Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FDA trying to add taxes to your beer

OverSword

God how I despise this type of unescessary crap. From the article:

For generations brewers have been selling leftover brewing grains to farmers to feed to their livestock, but now the feds want to interfere and make that transaction harder and more expensive, a move that will drive up the costs of both beer and food.

But America's breweries and farmers are not taking this quietly.

"The whole brewing community was shocked about it," Josh Deth, co-owner of Revolution Brewing in Chicago, told Fox News.

Currently brewers make deals with farmers where the farmers cart off the used grains. Often the deal is done without cost to both parties.

"We're trading, giving something of value to each other and working it out. I think that's one of the really great things, and people really hate to see the government get involved in something where they can just as easily stay out of this," Deth said.

But under the new rules, the grains would be regulated like pet foods and would have to meet FDA regulations for food safety. These regulations would cost both farmers and brewers more than a handshake.

Naturally there isn't a single report in the entire history of these grain deals of harm coming to either livestock or humans. Regardless, regulators in Washington have found yet another thing to interfere in and, yet again, the feds want to stop Americans from doing something they've done since the country was young.

Story here

• Like 1

I'm not sure about dad's response to this when I tell him but I know for a fact that he won't be happy about it.

• Like 1

The government as a whole, has found a multitude of ways to keep siphoning money from our pockets. Fines, taxes, levies, fees, licences, etc. etc.

Unwittingly or no, they are destroying the very fabric they are here to serve.

• Like 5

This b*llsh!t makes my ******* blood boil! Government sticking its greedy nose in to where it can make some more money out of hard working people. No doubt so they can buy more drones to blow people up with as well as putting more money into recruiting uneducated, ignorant bullies for what effectively is now a 'police force' to rival the SS!

• Like 1

Don't bother me none since I don't buy beer.

The price of beef will go up too...no more free food for the cows.

After someone hauls it off how could the breweries know where they dumped it or if it was incinerated? ;):whistle:

• Like 3

Eh.. I prefer import, and don't drink much anyway, so I'm used to paying a bit more anyway. Just can't stomach most American brews.

Eh.. I prefer import, and don't drink much anyway, so I'm used to paying a bit more anyway. Just can't stomach most American brews.

I love some of the micro-brewed beers. We have dozens of micro-breweries around here.

This is part of the whole organic movement...buy local, recycle, re-use and barter. People are going back to grass roots and the government has to try and cash in.

• Like 2

Don't bother me none since I don't buy beer.

Did you read the article? It will affect foor prices as well. Why do people always, always always comment without reading??????

You need to try some of Colorado, Oregon and Washingtons Micro brews then. Corporate beer sucks.

All I have to say is "Leave alone my beef and beer", they are my favorite fruits.

• Like 2

i too not a big fan of domestic beer, i drink mostly duval and red stripe, becks, but it is only a matter of time untill they extend the tax to all beers, not just domesticly brewed. they cracked opened the door, from here they can only open it wider.

and for those that do not drink, or eat meat, i'll see what you'll say when they impose luxary tax on cosmetic. but hey i do not use cosmetic, so i should not care one bit,

Not only that, I'll bet they "decide" that it's an unsafe practice to just dump the leftover brewer's grains and then charge the brewers to "properly dispose of hazardous waste"....how much you wanna bet on it?

Insanity.

And people see no harm in the GOV just getting bigger and bigger...makes my head spin. They take and take and when they have spent all that, they invent new ways to take more...spend that...borrow some...levy some new taxes, fees and it goes on and on....but there is a segment that just thinks the GOV does no wrong and all of this is necessary "for the good of the people"...whatever man...time to start brewing your own...tastes better and you might get to control whether GMO's are included...

• Like 3

now you're using "breitbart" as a source? come on, they're not even real journalists.

now you're using "breitbart" as a source? come on, they're not even real journalists.

Same comment I gave you on the land grab thread njd.

me: post article showing the federal government abusing us and it's powers.

ninjadude: They can do wrong, they're the government.

I really don't give a flying fig what your opinion of the source is, the stories are legit.

• Like 1

why? why? *******WHY?

as for the post let's look at who the farmers are going to have to go to get grain to make up for the lost feed from the brewers? how much you want to bet it has genetically modified in the title!

this is such a load of crap! who even brought this to the governments attention that now they have to figure out how to "fix" it?

