Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious black ring filmed over UK

UM-Bot

No human can make a ring like that...

Is that a fact? Please explain why such a ring can't have mundane terrestrial explanations given the info posted on this thread so far.
  • Like 2

I really feel sorry for folks who look at something like that and immediately jump to the paranormal for an explanation. They really miss out on learning a lot of cool and interesting stuff about how our world works.

Such a mindset seems so limiting.

There's absolutely no need to feel sorry for someone who might not enjoy learning about the same things that you do, and doesn't prefer to think/imagine in the same way.

There really isn't.

No human can make a ring like that...

Oh yes they can.

Not quite as big, but saw something similar when some guys ignited something they shouldn't have :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Brilliant, I had never seen these "rings" they are great. And fully explainable.

Brilliant, I had never seen these "rings" they are great. And fully explainable.

But not practically realised yet.

:whistle:

Vortex rings... heres a page about them incl loads more images if you scroll down

http://www.caelestia...ringvortex.html

Provided the story was not made-up, maybe the alleged UFO at O'Hare airport was one of these. It is said to have punched a round hole though the cloud cover.

I have heard of clouds doing some pretty insane things.

Go to YouTube and type in crazy cloud formation and you'll see.

This pic sure makes you wonder tho.

HARRP aftermath?

HARRP aftermath?

Again, read the thread!!

HARRP aftermath?

Ah, happy to see good, ole' HAARP make a re-entrance. Been a while since I have seen that flung around...

Cheers,

Badeskov

Ah, happy to see good, ole' HAARP make a re-entrance. Been a while since I have seen that flung around...

Cheers,

Badeskov

Not long enough for me...

• Like 1

Not long enough for me...

Well, it is never long enough, but seeing it brandied around does bring back memories :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Vortex rings are white.

The black ring of Lemington Spa doesn't alter shape and slowly drifts away from the tree. Firefighters reported no fires in the area and the Met Office said it wasn't weather related. The UFO expert Nick Pope said it was unusual behavour for any insects to do this and didn't think it was a smoke ring. But someone said it came from Warwick Castle where they were shooting fireballs during a trbuchet show.

The color depends entirely on what made them and is technically irrelevant.

• Like 1

the vortex ring thing is cool. but here's something I've seen on "Fact or faked," on this.

Suposedly, smokey rings in the sky are disguised portals extraterestrials made to come here and go back quickly.

But it can also be a ring of smoke from, say, a large balloon that went ablaze.

It was a vortex ring naturally created by a departing alien spaceship. All questions answered. :whistle:

• Like 2

the vortex ring thing is cool. but here's something I've seen on "Fact or faked," on this.

Suposedly, smokey rings in the sky are disguised portals extraterestrials made to come here and go back quickly.

Well since there is zero proof of ET's visiting then a baloon must have exploded. I hope nobody was hurt.

Suposedly, smokey rings in the sky are disguised

:lol: Disguised? When everyone can see them?

• Like 1

A better game on UM would be "Fact or Fiction".

Fiction.

But it can also be a ring of smoke from, say, a large balloon that went ablaze.

Probably also Fiction. Most balloons are filled with helium, which doesn't burn. And the materials used in the balloon are usually not explosive enough to make a cloud of smoke. Perhaps the burner off a hot air balloon? But then someone surely would have reported a balloon crashing into their house.

• 2 weeks later...
Disguised? When everyone can see them?

Well... "disguised" doesn't allways mean "Can-not-be-seen". Sometimes just "can-not-be-recognised-as-what-it-really-is".

^_^

Well... "disguised" doesn't allways mean "Can-not-be-seen". Sometimes just "can-not-be-recognised-as-what-it-really-is".

^_^

Ok so aliens/ufo's feel the need to be disguised eh? Why could that be when our radars would pick them up anyway?

^_^

The round dent it my couch cushion is a cleverly disguised portal to the noxious gas dimension.

The round dent it my couch cushion is a cleverly disguised portal to the noxious gas dimension.

:lol: