Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Just don't care.Woman after hitting cyclist

Arkitecht

She's only 21, so her empathy will most likely grow in time(which means her position will change naturally on its own). What wont change now though is that's its online. So ten/twenty years from now someone might still come across it and many wont be thinking it was a long time ago. I don't think people understand as easily how a person can change over time when all they know about a person is what's left online.

...Wow...really?Okay,what if it was your Dad that was hit by this waste of oxygen? Your attitude aboute everything you just said would change.Sometimes a bad person is born...Even Charles Manson has parents. She is a cold callous person who shows no remorse.She is a shining example of the kind of people who should be fed to the dogs...literally.
  • Like 2

...Wow...really?Okay,what if it was your Dad that was hit by this waste of oxygen? Your attitude aboute everything you just said would change.Sometimes a bad person is born...Even Charles Manson has parents. She is a cold callous person who shows no remorse.She is a shining example of the kind of people who should be fed to the dogs...literally.

Do you not see the irony in your post?

And to answer your questions, yes really. And if it was my father I might naturally speak/act in anger but this person isn't related to any of you.

Now let me ask you a question. If this was your daughter would you want this "waste of oxygen" "fed to the dogs....literally." ? Or do you think your attitude might change?

• Like 3

She's only 21, so her empathy will most likely grow in time(which means her position will change naturally on its own). What wont change now though is that's its online. So ten/twenty years from now someone might still come across it and many wont be thinking it was a long time ago. I don't think people understand as easily how a person can change over time when all they know about a person is what's left online.

Only 21?? merciful heavens, you'd have expected that someone would have learned what it involves being a responsible member of the human race by now.

she's not a waste of oxygen, she's a waste of matter.

• Like 3

Only 21 ?

Exactly ~

• Like 1

I hope they throw the book at her.

She wouldn't be able to read it, unless it was less than 140 characters.

• Like 1

Maybe they should 'text' the book at her ~

• Like 3

She will completely deserve any misfortune that she experiences throughout her entire lifetime over this being online.

Honestly, people like her almost make me physically ill.

Do you not see the irony in your post?

And to answer your questions, yes really. And if it was my father I might naturally speak/act in anger but this person isn't related to any of you.

Now let me ask you a question. If this was your daughter would you want this "waste of oxygen" "fed to the dogs....literally." ? Or do you think your attitude might change?

If she was my daughter i would disown her.And by the age of 14 most people have the personality that they will carry with them for life.So since she was already 21,i would have disowned her long ago.
  • Like 1

so, yeah, she's an awful person.

but somehow i find a bunch of people saying that she should die for this thing to be pretty damn awful as well.

• Like 1

21 is young. Basically look at the stuff you guys write while trying to act as if you are awesome caring people. I find most peoples 'empathy' shallow and typical. Type of empathy when someone dies they are the first to post/say for all to hear "sorry for your loss" and that's about as deep as they go. And if anyone doesn't do that they consider them not having empathy or being caring. I look at those types as posers of empathy. It shows how 'kind/caring' they are but when you actually get a decent test, their true caring colours come out.

So I find it a joke when people say things like cull, to make way for what... for the more caring people/types that say things like... cull.

lol. Are you guys serious.

• Like 1

21 is young. Basically look at the stuff you guys write while trying to act as if you are awesome caring people. I find most peoples 'empathy' shallow and typical. Type of empathy when someone dies they are the first to post/say for all to hear "sorry for your loss" and that's about as deep as they go. And if anyone doesn't do that they consider them not having empathy or being caring. I look at those types as posers of empathy. It shows how 'kind/caring' they are but when you actually get a decent test, their true caring colours come out.

So I find it a joke when people say things like cull, to make way for what... for the more caring people/types that say things like... cull.

lol. Are you guys serious.

Congratulations, it was tongue in cheek, yes, you win a prize.

But seriously, yes, you think people should try to understand this bimbo? Put ourselves in her shoes? Ok, let me try. Perhaps she really is a sociopath, if not a psychopath in waiting, because at the age of 21, most people are capable to understanding that some things are a very stupid thing to do, and if they do inadvertently hurt someone else, and of course that could happen to anyone, most people, even at 21, would recognise that they had and feel some remorse. This is not a normal way for a mere kid of 21 to behave.

• Like 1

If she was my daughter i would disown her.And by the age of 14 most people have the personality that they will carry with them for life.So since she was already 21,i would have disowned her long ago.

I'm guessing you are over the age of 14 and maybe even 21. So then apparently you wont change either and are the type of person who would disown their own daughter over an error. So she could've been a wonderful person but said these few quotes and acted poorly in a certain situation and now you would disown her.

And you would think she is the one with the problems? Fascinating.

