Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 9, asks for NHS help to quit smoking

Still Waters

A nine-year-old boy has asked for help from his local NHS trust to help him quit smoking.

The unnamed youngster first tried a cigarette at school, where he wanted to "fit in" and look cool, but he became addicted.

http://www.telegraph...it-smoking.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dr no

• Orcseeker

• and-then

• toast

I don't know how he could afford them.It's the best part of £5 for a packet of 10

What`s going on on the planet? 9yo smokers, 12yo mothers, what`s next? 11yo Microsoft CEO? I`m getting old ......

• Like 3

I don't know how he could afford them.It's the best part of £5 for a packet of 10

REALLY? How does anyone afford them there? Here you can get 20 for less than that. I remember 25 cents per pack - 5 dollars for a carton of 20 packs :(

Here in Audtralia it's usually $15-$20 for a pack of 20. Thank god I detest the things.

REALLY? How does anyone afford them there? Here you can get 20 for less than that. I remember 25 cents per pack - 5 dollars for a carton of 20 packs :(

Yes really! I packed in 2 months ago and I've been saving £50 -£60 a week.Our government have taxed cigarettes to the extreme for years.

i quit when a pack of parlament was $12 in nyc. it was about 5 years ago. in theory i saved $250-300 a month, but in reality, never seen those savings. my guess, as i stopped spending on cigs, i started spending more on something else, kids growing up, want more toys, need more clothes...etc.