Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Dreams Solve Problems While We Sleep?

Still Waters

It appears possible that people can intentionally dream details about the personal problems of an unknown individual, simply by examining a picture of the target and then “incubating” or planning to dream about that individual’s problems.

http://www.psycholog...-while-we-sleep

• Like 1

Answer.. = Yep..

And that's before reading the artificial.. :yes:

• Like 4

Yes it is possible

And it doesn't necessarily need to be a "problem"

• Like 2

You certainly can. I have has powerful dreams about my probkems. Symbols thrown at me with very solid intent to get me to learn something or make a change. I also have done very interesting discussions with a few characters.

• Like 2

It appears possible that people can intentionally dream details about the personal problems of an unknown individual, simply by examining a picture of the target and then “incubating” or planning to dream about that individual’s problems.

http://www.psycholog...-while-we-sleep

Very cool article. But of course it's not news to me. I would have been shocked if the results were negative. Huge amounts of people have experiences in their dreams that connect with the world in amazing ways. Billions maybe. Shaman relied on it to find medicine and to diagnose. I myself have a certain kind of " dream" when a virus around.

I remember nearly all of my dreams so I see things emerge throughout the day constantly. I'm learning to access these perceptions while awake. I have discovered that is always running but very feint in the back ground while you are awake.

It's only a matter of time that serious scientists like this finally bring the scientific community around. I'm glad things are picking up in this area.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

I'm the yes bandwagon, absolutely!. What's interesting to me is my Mum from a early age used to encourage me to do the same if she didn't know the answer to something she would tell me to go and dream on it. Lol. Little did i known then that she had the same thing, she's told me she can solve problems and come up with solutions in her dreams. I think she is better than me at it, but I'm grateful she always instilled that into us that dreams were not useless moments of life or time ticking by like some in society would like us to believe or eradicate sleep altogether ;) I can't remember who it was I read about, but on the worlds greatest entrepreneurs said the source for his ideas came from his dreams and his dreams reg solve things.

I dont like them dreams, maybe because indeed they 'telling' me something about everything. That is why i choose not to dream while sleeping.

But dreams are powerful. I remember one time, when i was younger and my mom was on business trip in other country... I had problems at home, with some people that u just dont wonna mess with... In short, i had to return something and they literally capture me and gave me 4 days to finish that work. That nite i got call from my mother in early morning hours. She was very upset, asked me if i have problems and what is it... While we were talking i just realized that she knows everything and when we were about to finish phone call - she told me she had a dream about this. Even today i remember that time and wonder, what did happen!? Ok, there is tie between kid and mom but this was unusual thing. Its little out of topic but this happening did make me believe that there is alot more in dreams then we think, indeed dreams are powerful. So i still avoid dreams because sometimes i have many days of bad mood if i dream about anything. One's past is, in the same time, his best friend and his worst enemie.

• Like 1

My dreams wont help, they might make other people go insane.

So far all I have seen is that dreams are merely a warped mirror reflecting daily life back at us as well as reflecting back things one has seen, read, heard, played or experienced in years past.

If a person is involved in something, be it a book, a game or even learning a language then the brain will invariably reflect such elements in dreams. One time I tried learning Chinese and after a few days I had dreams that reflected chinese characters, same thing happened when I was reading about runes; dreamt of finding a book with runes in it.

I was once researching wicca and sure enough my dreams reflected those elements so...I am not sure our dreams really do as much as some claim they do.

I just am not convinced...

We all dream at night, that is simply part of the biology of it but whether or not we recall or even pay attention to them is another. I know I don't.

• Like 2

So far all I have seen is that dreams are merely a warped mirror reflecting daily life back at us as well as reflecting back things one has seen, read, heard, played or experienced in years past.

If a person is involved in something, be it a book, a game or even learning a language then the brain will invariably reflect such elements in dreams. One time I tried learning Chinese and after a few days I had dreams that reflected Chinese characters, same thing happened when I was reading about runes; dreamt of finding a book with runes in it.

I was once researching wicca and sure enough my dreams reflected those elements so...I am not sure our dreams really do as much as some claim they do.

I just am not convinced...

We all dream at night, that is simply part of the biology of it but whether or not we recall or even pay attention to them is another. I know I don't.

Yeah, I'm agreeing here, that at one level dreams are perceived as warped mirror. But they do go a hell of a lot deeper than that. And go through many deeper levels..

Everything you have explained here I have experienced at that level, and through these warped mirror dreams I have recognized patterns and made connections to problems, and even solved problems from seeing them in a different frame of mind. Also, and I think it's important, is that the dreams help engrave the knowledge in the mind, making it more readily available and closer to the surface..

Did these dreams not help you in your studies?

I would think so..

• Like 1

That one guy has a disgusting avatar! I have to disagree with him, my dreams are wondrous movies to be shared when they lesson the woes of anyones else IMHO

Did these dreams not help you in your studies?

I would think so..

No, they did not.

That one guy has a disgusting avatar!

Are you referring to Professor T? His avatar is from a book about fairies..I remember seeing that particular creature..nothing disgusting about it.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

I am sure it's possible, it happens to me all the time, it really match with my experiences i posted a few days ago about my future dreams.

Edited by Future Dreamer

That one guy has a disgusting avatar! I have to disagree with him, my dreams are wondrous movies to be shared when they lesson the woes of anyones else IMHO

:lol: Funny.. especially coming from an avatar removed of most of its outer layers..

Edit to add: That's a cool philosophy on sharing dreams BTW...

Edited by Professor T

For the love of God i couldn't remember one of my passwords for a game i use to play. Tried everything and nothing worked. I slept on the issue and immediately i remembered the password first try upon waking up.