Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Apple found the Loch Ness Monster?

Stonecoldvampzy

Looking for the Loch Ness Monster? There’s an app for that.

Amazing images of a creature swimming below the surface of the world famous loch have been accessed from a satellite high in the atmosphere, using Apple's satellite map app.

The photographs were captured by two different amateur Nessie hunters scanning different satellites transmitting images of the earth from space.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...ery-Nessie.html

Interesting picture for sure, but is it definitive proof?

Edited by Angelicon

It looks large a large fish. If the image is real (not some photo shopped hoax) then perhaps a large fish is what Nessie actually is.

Looks like some giant type of Sturgeon to me,but quite frankly I am erring on the side of caution and saying fake or hoax....

• Like 1

Does have the shape of a large sturgeon, but AT that height makes it HUMUNGUS :w00t:

Looks like some giant type of Sturgeon to me,but quite frankly I am erring on the side of caution and saying fake or hoax....

Was thinking same thing, could indeed be a sturgeon, not the shape of a plesiosaur or any other long necked creature. It's certainly a big one, mmmm, lot's of caviar!

• Like 1

To me it looks like that there used to be a boat. They retouched the boat out of the picture, and all you have left are the waves created by the boat, and that's what we see.

• Like 3

If you compare it to what looks to be boats and a building in the lower right hand corner of this picture, it would have to be much larger than any known fish.

article-2607667-1D2D46AF00000578-638_634x413.jpg

Wake from a boat maybe?

• Like 1

Any photo-vestigators (e.g., Chrslz or others) out there want to apply their expertise to this?

certainly not the shape of a sauropod, which many people who have said, that they have seen the nessie monster, looked like,

to me this looks like a whaleshark, but then again whaleshark in the loch.....

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

My first thought was a ship or submarine.

That thing is ridiculously huge. I agree with flombie. When you look at the close-up, it looks inorganic, and there's a boat shaped outline in the middle of it. Looks like it's been edited to me.

article-2607667-1D2D25A900000578-666_634x400.jpg

• Like 3

Wheres my pole? That's the biggest freaking catfish ive ever seen!

• Like 2

seeing this close up photo, I am a seeing waves on its sides or is fins, it kinda resembles draco lizard's wings

Compaing that blob to the boats near the shore that thing would be as large as a Blue Whale, or even larger and that loch is incapable of supporting something that large, much less a breeding community of them. That has to be some kind of anomaly with the image. If you look in the center of it you see a ferry like rectangle from which the rest would be a wake. My guess is a boat or ferry was imaged but somehow erased leaving that wake image. Maybe this boat http://www.cruiselochness.com/

• Like 3

Was thinking same thing, could indeed be a sturgeon, not the shape of a plesiosaur or any other long necked creature. It's certainly a big one, mmmm, lot's of caviar!

A large sturgeon has been put forward before as a possible Nessie candidate,its a monster if it is though

i too have concluded that in the pic, is a huge boat or ship, going at a fast paced speed, in a south west direction

• Like 1

This same image came up in December 2013.

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2013/12/another-strange-satellite-image.html

I am not aware of a conclusion concerning it.

Whatever it may be, it is quite large. Using a scale of the same area on Google Maps, it is probably 150ft or a bit more in length.

That would make it larger than a blue whale, and quite possibly among the largest creature ever. However, I don't think it is beyond the possible wake size of a moderate size boat.

• Like 1

certainly not the shape of a sauropod, which many people who have said, that they have seen the nessie monster, looked like,

to me this looks like a whaleshark, but then again whaleshark in the loch.....

That was the first thing I thought. Then, my son looked at it and said I had it backwards. He thinks the skinny end is the neck, and the wide part is the body. That would mean it's actually swimming north instead of south. The more I look at it, the more I think he might be right.

• Like 1

ok, but no-one really knows what the loch ness monster looks like, even has a hoax or if it was real....

many people, believe it is serpent shaped, with little or no bulky type body.. like the one in this natgeo reconstruction

Loch-Ness-3.jpg

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

Atm I'm going to think it's something interesting like a basking shark or a ray. It could even be the monster!

I don't think anyone has explored the Loch's marine life, have they?

A live whaleshark of that size is a sight to behold I bet. Remember the poor sucker they pulled up in Pakistan some two years ago. It was already dead when some fishermen found it floating, but it could not have been dead for long. It looks pretty spectacular when they lift the body out of the water.>

http://youtu.be/FeCsMLLFi8k

Hundreds of people gathered at a fish harbor in Pakistan's city Karachi on Tuesday to see a 40-feet long dead fish, a sight uncommon in the country during the past many years.

The giant whale shark washed ashore on Tuesday but according to media reports it was spotted unconscious 10 days ago some 150 kilometers away from the fishery.

A video of Geo News about the dead giant fish is available here. According to this video some fishermen had gone out fishing on Tuesday and had found the dead fish and brought it to Karachi Fish Harbor.

The dead whale shark was lifted off the water with the help of more than two cranes, after earlier attempts had failed.

In July 2010 a 17-foot whale shark was found on the shores of Hawksbay in Karachi, but Tuesday's fish was certainly more than double in size and weight.

Later in the evening the Express Tribune newspaper reported that dead shark was sold at Rs 1.7 million (around $18,888). The report also reads: "Two cranes were called in to fish the dead whale shark out of the water, which was approximately40 to 50-feet long and six-feet wide. Both cranes failed to pull out the fish and were sent back as at least three more cranes were required to carry out the task."

But anyway, the Loch Ness photo looks interesting, but weary of all kinds of hoaxes over the years I hesitate to have an opinion...but it looks tantalizing and jogs the imagination. :)

• Like 4

Though I know it's fake it was quite some tantalizing and subtle footage they created in the Discovery docufiction/mocumentary - or whatever you like to call it - Megalodon: The Monster Shark That Lives.

Especially the first one:

..but this one that was "filmed" from a helicopter is pretty good also:

[media=]

Edited by EllJay

That thing is ridiculously huge. I agree with flombie. When you look at the close-up, it looks inorganic, and there's a boat shaped outline in the middle of it. Looks like it's been edited to me.

article-2607667-1D2D25A900000578-666_634x400.jpg

Thanks for the image ... but no ... don't looks like there's been editing done ~ more probably due to weather conditions or haze /pollution masking the vessel making the wakes ~ the water contrasts look low because of the speed or lack of understandably for a vessel that size ~ there is a 'vessel in the middle of the 'mysterious' shape ~ the shape is water interference ~ not a physical object under the surface ~ adjust the histogram levels to limit the redundant shadows and highlights and it will be seen quite clearly ~ the image is mainly mid tones anyway ~

~

• Like 7