Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seattle has a haunted vending machine

OverSword

This is an old vending machine that apparently is maintained by a ghost, since nobody is ever seen stocking it or collecting money from it. The article mentions mystery buttons which distribute random rare soda's but not mentioned in the article is that local legend has it that the mystery buttons will also cause the machine to spit out a rainier or olympia beer (two local brands originating in the 1950's)

Here is an article with a picture of the fearsome vending menace

• Like 1

i put 3 dollars and pressed MYSTERY only to get Kopi Luwak... WTF, Kopi Luwak???? you say, wtf is Kopi Luwak

• Like 2

Just because no one has noticed it being restocked, doesn't mean it's not done by human hands.

• Like 2

Just because no one has noticed it being restocked, doesn't mean it's not done by human hands.

Nope. Definetly haunted.

Actually if you look closely at the photo you can see it's attached to the concrete behind it with an 'L' shaped piece of steel. The concrete is part of the wheelchair ramp leading to the locksmith's shop and the vending machine has two shiny new pad locks on it so I say mystery solved. But still it is just one more little weird thing that makes my hood the coolest one in the city.

• Like 1

Easy,

Guy gets vending machine, Most likely buys outdated soda by the pallet (Yes it is possible) and randomly puts the cans in, comes back once a month, fills it, takes cash.

So what stopping some one from putting a webcam on it?

• Like 3

This is pretty interesting; not paranormal though.

One line I'm wondering about though: "Where can you even get Brisk iced tea in a can anymore?". You can find it pretty much anywhere where I live.

Edited by beelzebufo
  • Like 2

This is pretty interesting; not paranormal though.

One line I'm wondering about though: "Where can you even get Brisk iced tea in a can anymore?". You can find it pretty much anywhere where I live.

I agree. I am not sure that I would call this paranormal. But it's interesting.

Now if they come out with the 1985 New Coke or TAB, I'll be a fan of this machine. I think I was the only one that liked the New Coke...

Easy,

Guy gets vending machine, Most likely buys outdated soda by the pallet (Yes it is possible) and randomly puts the cans in, comes back once a month, fills it, takes cash.

It would ruin the story.

• Like 2

Easy,

They want to keep the 'Mystery" alive.

• Like 2

We used to have a 'haunted' soda machine in front of one of the Winn-Dixies in Montgomery, AL. It spit out 2 Barq's rootbeers every time without fail for about 4 years before they fixed it. New managers suck.

• Like 1

We used to have a 'haunted' soda machine in front of one of the Winn-Dixies in Montgomery, AL. It spit out 2 Barq's rootbeers every time without fail for about 4 years before they fixed it. New managers suck.

It was haunting their profit margin.

• Like 1

It was haunting their profit margin.

:lol: That was my guess. They ended up removing them all together a few years ago.

If i hit the root bear button and get a bag of hot fries then i'm calling in an exorcist.

• Like 4