Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Cozying up to Turkey

and-then

http://www.globalconreview.com/news/russia-spends-14bn-turkeys6first8nuclear-power-pla/

Odd that a NATO member would use Russia to help build a nuke plant IMO. Ezekiel foresaw a confederation of nations including Iran, Russia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Libya and Turkey (Gomer/Beth Togarmah) who would ally and come against Israel to "take a spoil". Didn't seem plausible to bible scholars until Erdogan started his realignment away from the west.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter B

• and-then

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• Frank Merton

This could be an interesting question in geo-politics, but if Ezekiel is involved count me out.

http://www.globalcon...lear-power-pla/

Odd that a NATO member would use Russia to help build a nuke plant IMO. Ezekiel foresaw a confederation of nations including Iran, Russia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Libya and Turkey (Gomer/Beth Togarmah) who would ally and come against Israel to "take a spoil". Didn't seem plausible to bible scholars until Erdogan started his realignment away from the west.

No, you've got Ezekiel's prophecy all wrong. He successfully predicted how the Eastern Romans, Sassanid Persians, Khazars and Nubians (Libya was part of the Eastern Roman Empire at the time) would all fight against the early Arab Caliphate (which was at the time supported by a considerable number of Jewish people) back in the 7th century.

Alternatively, he was talking about the kingdoms which were in existence at the time he was writing, and his prophecy turned out to be incorrect.

No, you've got Ezekiel's prophecy all wrong. He successfully predicted how the Eastern Romans, Sassanid Persians, Khazars and Nubians (Libya was part of the Eastern Roman Empire at the time) would all fight against the early Arab Caliphate (which was at the time supported by a considerable number of Jewish people) back in the 7th century.

Alternatively, he was talking about the kingdoms which were in existence at the time he was writing, and his prophecy turned out to be incorrect.

Gog of Magog was to be a country/people to the "uttermost" north of the land of Israel. The other people groups are accepted by modern scholars to be the nations I mentioned. You have a right to your own opinions but not your own facts. Who would have predicted 20 years ago or even 10, perhaps, that Turkey would be re-engaging with the Islamic countries and moving away from NATO? People like to ignore evidence simply because it is produced in support of a God they are too intelligent to believe in - to reject without investigation is the worst form of ignorance.

and they should, after all things russian tourists do there,... has anyone been in a resort in turkey, or egypt where russians stay?? who was there knows what i'm saying,

Gog of Magog was to be a country/people to the "uttermost" north of the land of Israel. The other people groups are accepted by modern scholars to be the nations I mentioned. You have a right to your own opinions but not your own facts.

I don't have a problem with the geographical locations you mention. I do have a problem with you associating them with the countries which occupy those locations today. I contend that the kingdoms and context I mentioned is just as accurate as the list you provided, although it appears I need to clarify that I wasn't being serious - that is, I don't think Ezekiel was foretelling a war 1200 years in his future. And likewise I don't think he was predicting a coalition of countries 2600 in his future.

Who would have predicted 20 years ago or even 10, perhaps, that Turkey would be re-engaging with the Islamic countries and moving away from NATO?

Possibly not many. I find the rise of Islamism in Turkey at the expense of the secular state created by Ataturk to be disturbing. However Turkey's involvement with Russia presumably has to be viewed in terms of realpolitik rather than religion, given that Russia is hardly an Islamic state.

People like to ignore evidence simply because it is produced in support of a God they are too intelligent to believe in - to reject without investigation is the worst form of ignorance.

I find the sordid twists and turns of international relations to bear too many signs of the activity of mere humans for it to be evidence of some plan of God.