Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue UFO filmed over Netherlands

seeder

Published on Apr 19, 2014

Rijnmond TV News in the Netherlands is reporting on an interesting UFO video captured by a man in the town of Maassluis. The object appears to be a large lens-shaped blue object and has no apparent means of propulsion.

http://www.openminds.tv/blue-ufo-caught-video-netherlands/26993

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbTQsXMZT3Q[/media]

Ah I dunno what this world is coming to

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced copied text with source link

Its quite clearly the Jupiter 2. Dr. Smith and the rest are no longer lost in space!

• Like 1

b52 bomber

Probably an inflatable.

b52 bomber

Sure.

Found a partial translation (if genuine)

Peter Jansen

1 day ago

I'm dutch so here's a short version.. he was filming a boat and observed an object coming in the picture it was there for 15 min and made fast movements up down left right he showed it to a neighbour but thinks its a ufo and there is ET out there we are just a small planet.. no other reports of people seeing it or filming it till now according to the report.

I'm a bit of a beliver in UFOs, but I'll be somewhat skeptical here. That can be something from Earth, a ballon, a helicopter, etc. I'm not saying it's not a UFO, just: "It might not be,".

I'm a bit of a beliver in UFOs, but I'll be somewhat skeptical here. That can be something from Earth, a ballon, a helicopter, etc. I'm not saying it's not a UFO, just: "It might not be,".

Even if its from earth it can be a ufo, cant it? Until such a time as its an IFO!!

• Like 3

No debunks yet?

blue-ufo-netherlands.jpg

No takers yet? OK Well with my limited image analysis experience, I'd say the object isnt apparently stuck to the the window! I think thats clear when he zooms in. But it doesn't seem to change angle or move either, even tho the translation allegedly says the man filming saw it jump about, thats probably down to his hand shake!

So, a drone? Over Netherlands? Seems unlikely, as does a stealth craft, but, who knows? And Blue?

No takers yet? OK Well with my limited image analysis experience, I'd say the object isnt apparently stuck to the the window! I think thats clear when he zooms in. But it doesn't seem to change angle or move either, even tho the translation allegedly says the man filming saw it jump about, thats probably down to his hand shake! So, a drone? Over Netherlands? Seems unlikely, as does a stealth craft, but, who knows? And Blue?

I`m not sure what it is but it seems that the object do not move in any kind and that the movement impression is caused by cam

movement. I would vote for a kite. In addition, looking at this 2 guys, I would say they are very professional pranksters with an

over centuries developed experience and I would say that both of them have at least a black belt in that discipline. I know some

similar guys from the Netherlands, they are able to withstand a fit of laughter where "normal" ppl still require an emergency physician.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Rijnmond TV News in the Netherlands is reporting on an interesting UFO video captured by a man in the town of Maassluis. The object appears to be a large lens-shaped blue object and has no apparent means of propulsion.

Here's the Rijnmond TV News article translated to English. It doesn't say much.

http://translate.goo...t-text=&act=url

• Like 1

I`m not sure what it is but it seems that the object do not move in any kind and that the movement impression is caused by cam

movement. I would vote for a kite. In addition, looking at this 2 guys, I would say they are very professional pranksters with an

over centuries developed experience and I would say that both of them have at least a black belt in that discipline. I know some

similar guys from the Netherlands, they are able to withstand a fit of laughter where "normal" ppl still require an emergency physician.

you get all that from just looking at them......impressive.

• Like 1

looking at this 2 guys,

Looking at those 2 guys, my first impressions were tweedle dum and tweedle dee :lol:

But a kite is is an idea for sure, that allows for the object being stationary at least

• Like 5

Looking at those 2 guys, my first impressions were tweedle dum and tweedle dee :lol:

But a kite is is an idea for sure, that allows for the object being stationary at least

I must say, I am not sure how you guys know that it is stationary......I felt sick from motion sickness so couldnt look at it too many times lol

I must say, I am not sure how you guys know that it is stationary......I felt sick from motion sickness so couldnt look at it too many times lol

Ah but I gleaned that info from the OP link

"According to Rijnmond TV, the object hung silently in the air for a long time before disappearing in the clouds.

The object has a slightly curved bottom and a domed top. It makes no sudden movement, which could indicate an inflatable object. However, it is at an angle and is not in the shape of a blimp.

