Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family's car catches fire in lion enclosure

Still Waters

A family was left with nowhere to run when their car caught fire - in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park.

The car overheated in the first big cat enclosure at the Wiltshire attraction on Friday afternoon.

Rangers managed to rescue a woman and two children from the car before it burst into flames.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tshire-27078566

It seems that Wiltshire is a hotspot for nearly everything meanwhile.

They can laugh about it now, but I guarantee they weren't laughing whilst it was happening.

• Like 2

Burned Alive

or

Being Mauled by Lions

Tough Choice. But i'd stick to the car at least until the car is completely engulfed. And then run my ass off to the rangers car

You know you're in trouble when you look out of your smoke filled car and see lions putting on bibs and grabbing the bar-be-que sauce.

All kidding aside, they are blessed to be alive, twice!

• Like 3

Most safari park lions I've seen were very lazy and well fed. I doubt there was very much danger. Still good thing that they got rescued quickly. Also good that no lions were killed out of hand.

How in the world does your car catch fire? I mean what are the odds of that happening at all, let alone in the one place within 1000 miles where it's actually safer to stay in the burning vehicle? Maybe someone should school this woman on regular vehicle maintenance.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the lions would have been too concerned about the fire to be thinking about food during that episode. Still, how unlucky can you be to be stuck wondering whether you are about to be burnt alive or eaten. It would have been pretty harrowing for them at the time.

How in the world does your car catch fire? I mean what are the odds of that happening at all, let alone in the one place within 1000 miles where it's actually safer to stay in the burning vehicle? Maybe someone should school this woman on regular vehicle maintenance.

The lions had the meerkats put dry grass around the engine in hopes of getting some nice tender tourists, in return they promised not to eat the meerkats. Or it could be no vehicle maintenance like you said :yes:.

• Like 3

The lions had the meerkats put dry grass around the engine in hopes of getting some nice tender tourists, in return they promised not to eat the meerkats. Or it could be no vehicle maintenance like you said :yes:.

Never underestimate the villany of meerkats.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the villany of meerkats.

there is probably a joke in there somewhere about meerkats and car insurance..... :whistle:

• Like 1

them lion were hesitant... one step forward for fresh human flesh and meat, one step backward for the huge fire and flames... no wait 2 steps forwards for fresh...............................................