Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"I'd like to speak to President Kerry please."

Naveed

My dad just e-mailed me this joke. grin2.gif

One sunny day in 2005, an old man wearing a VFW hat approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here." The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine again told the veteran, respectfully, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and again walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Kerry. I've told you already that Mr. Kerry is not the President and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"

The old vet answered, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "Sir, see you tomorrow, Sir!"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naveed

• stillcrazy

• Canadian Rottweiler

• girty1600

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little political satire is a welcome site... ty for the cute joke!

Good one, the version I heard was the same but only with the guy asking for Bush.

the guard says Bush is no lnger in the white house......

Same lines yadda yadda,

Funny either way.

God bless the USA, UK and all those other countries I'm too lazy to type.