Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio Man Ordered To Hold 'I Am A Bully' Sign

Still Waters

A man has spent hours sitting on a street corner with a sign declaring he is a bully as part of his sentence for harassing a neighbour and her disabled children.

Edmond Aviv, 62, says the punishment was unfair and had ruined his life.

https://uk.news.yaho...38.html#Pm4a9nH

• Like 1

A bully needs to be bullied to be taught a lesson

• Like 1

When I was about 10 (or so), my dad caught me in pretty big lie... He took one of my mom's lipsticks and put a big "L" on my forehead and made me go outside and spend the day...

That really cut down on my "prevarications"... Looking back on it, I am thankful he did - it made me a better (slightly more honest) person... But I sure hated it then...

• Like 4

When I was about 10 (or so), my dad caught me in pretty big lie... He took one of my mom's lipsticks and put a big "L" on my forehead and made me go outside and spend the day...

That really cut down on my "prevarications"... Looking back on it, I am thankful he did - it made me a better (slightly more honest) person... But I sure hated it then...

Yeah dude's just p***ed because the woman finally stood up to him after 15 years of taking his abuse and he was punished.

• Like 3

How do you get to be 62 years old and still remain so small? He got off easy, were I the judge he would have gotten 5 hours a day for five days on the 5 busiest street corners in the city.

• Like 3

~ I would have called that girl with a dragon tattoo ~

Taun's post reminds me that when I was a little girl, I can remember being told to go out to the Mimosa tree to pick a switch to be whipped with and I remember doing that, but what's odd is that I don't actually remember being whipped with that switch or actually, of having ever been whipped period...not by either of my parents, anyway.

In third grade, I had a paddling (I think it was three licks) along with another kid from my teacher for talking before a test after she'd specifically told us not to talk. (In my defense, I was merely responding to a question. :angry: )

• Like 1

I think he deserves to sit out there. I think more states need to pay attention to the bullying problem america faces today. Not only kids, but adults too are bullied on an everyday basis.

• Like 1

Taun's post reminds me that when I was a little girl, I can remember being told to go out to the Mimosa tree to pick a switch to be whipped with and I remember doing that, but what's odd is that I don't actually remember being whipped with that switch or actually, of having ever been whipped period...not by either of my parents, anyway.

In third grade, I had a paddling (I think it was three licks) along with another kid from my teacher for talking before a test after she'd specifically told us not to talk. (In my defense, I was merely responding to a question. :angry: )

Oh that brings back memories!... My grandfather was big on having us cut our own willow switch when we were bad (I freely admit - we were ALWAYS bad! :blush: )... One day he gave me a pocket knife and told me to cut one, so I went

out into the woods behind his house, found a really nice looking branch about a third of an inch thick, cut it off, stripped off the leaves, etc, then carefully slit the bark on one side, and pulled it off of the switch... I then cut the wood deeply

in several places, and put the bark back on and then went into the house and gave him the switch...

He had me "assume the position" (grab my ankles) and as he pulled the switch back to swat me with it, it snapped into three pieces... I had cut too deeply... I thought for sure he was going to get his belt out and really lay into me,

but he just sat down on the couch and started laughing... "Boy," he said, "I was wondering how long it would take one of you hard headed monsters to figure this out. Now, go out and play and try to behave."

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

Good. I hope being embarrassed teaches him a good lesson!

• Like 1

awwhh poor baby, he had to hold a sign

If I had my way he would be doing way more then holding a sign. :innocent:

• Like 1