The link is now offering an update of sorts

UPDATE 4/21/2014:

Nancy Talbott of BLT Research sent me this translation of the Rijnmond TV interview. She writes:

Because the clip is in Dutch I asked Robbert van den Broeke (http://www.robbertvandenbroeke.nl/home) if he would translate what Mr. Smits was saying.

Essentially, Mr. Smits (whose brother is sitting with him during the interview) is telling a local reporter that he was in his apartment videotaping a boat in the canal below around 3pm on April 11th when he noticed something in the sky which he thought was strange—a blue object which hung motionless in the sky for about 15 minutes, and then disappeared (Mr. Smits does not say how it disappeared in the clip).

When the reporter asks Mr. Smits if he thinks the object could be a UFO, Smits replies that he “doesn’t know what the object is,” but thinks it is possible that it is a UFO: “yes, when you realize how many other planets there are in the universe, there must be life elsewhere.”

http://www.openminds.tv/blue-ufo-caught-video-netherlands/26993

• Like 1

Ah but I gleaned that info from the OP link

"According to Rijnmond TV, the object hung silently in the air for a long time before disappearing in the clouds.

The object has a slightly curved bottom and a domed top. It makes no sudden movement, which could indicate an inflatable object. However, it is at an angle and is not in the shape of a blimp.

ahh ok......I guess if we say they (they being tweedle dee and tweedle dum :) ) could be mistaken about the hovering part then a bird may be another possibility?!?!?

• Like 1

ahh ok......I guess if we say they (they being tweedle dee and tweedle dum :) ) could be mistaken about the hovering part then a bird may be another possibility?!?!?

I think with vids like this 'anything' becomes a possibility. I wonder what the local imagery analysts will make of it when they view...

The link is now offering an update of sorts

UPDATE 4/21/2014:

Nancy Talbott of BLT Research sent me this translation of the Rijnmond TV interview. She writes:

Because the clip is in Dutch I asked Robbert van den Broeke (http://www.robbertvandenbroeke.nl/home) if he would translate what Mr. Smits was saying.

Essentially, Mr. Smits (whose brother is sitting with him during the interview) is telling a local reporter that he was in his apartment videotaping a boat in the canal below around 3pm on April 11th when he noticed something in the sky which he thought was strange—a blue object which hung motionless in the sky for about 15 minutes, and then disappeared (Mr. Smits does not say how it disappeared in the clip).

When the reporter asks Mr. Smits if he thinks the object could be a UFO, Smits replies that he “doesn’t know what the object is,” but thinks it is possible that it is a UFO: “yes, when you realize how many other planets there are in the universe, there must be life elsewhere.”

http://www.openminds...therlands/26993

15 minutes? why only a minute and a half clip if he was already filming?

I think with vids like this 'anything' becomes a possibility. I wonder what the local imagery analysts will make of it when they view...

I am sure Chrlzs or Jesse will be along soon.

until then I say ET. :whistle:

• Like 2

There here.

Coming to take all the skeptics away with them.

They're here even

So then maestro...whats your opinion of what was filmed?

Edited by seeder

No idea what it is but a couple of thoughts on the video.

First of all, the strange coloured interference pattern when zoomed makes it look we're looking at video footage of something being displayed on a TV or computer display. I've seen this before where photos or video of UFOs end up where you can see the pattern of the underlying RGB subpixel pattern on the display. Possibly just laziness on behalf of the TV company who just sent an interviewer and cameraman to the guys house and they recorded it off his computer instead of taking the actual footage file and editing it into the news segment. Not that it would make much difference, I doubt the original footage would offer any more detail on the object. edit: You can see at about 0:25 that the timestamp gets larger and moves off frame showing that that's exactly what happened. It's video footage of video footage, but I don't think it makes much of a difference either way.

Secondly, the jumpiness is clearly created by the fact that he's zoomed way way in on the object and you get the same jumpiness as you do when looking at something through a pair of hand held high magnification binoculars. The translation offered by the YouTube commentator (I can't speak to how reliable it is) says that he says the object jumped up, down left and right. If he's talking about the jumping around jerky motion we see on the video then he's not talking about actual movements of the UFO, but the movement of his own hands exaggerated by being zoomed in so much.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

Cheers for the input Jessie :tu: