Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost caught on police cam

SpiritWriter

That's pretty cool, but at the part where the police man gets out to investigate it looks like there's something big and white on the road, similar in color and shape as the 'ghost'.

Pretty neat though :)

• Like 2

I give it a 10 out of 10 for the 360 degree handbrake donut turn

• Like 2

This is an interesting video. But what is the original source? How did someone obtain a police dashcam video? Before I even consider that it's a ghost I would want to be sure the video itself is authentic. How do I know it's not a guy in a cop suit? Do we have a credible source for the video's origin? If not, it's probably just another internet hoax.

• Like 1

This is an interesting video. But what is the original source? How did someone obtain a police dashcam video? Before I even consider that it's a ghost I would want to be sure the video itself is authentic. How do I know it's not a guy in a cop suit? Do we have a credible source for the video's origin? If not, it's probably just another internet hoax.

The YouTube user who uploaded this video has copied it from another YouTube user. It seems to have originated from Riggedreality.com who's domain name expired last month. There doesn't seem to be any other background available for this video that I can see.

• Like 6

I agree with the YT owner of the video that this wasn't like a man on a bike. It looked to me like a spirit of a soldier with a rifle, and it turned blurry. It's very strange. Where was the video made?

am I correct in thinking the 'ghost' passed to the left of the car and the car goes past it doing a full 360 degree turn.....the officer then leaves vehicle and walks forward rather than to the rear where the 'ghost' would be?????

if so doesnt that create a big problem with the authenticity of the video

• Like 1

That was Marsmallow Man. 100%.

• Like 1

Man almost gets run over by police car and does a runner so that when the cop car turns around and comes back he's gone.

What exactly is the big deal and why is it considered a ghost?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

It was kind of sketchy from my perspective. I saw the white silhouette of a dude (I didn't so much see a bicycle). Then the cop apparently turns back around and there are oncoming headlights and such. A bit disorienting. Then the cop gets outta the car and heads in the direction I THINK the white silhouette must have been heading or been at?? I totally think this could use some real analysis. Of the video itself. I'm a skeptic that wants to believe. So I have to over-analize everything. Or employ the skills of someone who can analyze these things...there's just no promising end to the video. It starts cool and then goes like...WTF? Where'd he go? The cop obviously saw him and set out on foot...but? And that's it! Meh....idk

Edited by lisaloveslilia
  • Like 1

That is strange.

Kind of look's like a cardboard cut out or something along those lines that subsequently got splattered on the road, hence the white bloch, that oddly enough the fuzz runs off to the right of...

am I correct in thinking the 'ghost' passed to the left of the car and the car goes past it doing a full 360 degree turn.....the officer then leaves vehicle and walks forward rather than to the rear where the 'ghost' would be?????

if so doesnt that create a big problem with the authenticity of the video

watching it back he doesnt do a 360 turn but actually a 180 turn....so he did go looking in the right place....(ignoring the white thing that lay on the road however) ??

also who would have pressed the 'zoom' on dashcam (whilst he was out of the car)?

even the narrator sounds like shes on some sort of chronic iced teas

also who would have pressed the 'zoom' on dashcam (whilst he was out of the car)?

BUSTED!!!!!!

No one, and as far as I know ( brother in law is a cop, I asked him ) those dash cams do not zoom. Like a gopro mounted on a helmet.

Good job...... :tu::clap:

edit :

There are dash cams that zoom with a remote.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

I wish the video was better quality...

" ghost " and " better quality " = oxymoron

• Like 3

The YouTube user who uploaded this video has copied it from another YouTube user. It seems to have originated from Riggedreality.com who's domain name expired last month. There doesn't seem to be any other background available for this video that I can see.

See, that's what I was afraid of. It's an upload of an upload that has no credible point of origin. If this video was taken from a local news station reporting on it or something like that I would have been more convinced of its authenticity; but as it stands, it is almost certainly a hoax, sadly.

• Like 1

first thing I thought of was a jouster on a horse

Your signature is AWESOME !!!!!!!

Spread the word, I do...Rescues are the only way to go !

lol I have to admit it is rather amusing to read the comments from my fellow elders in the community and the newbies. The elders are able to dissect and logically figure out the authenticity and fact/faked decision on the video within a matter of minutes. Then you read the newbies, whom are so full of vigor and excitement! They're wanting EVERY video/picture/story posted to be real! The contrast is amusing to me.

• Like 4

first thing I thought of was a jouster on a horse

Emma seems to be the best dog of the galaxy!

• Like 1

So apparently no one else watched the side of the road before the 'cop' comes up on the 'ghost'. If you do like I did and watch the left side of the road, you'll notice that there was no white spot on the pavement. In other words, the guy he hit is laying partilly in the road. This just looks like a hoax to me. Or a very blind cop. Seems a bit odd that he didn't go right to the guy instead of off the side of the road like there was nothing there. I'd chalk it up to a very board cop.

Also, I don't think I've ever used the word 'road' so many times when talking about something.

• Like 1

How was that not a person? The video is poor quality, low res IR. Any light source or objects that reflect light are distorted and out of focus. There is nothing there to suggest it was not just a person crossing the road.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

This goes back to the thread about a photo of an old lady watching people working on the roof. Lack of information with Blind assumptions and expectations of people to jump into the freezing hold river of "Real Paranormal"

At 00:15 in the video, the police guy clips the "ghost" foot as it was running across, mainly the cop was trying to swerve out of the way when the "ghost" ran in front.

If you watch the video and stop at 1:06 into the video, you will see the person is laying on the floor (Pictures in next post has the circles), The cop walks past the person but looked at it but the cam zooms in, Please note the person on the floor is moving it's legs and the image is little more sharper detail for a second.

So the cop hit a ghost? I doubt it.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 5