Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most haunted island goes on sale

UM-Bot

The Venetian island of Poveglia is considered to be one of the most haunted locations on the planet.

In the 18th century the island was used as a quarantine station for vessels arriving in the city of Venice, but when authorities identified two ships carrying the plague things began to go downhill rapidly.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...nd-goes-on-sale

True enough, for sure, or at least a documentary.

The auction hopes to reach €500 million for 17 acres of haunted land?

*opens wallet*

I guess I forgot my money in another parallel universe.

:innocent:

• Like 2

Wahoo!! I have sent in a closed bid.... :unsure2: 2 Goats and 3 chickens... Darn, it's not closed now :cry:

• Like 2

i buy the haunted island with 2 goats eyes 4 frog legs and 2 leprechaun beards... oh and one soul belonging to Micheal Jackson to sweeten the deal

"The plague...The plague..Boss the plague!"

• Like 4

Is it bad that I want to buy it just so I can prove it's not haunted?

Dam once they start renovating Poveglia i bet the workers will start experiencing activity almost immediately. And if they do get done renovating the island for a "Hotel" i can only imagine how long the place will still open.

I am wondering what it means to be one of the most haunted places in the world. Apparently not enough to clearly demonstrate the existence of ghosts. Making it no better than any other place for making that point.

• Like 2

If syfy wouldn't have cancelled Destination Truth, Josh and the gang could have gone there to film.

• Like 2

If syfy wouldn't have cancelled Destination Truth, Josh and the gang could have gone there to film.

IIRC, at least one of the ghost hunting shows went there.

• Like 1

I am so mad that I didn't know about this place 5 years ago when I was in Venice.. I would've loved to visit.Edited to add: Well, I plan on going back anyway for my honey-moon, so this will be a trip.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

Good ole Ghost Adventures. I'm surprised Zak Bagans isn't looking to buy it.

Who am I kidding, he don't have money like THAT! That was a pretty good episode though. And don't hate me for watching goofy tv shows! Haha! :P

• Like 2

I wanna know how much it's going for, but there's no price. I remember seeing this island on some of those haunted clip shows way back when.

A few ghost shows went there the place has ghosts

Well, it has believers anyway.

IIRC, at least one of the ghost hunting shows went there.

Did they catch anything???Or was it just an hour long snoozefest.
  • Like 1

Maybe GHI and Josh can do a special on it. It would take both crews at least a week to do the place right. I'd love seeing Ryder and Kris again.......and the others too.
  • Like 1

I've got a haunted bridge for sale.

• Like 3

Dam once they start renovating Poveglia i bet the workers will start experiencing activity almost immediately. And if they do get done renovating the island for a "Hotel" i can only imagine how long the place will still open.

Even if there isn't anything there, paranormal reasons will be the only explanation for the workers. The brain has been trained to jump to conclusions rather than try to determine what really happened. It gives them their "15 minutes of fame".
  • Like 2