Edited by Kazahel

Conservatively speaking ... not only does she have 'problems' ~ in fact ~ in this particular case, she IS the problem ~ and she is just ONE among many ~ in other cases lives were lost ... many , many lives and very young ones too ~

So yes ~ I'd rather say she IS the one with problems ~ and not only that ~ she creates unnecessary misery for others too ~

~

• Like 2

I'm guessing you are over the age of 14 and maybe even 21. So then apparently you wont change either and are the type of person who would disown their own daughter over an error. So she could've been a wonderful person but said these few quotes and acted poorly in a certain situation and now you would disown her

And you would think she is the one with the problems? Fascinating.

she didn't say a few quotes and acted poorly in a certain situation. She displayed a complete lack of any concern whatever for her fellow beings. This is not normal behaviour for a person of 21. According to your theory, when should the minimum age of criminal responsibility be? Would 25 be too low? 30? we should just make excuses for anyone who causes harm to anyone else and shows absolutely no remorse at all below that age, should we?

• Like 1

I dare say a motorist or motorbike hitting a pedestrian or a person on a bicycle in Vietnam will get a good dose of street justice before the police arrive.

• Like 2

Congratulations, it was tongue in cheek, yes, you win a prize.

I said it was meant jokingly in my first post. Either way its still a nasty thing to say.

But seriously, yes, you think people should try to understand this bimbo? Put ourselves in her shoes? Ok, let me try. Perhaps she really is a sociopath, if not a psychopath in waiting, because at the age of 21, most people are capable to understanding that some things are a very stupid thing to do, and if they do inadvertently hurt someone else, and of course that could happen to anyone, most people, even at 21, would recognise that they had and feel some remorse. This is not a normal way for a mere kid of 21 to behave.

First up I think its rude to call her a bimbo. Second you only have a few quotes from her out of her whole life. So to think you know her enough to say anything is bold. And I don't think everybody develops mentally/emotionally at the same rate. So as you guys think she should be more developed at her age, I could think you should be. The story is created to incite hate, so you then get your typical replies and this is seen as being fully developed. ?

And it scares me if this is what's considered normal.

I said it was meant jokingly in my first post. Either way its still a nasty thing to say.

First up I think its rude to call her a bimbo. Second you only have a few quotes from her out of her whole life. So to think you know her enough to say anything is bold. And I don't think everybody develops mentally/emotionally at the same rate. So as you guys think she should be more developed at her age, I could think you should be. The story is created to incite hate, so you then get your typical replies and this is seen as being fully developed. ?

rude to call her a bimbo? Yes, we shouldn't be rude to her. She only could have paralysed someone for life and showed absolutely no remorse about it at all. We shouldn't be rude about her. Poor little thing, think how she's suffering, she got her car dented. :(

You're the one that seems to think that what she's done is normal for a 21 year old.

• Like 2

She called emergency responders but parked more than 300 feet away from the victim and refused to offer him help.

Would that count as a hit and run, or just criminal negligence?

rude to call her a bimbo? Yes, we shouldn't be rude to her. She only could have paralysed someone for life and showed absolutely no remorse about it at all. We shouldn't be rude about her. Poor little thing, think how she's suffering, she got her car dented. :(

You haven't seen any remorse from her. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any. So I tend to not believe only the small part the media shows or even what she says to her friends on facebook. I see that as a mask(trying to act cool). No one will know for sure if she has remorse or not unless they are very close to her.

And I'm betting if she showed any remorse(on facebook or even during the police interview)the media wouldn't tell you anyway because it would lose their story.

if she hit a friend of yours, you wouldnt have to say anything

You haven't seen any remorse from her. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any. So I tend to not believe only the small part the media shows or even what she says to her friends on facebook. I see that as a mask(trying to act cool). No one will know for sure if she has remorse or not unless they are very close to her.

And I'm betting if she showed any remorse(on facebook or even during the police interview)the media wouldn't tell you anyway because it would lose their story.

shes someone who likes the high life and i presume does not care about other people, only her her her her, the constant texting gives us a hint

Would that count as a hit and run, or just criminal negligence?

That might of been the only place she could get her car off the street. So she might of just thought to park her car. And by her phoning for help she has somewhat helped him.

So I'm not sure what "refused to offer him help" means. They didn't go into detail over that part.

if she hit a friend of yours, you wouldnt have to say anything

I don't understand what you mean.

shes someone who likes the high life and i presume does not care about other people, only her her her her, the constant texting gives us a hint

Hmm. Now she likes the high life too(I'm not sure where you got that from, because she has a car?). And she cared enough to stop and call for help. Also half the world is constantly texting so I'm not sure you can use that as a measure.

Davis had driven from a supermarket in east Warrnambool to just west of Koroit when she hit the cyclist at 7.20pm on September 20 last year on the Penshurst-Warrnambool Road.

The cyclist was on the edge of the road heading west when Davis hit him from behind, despite there being lights on the back and front of his bike.

Records showed Davis used her phone 44 times in her drive from east Warrnambool to Koroit, sending and receiving 22 text messages to seven different phones.

At 7.18pm she received a text message and 51 seconds later made the call to triple-0 after hitting the rider.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2220124/i-just-dont-care-texting-p-plate-driver-hits-cyclist/?cs=2452

She's only 21...

What is your point? The Age of Majority in Australia is 18.

• Like 1