cases you have to go back to the era of the Phoenix lights. The 60's - 90's were the important years.

Posts like this show nothing but a sour grapes attitude imo.

The major reason there were many 'classic' stories from the early 60's forward to say the 80's, was that...more and more folk were getting a TV, switching on and zoning out, having their imaginations taken by over by the new TV programmes

1: The space race was on, Russia and the US were headed to the moon, on TV and in the papers was nothing but space and rockets and moon images.

2: We had the early Twilight zone TV type series, One Step beyond and Outer limits, Star Trek, then soon comes Close Encounters of the Third kind, and Star Wars in the late 70's, not forgetting ET of course!

3: Von Daniken had released his Chariots of Fire, which was as we know now, a major cause if not the sole cause of many believing in Aliens and that Aliens had made it here in the past.

So society went from a largely simple way of life, to suddenly being immersed in TV, movies, International news of the space race and the moon landings... People like Uri Geller were believed, and had TV shows and so the nonsense continued

And hoaxers knew, that by flinging a hubcap up in the air and taking a polaroid, that no-one at the time could really debunk it, other than by saying 'there doesnt seem to be any evidence of tampering' :lol: no and they were right, no-one had tampered with the images, it WAS a real photo... its just that the disc was a man made part from a car.

Let me use JAWS as an example. Before that movie, I never thought of sharks, ever, even tho I used to watch the old Jacques Cousteau diving films, sharks just never entered my head.

Then I saw the movie... then afterwards, even a shadow in a swimming pool would make me freak. JAWS had been firmly impressed into my young mind!! Ha and they used to say TV/Movies had no lasting effect on anyone.

Years go by, people who made up some great UFO stories/abductions etc were - over time, rumbled or discredited.

Getting into the 90's when many people were coming on line for the first time, and had a way to be further exposed to all the spooky ufo stories.. and websites multiplied by the thousand, daily. Making it seem that the UFO phenomena was MASSIVE, but it isnt, even as zoser says, sort of, there are in reality only a handful of classic stories, the rest are 'versions of' or just outright fabrications full stop.

Moving closer to the present day, and the net and easy use of imaging software has allowed every one with the motivation to study images in a way that was never possible before, we can research people, check out their backgrounds and the more this is done, by amateur or pro, the more we weed out the crap, and the more we find inconsistencies with the 'classic stories'

So zoser, when you say "The 60's - 90's were the important years", well Id rather say the 60-90's were the 'ignorant' years when we didnt have access to the net like we do now. So if some guys ufo pics were in your Sunday papers in the 70's, you had to take them at face value.

Where as now, every man/woman and their dogs can investigate and chat with like-minded folk from around the world, in real time, on platforms like this. Thats what we never had in the 60's to the 90's, and thats why that era seems to be be, in some peoples mind, the golden era for UFO.

A time when we knew no better and couldn't research the subject as we can do today

• Like 1

Yeah, it's people posting about silly hoaxes like the Ukrainian Sky Dreadnought.
People seem intent on flagging up obvious hoax cases then claiming some sort of success by it.
And other are posting obvious hoax cases like the Ukrainian Sky Dreadnought without apparently knowing its a very silly and very obvious hoax (they bring it up "for discussion") and then whinging about the skeptics and their attitude when the case is easily and thoroughly debunked.

I'm too stupid to draw my own conclusions. Please draw them for me.
  • Like 2

My, how the skeptics rush to judgement.

Sitting here drinking coffee and reading, I am so happy I had just swallowed when I read this.

• Like 1

You mean ever. Or nearly so.

The only way people are going to get to the heart of the UFO mystery is to look at the old cases. Keep looking at them too,

There is far less detail on more recent cases and unfortunately hoaxing has become a major industry too.

That's why I hardly post here any more.

Yet the major cases are avoided.

You do realize that nearly all are hoaxes, the rest are misidentification, not just ones posted after the 90s?

I haven't been here long, but this is one of the most astounding cases of "throwing in the towel" I have seen here. There is nothing different from the posters and believers in the past compared to the ones of today. I think you've just realized how silly your position has been in believing this nonsense, and are now angry at yourself for wasting so much of your time--but are completely incapable of admitting you are wrong.

• Like 1

Absolutely! We need to go back to a time when almost no one had HD still and video cameras on them almost 24/7. Not dissimilar to Footers who hang their hats on an almost 50-year-old piece of video.

Ever think there's a reason why you find the evidence to be complete crap these days?

• Like 4

Absolutely! We need to go back to a time when almost no one had HD still and video cameras on them almost 24/7. Not dissimilar to Footers who hang their hats on an almost 50-year-old piece of video.

Ever think there's a reason why you find the evidence to be complete crap these days?

Yeah, it's curious that the "important years" were those years where everyone second person wasn't walking around with cameras and video recorders in their pockets and where there wasn't a worldwide medium where those pictures could be easily and freely published for everyone to see.

Everyone these days has smartphones and the ability to upload pictures to Facebook, Twitter, forums like this, etc. and suddenly we're out of the "important years". The "important years" where those years where photo and video evidence was poor or non-existent so that zoser can focus on the oh-so-import "eyewitnesses" he relies on to make cases undebunkable.

As zoser says, draw your own conclusions.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's curious that the "important years" were those years where everyone second person wasn't walking around with cameras and video recorders in their pockets and where there wasn't a worldwide medium where those pictures could be easily and freely published for everyone to see.

Everyone these days has smartphones and the ability to upload pictures to Facebook, Twitter, forums like this, etc. and suddenly we're out of the "important years". The "important years" where those years where photo and video evidence was poor or non-existent so that zoser can focus on the oh-so-import "eyewitnesses" he relies on to make cases undebunkable.

As zoser says, draw your own conclusions.

Not only that, but just the greater access to "stuff" than back then. The tech that's available to the average consumer today is off the scale compared to even 20 years ago. Growing up in the 70s, I remember how cool I thought it was that my grandad had something as mundane (nowadays at least) as a pair of binoculars.

• Like 1