Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burning orange light baffles Rudloe residents

UM-Bot

A number of people observed the peculiar phenomenon in the sky over a rural part of England.

The North Wiltshire village became the center of an aerial mystery this week when several of its residents observed a strange 'burning' orange light in the sky above the houses.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...udloe-residents

Chinese laterns and the usual overactive imagination!

really?

I thought comet/meteor would be the most obvious.

(plus its been linked to Roswell and they didnt have chinese lanterns back then) :innocent:

• Like 1

Wait a sec...that object in the sky in the articles photo "baffled" people?

Are they really that ignorant that they couldn't figure that it was just a meteor or something?

• Like 1

I think a meteor is all it is...

• Like 1

How come we never get the picture to the article in these posts? Just curious. :)

Well I heard a few days ago on the TV that it would be good conditions to see the ISS over the UK, they even gave the times... but then again if this thing had a tail I guess that rules that out. Having said that tho, sometimes a plane with a vapour trail caught in the sun can look similar..

eta: img removed, see next post

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Wiltshire again.

Crop circles are getting out of fashion, so something new must be established there.

Any questions?

Found the page I couldn't find at first, DO read it pls, its short with lots of images

Short Sunlit Contrails Look Like UFOs

http://contrailscien...look-like-ufos/

charsign-raymond-sunlit-contrail-fireball.mov-20101207-122945.jpg

OP image

2974745.jpg?type=articleLandscape

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Well I heard a few days ago on the TV that it would be good conditions to see the ISS over the UK, they even gave the times...

There will be 8 visible passes of the ISS1 over Wiltshire area the nexts days, so I expect at least the same

number of UFO sighting reports including fuzzy YT clips.

http://www.heavens-a...&alt=149&tz=GMT

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

burning light baffles town of 8 residents, Mystery solved, it is a MCDonalds that just opened up along the freeway

“A lot of other people saw it, everyone’s talking about it. I thought we’re going to have the government round with the men in black to wipe our minds. They’re all saying Rudloe is the new Roswell.”

Oy, I don't think they're interested in erasing the memory of a meteor or contrail.

probably the iss, its been visible over the uk in the evening skys about that time onwards .. they should have checked the sky again an hour and a half later lol

and just for the benefit of those rural rudloe ancient tribal folk... having just checked the photograph with the related article it looks like an aeroplane with a contrail in the evening sky?.. or maybe you call it big metal bird? why am I even explaining it? they probably don't even have the internet , live in mud huts and still catch there food with spears

• Like 1

No, they don't.

ha - well they did to the woman taking the photo

• Like 1

Same location; earlier event?

someone should tell the vid up-loader that NASA have nothing to do with Wiltshire, :lol: and Rudloe Manor is a barracks and used to be an RAF base, and RAF bases.... have lots of runways...

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I've seen two in my life that really looked like bright flying objects. One looked like it was just a few thousand feet in the air but I'm sure it was much higher.

In both cases I was unable to find any reports of meteors.

Either that or an unidentified alien craft buzzing the air base.

probably the iss, its been visible over the uk in the evening skys about that time onwards .. they should have checked the sky again an hour and a half later lol

No. The ISS1 appears on the sky as a small bright white dot and not something in orange with a tail on it:

"It was like this big orange glow, absolutely huge, and the tail was bright, bright orange."

Either that or an unidentified alien craft buzzing the air base.

Or, as this was in Wiltshire, the crop circle support UFO.