Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The blood moon is not scary! It's wonderful!

LostSouls7

Actually, there has been very large Earthquakes all over the ring of fire area. (As well as in the middle of the U.S.A.)As for as the blood moon's,it get worse as they progress.(Or so i have read)

The A-B logic was already ignored (MH370 03MAR//Moon eclipse 15APR//Ferry 16APR) in the post that I responded to

and that`s why I also used the word influenced for the B-A part as for the MH370/moon eclipse correlation an influence

backward in time was assumed. You are correct saying that something always follow A even if not caused by A and that

is exact the logic that I pictured with my example and to picture the illogicality of the inital post. :yes:

Yes, your post made sense to me. Unfortunately, logic & common sense aren't always tools people use when it comes to their belief systems.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

Actually, there has been very large Earthquakes all over the ring of fire area. (As well as in the middle of the U.S.A.)As for as the blood moon's,it get worse as they progress.(Or so i have read)

[media=]

[/media]

It's the Ring of Fire, there will always be more geological activity around it than in other areas. I'm wondering what you have read and what the sources are. Are they unbiased sources or ones that have an agenda?

I really am not sure where i read that ...But no agenda. Not on my part.

Euroninja,

Provide a link that can substantiate your statement. As far as I know what you say has not been proven. But maybe I am wrong, show me.

"Zechariah 9–14, often called Second Zechariah, contains within the text no datable references to specific events or individuals but most scholars give the text a date in the fifth century BCE. Second Zechariah, in the opinion of some scholars, appears to make use of the books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, the Deuteronomistic History, and the themes from First Zechariah. This has led some to believe that the writer(s) or editor(s) of Second Zechariah may have been a disciple of the prophet Zechariah. There are some scholars who go even further and divide Second Zechariah into Second Zechariah (9–11) and Third Zechariah (12–14) since each begins with a heading oracle".

Zachariah 14 is work of fiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_zachariah

Second Epistle of Peter is similar in nature. Why is 2 Peter important? It "explains that God has delayed the Second Coming of Christ so that more people will have the chance to reject evil and find salvation". 2 Peter is fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap ! The moon has been doing this from the very dawn of time as a natural cycle even long before there were any humans on Earth to see it happen. If any particular secular group or race [but why name them] wants to point this out as a fearful sign....so what ? That doesn't mean a thing except for that people; fear can be generated and used as a means of keeping the herd dependent on what ever it's leaders decide to do next. It is a means of control and manipulation.....call it the politics of religion. There is nothing at all natural about the Bible so go figure.

Edited by spacelizard667

When I was 8 years old I waited in fear for the end of the world as prophesied by some Christian folks. I faked being sick that day so I could die at home with my family, never said a word to anyone about it, kept the fear locked up inside me. I'm a quick learner, after that day, I never believed in that stuff again.

That somewhat sounds like my childhood. That's why I'm a bit cynical and skeptical when it comes to some claimed predictions and prophecies. There might be something to some of the claims, but I proceed with caution. I don't reflexively dismiss each claim, but I don't reflexively embrace them, either.

We can create all kinds of alleged links between events and "signs". Sometimes, it verges on pushing square pegs into round holes just to make things fit our claims. It doesn't matter if we use astronomy or numbers. We almost always can find "confirmation" if we look in enough places.

The best course is to reflexively dismiss supernatural claims. If one should turn out to be real, being supernatural there won't be anything you can do about it anyway. The Jews who took Jesus' advice and fled to the mountains were hunted down and killed anyway.

Euroninja,

I broke down Zechariah 14:1-4 as I know it to be. If you disagree just simply say so. For some reason (probably because you don't know what you're talking about) you have taken this conversation away from the meaning of the scripture to who wrote it. Agree to disagree on this one. ;)

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Euroninja,

I broke down Zechariah 14:1-4 as I know it to be. If you disagree just simply say so. For some reason (probably because you don't know what you're talking about) you have taken this conversation away from the meaning of the scripture to who wrote it. Agree to disagree on this one. ;)

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What exactly has this ongoing dialogue to do with a moon eclipse???

Edited by toast

Toast,

Ask Euroninja, I am just responding to what he his saying to me.. :)

Edit: I am not creating rabit trails.. just following them, seeing where they lead. Goodtimes.

Edited by Ogbin

I am just responding to what he his saying to me.. :)

Yeah.

Toast,

Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation? Or do you just like to meddle?

Edit: Maybe you should read our whole conversation before speaking. :tu:

Edited by Ogbin

Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation?

8 posts by you are related to bible citations, 5 of these are discussions about bible citations.

3 post placed by me were in relation to an astronomic event and were about logic in relation to this event and that`s constructive, isn`t it?

Edit: Maybe you should read our whole conversation before speaking. :tu:

No need for me to get into deeper as I`m not interrested in the object bible in general.

This thread shows just how flexible prophecies and Portents are, doesn't it. The earth casts a shadow over the Moon, and that accounts for everything from the sinking of a ship off Korea to the destruction of Damascus to the Second Coming. Shall we try looking at it the other way? How many disasters, man-made and natural, wars and terrorist incidents, etc, have there been when there were no astronomical events of any note, and no matter how imaginative people may have been, they couldn't find anything in the Old Testament that could could be interpreted, even by using the most liberal dose of imagination, as foretelling?

• Like 2

Euroninja,

I'm making a point. You're following an "end of the world" prophesy based on a "not by a prophet" writing or chapter. Ch.14 is a wannabe. The author of book of revelation plagiarized Ch14 to write his scifi fantasy story with an avenging Jesus. A fiction within a fiction. Isn't Jesus about love???????????????????????????????

"Most modern critical scholars argue that 2 Timothy was not written by Paul but by an anonymous follower, after Paul's death in the First Century".

This thread shows just how flexible prophecies and Portents are, doesn't it. The earth casts a shadow over the Moon, and that accounts for everything from the sinking of a ship off Korea to the destruction of Damascus to the Second Coming. Shall we try looking at it the other way? How many disasters, man-made and natural, wars and terrorist incidents, etc, have there been when there were no astronomical events of any note, and no matter how imaginative people may have been, they couldn't find anything in the Old Testament that could could be interpreted, even by using the most liberal dose of imagination, as foretelling?

Those are excellent examples. If specific predictions and/or prophecies come to pass, that's one thing. If tenuous connections are used as evidence of successful prognostications, that's another thing. The former happens much less than the latter. Try this experiment. Pick a succession of eclipses that took place in the past. Look at the history, positive or negative, on those specific dates. Then, create a pattern that fits all of the days. For instance, you might find that there were major events in eastern Europe and western Asia on the dates in question. Compare the chances of those events taking place on those particular dates to the chances of the Blood Moon events taking place when they did/do. It might add a new perspective for all sides of the discussion. See how much cherry-picking takes place.

So since all this blood moon nonsense popped up you bet people are talking about the end of the world.

Not if you live next to the crazed mujaheddin. Not sure about the whole "end of the world", but these "guys" will kill you over the Blood Moon if their version of blood feud is justified by the astronomical data.

Be careful. That's how drunks get arrested for indecent exposure.

HAHA

Be careful. That's how drunks get arrested for indecent exposure.

Naw yer thinkin' of Moonshine!

Naw yer thinkin' of Moonshine!

I try not to think about it. I had a bad experience with whiskey one time. :cry: