Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conservatives vs Liberals

Agent0range

What I object to is people parking their brains and resorting to rhetorical positions which aren't supported by the evidence from reality.

Br Cornelius

Railing at the defense companies for doing what they were designed for is hardly enlightening.

Maybe you should attack the culture of preferred defence contractors and war for profit which your Government has followed.

Its a failing of the American empire's foreign policy - not the innate function of the government. As I keep saying, its not a fault of Government as such, its a fault of your government in particular.

Br Cornelius

So it's America's culture's fault. Isn't it always.

I'm not railing, I'm suggesting that when upwards of 100% of a company's revenues come from government, have some prudence before we wind up paying the bloat and overruns again. If I'm going to actually rail about the economy, one sector of the economy won't cut it.

So it's America's culture's fault. Isn't it always.

I'm not railing, I'm suggesting that when upwards of 100% of a company's revenues come from government, have some prudence before we wind up paying the bloat and overruns again. If I'm going to actually rail about the economy, one sector of the economy won't cut it.

When you live in a Fascist state such outcomes are built in.

Br Cornelius

The interesting thing about Mussolini is that in the name of efficiency he privatized much of the public sector and subsidized the private companies he favoured, all at the same time as loading the state with multiple hidden financial liabilities to prop up his cronie business associates. He left the country in a more indebted state than when he took power.

Now where have I seen that before ?

Br Cornelius

fascism.jpg

It will come in the form of a "progressive" who wants to keep us safe from terrorists. It could come in the form of an interventionist "Repubcrat" too.

• Like 2

It will come in the form of a "progressive" who wants to keep us safe from terrorists. It could come in the form of an interventionist "Repubcrat" too.

I think not. We will not fall accidentally into Fascism because of over protective regulation, the plan will be well laid and intentional and Fascism will be the intended goal.

Br Cornelius

I think not. We will not fall accidentally into Fascism because of over protective regulation, the plan will be well laid and intentional and Fascism will be the intended goal.

Br Cornelius

Don't kid yourself. A lot of "progressives" are in on that goal.

• Like 1

If and when our country slips into fascism are the liberals going to be okay with it? I understand the progressive movement in our government is across all parties and really moving us towards fascism. and I understand the progressives have more in common with the liberals then the conservatives. so I just wondering if when we become a fascist state are the liberals going to buck against the loss of freedom or just allow it. with the idea that this is what we need to do to maintain the balanced society they desire.

• Like 1

I don't think the fascism in our country today cares whether someone is con, lib, right, left, red or blue either. Corporatocracy has spread like the plague into both parties, the past five years prove it.

• Like 2

I strongly doubt Fascism will ever come to America or any other country. They will invent something new that will in some ways resemble Fascism but will have its own characteristics.

It'll come in the form of Clinton v Bush. I'm not sure how many signs of fascism we need before we can call it what it is but yeah, if it hasn't come yet.

Don't kid yourself. A lot of "progressives" are in on that goal.

That maybe, but it is not an inevitable consequence of real progressive policy - thats just your paranoid fantasy.

And people should be very clear about what Fascism really means when looking at the USA, the Nazi's were more than mere fascists and went well beyond the definition. Yamato nailed it when he said Corporatocracy.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

It appears to me that republican institutions in the States are pretty safe, in spite of their corruption and inefficiencies. This is because most of the population has swallowed, at least mostly, the propaganda about it. The danger is not to the institutions but to the country as a whole because of these institutions.

It'll come in the form of Clinton v Bush. I'm not sure how many signs of fascism we need before we can call it what it is but yeah, if it hasn't come yet.

You might as well say, "Lancaster vs. York." It seems like we want family dynasties here too. Look at the Kennedys. There are times when our republic resembles a monarchy.

• Like 1

That maybe, but it is not an inevitable consequence of real progressive policy - thats just your paranoid fantasy.

And people should be very clear about what Fascism really means when looking at the USA, the Nazi's were more than mere fascists and went well beyond the definition. Yamato nailed it when he said Corporatocracy.

Br Cornelius

No, that's just demonstrable reality. Juxtapose Obama's promises with his policies. Look at what this "progressive" president does with companies and industries. Now, feel free to post your definition of "fascist".

• Like 1

You might as well say, "Lancaster vs. York." It seems like we want family dynasties here too. Look at the Kennedys. There are times when our republic resembles a monarchy.

I like to joke that we have royal families too, we just have more than one.

• Like 2

I like to joke that we have royal families too, we just have more than one.

I think that your prediction will come true. Some people even think that Bush and Clinton will be on the same ticket, although that seems doubtful. That's as unlikely as two candidates from Skull and Bones. Oh, wait! ;)

• Like 2

I think that your prediction will come true. Some people even think that Bush and Clinton will be on the same ticket, although that seems doubtful. That's as unlikely as two candidates from Skull and Bones. Oh, wait! ;)

Yeah it's almost too crazy to believe isn't it.

• Like 1

Yeah it's almost too crazy to believe isn't it.

Next, they'll tell us that most cabinet departments are stuffed with CFR. You'd really have to be one of those cra-azy conspiracy theorists to believe that could ever happen.

People tend to go for names they recognize. That is why businesses work so hard to establish and protect brand names. It is silly and in my opinion just another of the weaknesses of democracy and ends up as you say with dynasties or famous people getting elected to office when they have no other qualification.
  • Like 1

Next, they'll tell us that most cabinet departments are stuffed with CFR. You'd really have to be one of those cra-azy conspiracy theorists to believe that could ever happen.

Heck I'll believe almost anything can happen, eventually. Yet I'm still looking for a single conspiracy to believe in. Haven't found one yet.

No, that's just demonstrable reality. Juxtapose Obama's promises with his policies. Look at what this "progressive" president does with companies and industries. Now, feel free to post your definition of "fascist".

The state is fascist with two faces which it presents depending on which party wins. It would matter little to the outcome if Obama was there or not, the details might be slightly different but the ultimate outcome is the same. The American system was designed from the outset to offer no real choice about the direction of the country. I will bet that whichever president gets into power he gets a little prep talk about what he can and cannot do and if he steps over the line like Kennedy did - he ends up dead. Few Presidents have considered it worth their while sacrificing their life for rocking the boat - so you always get more of the same.

Fascism is by definition a state run for selected companies, the nastier aspects fall into place because that doesn't favour the needs of the population and so "systems of control" are introduced to ensure that the people never get out of place. You have a surveillance system, you have unlimited detention, you have state sanctioned torture. All of these things have been strengthened by Obama so i really have to question the wisdom of calling him a progressive President, he is a tool of the Fascistic state and he could never have been anything else.

Let me just remind you that the Soviets claimed to offer free elections to the Dumar, did that make them any less communist ?

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Heck I'll believe almost anything can happen, eventually. Yet I'm still looking for a single conspiracy to believe in. Haven't found one yet.

I didnt read any of the convo leading up to this, just for the recorded.

But just to answer the highlighted part. The government spying on everyone and collecting everyone info use to be a conspiracy :tu: . They straight up lied to everyone about it when asked the first time.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1