• Like 1

Ive just about reached my tipping point. Would someone stop this ride? I want off.

• Like 3

Ninjadude as always, comes off as the sane one here, again. Quote from the article, a reputable source by the way; "The FDA's proposal would require breweries to dry and package the spent grain leftover from the beer brewing process before it could be given to farmers to use as feed."

Nowhere does it say that there is a new "tax" or "charge" in all this. Did you read the article correctly? "GIVEN" to the farmers, not sold or taxed. Zero money involved for you and I, zilch, nada, nothing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, please some of you, stop being so paranoid.

Full and correct article below for those of you who are about to possibly turn into Lee Harvey Oswald or Ted Bundy because you're fed so much propaganda and disinformation. From "news sources" as ninja so poignantly noticed.

Calm down.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/portland/2014/03/27/feed-fight/6971559/

The government as a whole, has found a multitude of ways to keep siphoning money from our pockets. Fines, taxes, levies, fees, licences, etc. etc.

Unwittingly or no, they are destroying the very fabric they are here to serve.

Not in this instance.

This b*llsh!t makes my ******* blood boil! Government sticking its greedy nose in to where it can make some more money out of hard working people. No doubt so they can buy more drones to blow people up with as well as putting more money into recruiting uneducated, ignorant bullies for what effectively is now a 'police force' to rival the SS!

They aren't making money, read any other article about the problem with real farmers for sources.

With all the propaganda you believe, you would be a perfect candidate for the SS!! Haha!! You weren't reincarnated from nazi germany by any chance, were you?

Ive just about reached my tipping point. Would someone stop this ride? I want off.

The ride is in your head my friend, read the article again from another actual news source and stop believing this stuff.

You control the ride, and it can be one where you're vomiting and peeing yourself, sitting in a puddle of cold bodily functions better left inside of you, or it can be at sunset on a beach, in the late summer evening with a hint of lilac in the cool, gentle breeze.

Only you can make the change in the world so please, change it now and stop reading things that make you want to be (or believe) something your aren't.

They aren't making money, read any other article about the problem with real farmers for sources.

With all the propaganda you believe, you would be a perfect candidate for the SS!! Haha!! You weren't reincarnated from nazi germany by any chance, were you?

derp_zpsdacdf60c.gif

You...as are the other big GOV fans...are totally missing the damn point...

It was not broken...it did not need to be fixed...the GOV did not need to go there...just like lots of things the ever growing abomination does..."let's justify our existence by getting involved over here...oh wait...we have to hire more people cause we got involved"...on and on and on...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 4

derp_zpsdacdf60c.gif

You...as are the other big GOV fans...are totally missing the damn point...

It was not broken...it did not need to be fixed...the GOV did not need to go there...just like lots of things they ever growing abomination does..."let's justify our existence by getting involved over here...oh wait...we have to hire more people cause we got involved"...on and on and on...

Nice Gif, you download that before or after recess?

You missed the point where maybe the government knows more than you. "No they don't they're stupid!!" Right. Maybe they got a tip that a terrorist wanted to put some chemicals or a virus into the feed and into the cows and then you're next. Or maybe they wanted to take a preventative measure on that before they had intelligence and didn't want to risk it. Sound crazy? Only to you and your republican "teh guvunmant wants teh tache meye freedumb!"

Once again, calm down. Please.

Nice Gif, you download that before or after recess?

You missed the point where maybe the government knows more than you. "No they don't they're stupid!!" Right. Maybe they got a tip that a terrorist wanted to put some chemicals or a virus into the feed and into the cows and then you're next. Or maybe they wanted to take a preventative measure on that before they had intelligence and didn't want to risk it. Sound crazy? Only to you and your republican "teh guvunmant wants teh tache meye freedumb!"

Once again, calm down. Please.

Holy crap who's drinking the freaking cool-aid now. guess what the government for the most part is made up of not so intelligent people just because they got the rabble to vote for them doesn't make them a rocket scientist.

and just because they got said elected official to pick them for some flunky government job doesn't boost their I.Q. either. further more in every government employees never ceasing quest to justify their existence they sometimes trample the rights us "common" citizens.

maybe they didn't get a "tip" and they just want get involved in another facet of our lives not covered in the constitution.

• Like 1