Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our "broken" clock (and moving objects)

Gavavva

Ok so this ones a funny old deal, and even though I believe in things supernatural, I'm hesitant to say it's such a thing... But it is rather odd.

So, we have this clock. It's nothing special, we have had it around 8 months. But Thursday, something rather odd happened. We noticed it had lost an hour... Not 55 minutes... Not 1 hour 3... One hour on the nose. It was so odd, it had us question if we actually changed the clocks on the recent change (which we had, as this clocks right above the TV).

Anyway, all normal so far right? Dead batteries? Broken clock?

Well, I turned the clock back to the right time and left it... The next day, some time in the afternoon... Boom... Back an hour. So, perplexed, I turn it back again... The clock never lost any time during the day, it simply gets to a point where we are away, don't see it, and loses an hour. The rest of the day it holds perfect time...

So, again I turn it back, and again today, it's lot an hour the same way.

The real kicker? This all started on the first anniversary of my partners grandfathers death, which also happens to unfortunately be her birthday (the first day it all happened, Thursday).

So yeah this is all rather strange... It keeps perfect time all day, and get some hour, it goes back exactly one hour(or stops), every day.

It sounds totally daft, I know... But this isn't the first thing. Sometimes we come home, or even back in the room, and objects have just... Gone. We then find them in places where we haven't even been? We have a picture of my partners grandmother. She sits on our shelf. Every so often... This picture moves..? The furthest it's ever moved is around five foot to the side of where it's sat. This is a regular occurrence, even, and something we jokingly keep tabs on.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's paranormal... But it's really quite odd.

Ok so this ones a funny old deal, and even though I believe in things supernatural, I'm hesitant to say it's such a thing... But it is rather odd.

So, we have this clock. It's nothing special, we have had it around 8 months. But Thursday, something rather odd happened. We noticed it had lost an hour... Not 55 minutes... Not 1 hour 3... One hour on the nose. It was so odd, it had us question if we actually changed the clocks on the recent change (which we had, as this clocks right above the TV).

Well, I turned the clock back to the right time and left it... The next day, some time in the afternoon... Boom... Back an hour. So, perplexed, I turn it back again... The clock never lost any time during the day, it simply gets to a point where we are away, don't see it, and loses an hour. The rest of the day it holds perfect time...

The real kicker? This all started on the first anniversary of my partners grandfathers death, which also happens to unfortunately be her birthday (the first day it all happened, Thursday).

So yeah this is all rather strange... It keeps perfect time all day, and get some hour, it goes back exactly one hour(or stops), every day.

It sounds totally daft, I know... But this isn't the first thing. Sometimes we come home, or even back in the room, and objects have just... Gone. We then find them in places where we haven't even been? We have a picture of my partners grandmother. She sits on our shelf. Every so often... This picture moves..? The furthest it's ever moved is around five foot to the side of where it's sat. This is a regular occurrence, even, and something we jokingly keep tabs on.

If it is a dial clock, make sure the hands are not hitting anything as they go around. I had a clock once where the minute hand would scrape the glass cover but only between 11 and 12.

• Like 3

Ya that is weird man, no one is screwing with you are they? a perfect hour is strange, i have clocks that are going dead as we type and after a few days it might of lost 10 or so mins

maybe you changed it in your sleep he he he

IT's a problem with the hands on the clock or with the gears. Probably around the same time everyday, too.

Nothing special there.

• Like 1

Your Grandpa could be the culprit, sometimes happen that some folks dont realise they are dead but if its happening when your not looking then its gotta be something else but still within the provence of 'Spooky'.

Had a friend who took his own life and used to see pot plants being swished with no draughts about so we got a friend in to let him know he had succeeded and died, didn't have a prob after that.....

The clock deal has a million and two mundane explanations for why it's doing that but i'm intrigued by the picture of granny and the other odd happenings that you mention.

Elaborate, please.

• Like 1

the cogs of your clock is f'ed....

sometimes i leave things somewhere, where i usually put them, but ends up somewhere where a hardly go in the house

and the picture moving a few cm's is probably due to the distorted magnetic fields in the house/area that you live in..

also the picture moved 5 foot to the side!!!, so are you saying the width of the shelf is 150cm wide?

• Like 1

several years ago,my smoke alarm would go off at 3:00 am every morning for about 6 months or so before it just stopped. i have no idea why it did it,but i do believe it was probably the time of death for my father whom i was estranged from because of family problems. the other day i was reading a book that told about the different types of things that can cause haunting like happenings. the things the article talked about was like elemental's the shadow men,demons (don't freak out i doubt the clock is a demon related thing),other things that were never human or alive in any sense of the word. i will look for the book and article.it could be that it's nothing more than a faulty clock,or it could be the person that used to own the clock. ghosts do attach themselves themselves to things that were dear to them in life. that's why i'm VERY careful when i buy things from ebay i will not buy from ANY estate sales. and even though i'm Pagan, i won't buy from Witch /Pagan/Wiccan estate sales

Edited by Ceridwen_9

Why would a ghost be worried about whether a clock is accurate or not?

• Like 2

*snip*

Pls advise model/manufacturer of that clock.

Is it a clock with automatic daylight saving time update?

Do you have to select a time zone on that clock before first use?

• Like 1

several years ago,my smoke alarm would go off at 3:00 am every morning for about 6 months or so before it just stopped. i have no idea why it did it,but i do believe it was probably the time of death for my father whom i was estranged from because of family problems.

Yeah. That's what it had to be. There couldn't possible be any other explanation. Ever.

• Like 2

several years ago,my smoke alarm would go off at 3:00 am every morning for about 6 months or so before it just stopped.

So you wanna tell us that you did nothing for 5,99 month (or so) and just accepted a 3am alarm at each single night?

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

Your Grandpa could be the culprit, sometimes happen that some folks dont realise they are dead but if its happening when your not looking then its gotta be something else but still within the provence of 'Spooky'.

Had a friend who took his own life and used to see pot plants being swished with no draughts about so we got a friend in to let him know he had succeeded and died, didn't have a prob after that.....

So because somebody is dead and doesn't realise it they would repeatedly put a clock back one hour or brush by some potted plants?Why on earth would you attribute this to a dead person unless they had an obsessive compulsive desire to do these things when alive?

• Like 1

So because somebody is dead and doesn't realise it they would repeatedly put a clock back one hour or brush by some potted plants?Why on earth would you attribute this to a dead person unless they had an obsessive compulsive desire to do these things when alive?

sounds like that poster watches too many ghost shows on tv
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Clocks have been known to do strange things, especially when someone's died. How long ago did the grandfather die? What about the grandmother? is she also passed over?

I guess something might've happened in your girlfriend's life recently to cause this sudden activity. Ghosts, whatever they are, do this to get attention.

Edited by Rogue Suga
  • Like 1

You know this guy joined in 2007, right?

Hi grumpy. :st

I haven't seen the poster around before and OP has 8 posts. What's wrong with just saying "hello"? Are you trying to tell me the rules of the forum state not allowed to welcome old members who haven't been around much? Hmph :no:

Why would a ghost be worried about whether a clock is accurate or not?

The dead can be unpredictable, or in this case, very predictable.