Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man becomes maths genius after head injury

UM-Bot

Jason Padgett became a mathematical genius overnight after an attacker punched him in the head.

The 31-year-old father-of-one was a college dropout who had never had any interest in academic pursuits. Instead he spent most of his spare time drinking and participating in adrenaline fueled activities such as cliff-jumping and sky-diving.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ter-head-injury

Could you do me a favor and kick me in the back of the head and knock me out :tu: it might take a few times

• Like 1

During one of his meditations he came to the conclusion that circles don’t exist.

Bloody Genius !:clap:!

Edited by taniwha

The brain is an amazing creation.

• Like 1

The brain is an amazing creation.

True

I've always believed in our untapped potential. My dreams can be so creative like an amazing movie with awe inspiring lines. My creativity while I am awake is just a tiny fragment compared to the creativity in my dreams.

What would be interesting is a CT scan prior to the attack to see if there is any difference. Maybe te attack removed some slight pressure to allow his brain to work the way it should all along.

There many things barried in this brain of ours. Increadible things. One day we may unlock all of it. What a time that would be to live in.

• Like 1

I found that regularly drinking plenty of beer, helps get rid of the curse of knowing maths and long words and stuff.

Poor bloke. This sounds like more of a curse than a blessing. What he can do is very cool but it sounds like it came at quite a price.

Interesting. One article described it as a form of synesthesia, which makes some sense. Identifying him as a "mathematical genius" is something that I'd hold off on until I saw him produce some actual theory (with handwritten proofs... not pictures.) I am still a bit wary of "E=MC2 as fractal."

I found that regularly drinking plenty of beer, helps get rid of the curse of knowing maths and long words and stuff.

Lucky you. It does the exact opposite for me. I may not remember all of it the next day, but at the time I'm drinking, I'm great!

It also puts you sometimes in bars where you get punched in the back of the head. Most of the time you wake up dumber. This guy won the lottery.

Jason Padgett became a mathematical genius overnight after an attacker punched him in the head.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ter-head-injury

Another savant.

@Drinking topic - I know people who play chess like geniuses only when they're drunk enough. I wouldn't be surprised to know that the "drunken fist" or whatever the name is really requires you to be drunk and fight.

Edited by Nenaraz

Another savant.

@Drinking topic - I know people who play chess like geniuses only when they're drunk enough. I wouldn't be surprised to know that the "drunken fist" or whatever the name is really requires you to be drunk and fight.

Drunken Fist is not really about drinking. It's about 2 things: Deception and contingency. If you practice a Drunken Fist form and a kick fails you, you can stumble out effectively, fall and recover, you can even loose your fingers in battle and still have affective striking surfaces.

When I used to drink, there was what I called the sage stage. For a brief time I was flooded with creativity and charm.... Then shortly after my Native American wildness took over. Native Americans and alcohol do not mix well.

It's also a depressant. For people with ADHD, it slows their system down when they are in hangover and makes them think its helping. It does but in reality it's short lived and very dsmaging. With constant use your endorphins receptors decrease and it gets harder and harder to come out of the depressing effects.

Edited by White Crane Feather

If this is true then all we have to do is go around NYC schools and beat in the heads of some children. At least them they may be able to read "See spot Run" without a tutor....

Edited by Azznerak the Black

• 3 weeks later...

I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG! All these years I have been banging my head against my desk while trying to figure out math problems! When really I just need to get punched in the head.

Did this p0st tells me that the man tap an0ther 0.01% of his brain capacity?? Aw. Ok bye

• 1 month later...

A wise man once said; there is nothing to learn in this world. All is just remembering who you really are.