Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dad kills son.So he can play video games

Arkitecht

It seems as though it's very distracting to have a crying baby when your trying to play a video game.So this guy smothered his year old son in order to not be disturbed. Not gonna win Father of the year award.

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/04/18/5109538/florida-man-charged-with-killing.html

Well, the kid was probably confrontational, so he was a domestic terrorist anyway.

Can't wait:

n-COMET-EXPLODES-EARTH-large570.jpg?12

• Like 2

Well, the kid was probably confrontational, so he was a domestic terrorist anyway.

Can't wait:

n-COMET-EXPLODES-EARTH-large570.jpg?12

Yeah,ya gotta stop 'em before they get old enough to buy a gun.Which really makes them terrorist!

I wished that I was more shocked when I hear about stories like this. Maybe I'm just numb.

• Like 5

What a piece of fecal matter. Look at what hours this occured and be guaranteed this is amphetamine related.

• Like 3

In the guy's statement, he said he watched around 3 shows on TV besides playing his Xbox.I wonder if he had the new Xbox One,or the Xbox 360.. Also what game was he playing?GTA 5?Too busy beating hookers to deal with a crying baby?

• Like 1

This is an interesting fellow. Yeah Im curious what he was playing too.Whatever it is I want that game because it must of been hell of fun.

From the article

According to an arrest report, Wygant said around 1 a.m. he became frustrated with the baby because he was crying uncontrollably and preventing him from playing Xbox games. Wygant told investigators he had placed his hand over the baby's mouth and nose for three to four minutes until the baby seemed "exhausted" and then laid him down in the play pen.

The arrest report stated Wygant covered the baby with multiple layers of bedding, including his head and was tucked in such a way as to prevent him from receiving fresh air.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by spartan max2

I'd say the father was most likely a psychopath. But, that will probably be viewed as being overly judgemental. Too bad, I still think he's most likely a psychopath.

Edited by Lilly
grammar
  • Like 4

What is sad is I bet there will be hordes of people shrieking on and on about how video games should be banned/made illegal and so forth and if they were then this wouldn't happen.

The thing is that no object makes anyone do anything..this sick piece of biomatter had so little control over himself that he killed his baby and at some point he is going to realize there is no "reset" button on this, no special spells or potions to make it all better.

But then again he does have a rather sickening history of crimes so I doubt that he will be remorseful anytime soon.

I mean, I like video games too and hate being disturbed but if there is something that needs to be done, like the kitty needing to be fed, ( believe me, she'll let you know on no uncertain terms when that is) then I go do it.

The game will always be there so its not like it is the end of the world.

• Like 1

I dunno maybe video games do make people crazy!(There is hundreds of vids like this one!)

• Like 1

I wished that I was more shocked when I hear about stories like this. Maybe I'm just numb.

That's a good way to describe what is happening - sensory overload to the point that almost NOTHING can shock us any longer. I can't process it all. If you took it in the way it would affect you if you knew these people personally - with every tragedy we hear of - it would drive a person insane. Day before yesterday I had to detour around a car wreck. I got home to discover that a local man had been killed because he drove into an intersection on a busy street (legally) and a drunk, fleeing the police, ran over his car and killed him. Now the drunk will spend the rest of his life in a cell and the dead man's family will lose him forever because a guy decided he could handle the alcohol. Senseless..waste.
  • Like 2

After watching the video, I am going to say that video games wasn't the problem. It was his sensitivity over his weight.

This guy is mental. He's young and otherwise healthy - if he could be FORCED to get out of the house and DO something physical - anything - he wouldn't have to be so stressed about his appearance. Freedom is that way though... you can't save a person from themselves.

this is awefull.

IMO this was caused by us, society and the gratification of Ego taking priority over life.. :cry:

I dunno maybe video games do make people crazy!(There is hundreds of vids like this one!)

[media=]

[/media]

Just for context, this guys name is Boogie2988 and is a very popular youtuber, He makes videos like this for entertainment purposes basically its all an act. However he does make some serious videos highlighting various issues in gaming and also how his weight effects his life. some good videos he has check him out sometime.

• Like 3

This guy ought to had taken some good long silent moments in the bed in the dark of night or some moments where you just do nothing but lie down or be still and dont have anywhere to go, no one pulling your sleeve. You dont do stuff like this if you got your nerves in check, psychopath or not.

And life priorities too... silent moments are good to think about them.

Edited by Mikko-kun
  • Like 1

The latest one among many over on this side of the world ~

Video-game addicted South Korean dad let 2-year-old son starve to death: cops (VIDEO)

The 22-year-old dad, whose surname is Chung, was apparently unemployed and spent days at a time playing online games at an Internet café, only returning home every three days or so to feed the child. After the boy starved to death, the man was seen on camera trying to take the corpse, in a suitcase, into a garden. He reported the boy missing, but is now charged with the child’s death, according to police.

BY Lee Moran

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 8:31 AM

To be fair it happens on both sides of the divide ~ kids have killed parents on account of video games related incidences too ~

~

• Like 2

Oh and I keep saying they need to develop a switch for a guys "little soldiers" to be functioning. Of course some people will get on a soapbox and say "So your saying not everyone should have the right to have children?"

That's exactly what I'm saying.

• Like 4

Okay here is people who are not oversized and not faking.

• Like 1

Frustration and anger are not just limited to video games, seen those sports riots that happen out there? They can be pretty brutal. Id rather get angry at my TV and take it out on a plastic box than shank a fan of a rival foot ball club. Ive played games pretty much all my life and yes i have gone through videogame frustration but i have never in my 22 years playing games hurt another person over it.

Its all about how you deal with the frustration if you cant control it video games arnt for you,Thats my view as a Gamer.

• Like 3

^ Ditto. I'm really hoping this doesn't devolve into a "Video Games Are The Great Societal Ill" thread. If someone does something like this its a good chance they were a piece of **** in the first place.

• Like 5

I do believe that most of the "Rage" type video gamers are online players.As a person who does play video games,( not online) i can say that back in the day,like the first Xbox,i would play online to play battlefield. And it was fun...until the cheaters and the psychos ruined it.Now i just play single player offline games.More peaceful and fun.No douche bags to deal with.And i only play about 5 or 6 hours in a week.If that.But i think that online gaming can turn some people into rageaholics.

• Like 1

I agree that being exposed to some of the asshats on-line gaming attracts can cause rage, however if your going to expose yourself to that your going to need a thick skin and be able to brush things off and move, on. On topic id like to state i find what this man has done appalling and inexcusable. I do however think he had issues not related to video gaming,

Well as some have pointed out,this guy was already bad news.He has a criminal record that included rape.Who knows what kind of drugs he might have been on.A bad person with a criminal mind and possibly high on god knows what.I say put him in a Cannon, aim towards the ocean,and whatever part's make it to the water,well at least he could be good fish food.Just a thought.

• Like 2

This is one of the worste threads ever posted

If I was the mom and came across it id be mad as hell. Yes we are too damn numb.. this is very ****ed up

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1