Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

Ghostdancer

With the passing of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter the issue goes on as to his guilt or innocence. I'm not sure which one to believe, as this is one of those where people put up a case for either.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghostdancer

• Camarel

• MissJatti

• Border Collie

Innocent or not, RIP Rubin Carter...1937-2014

• Like 1

Great track, though. Bob Dylan did you proud Rubin.

It's a difficult one. I personally believe that racism played a part in his conviction, but whether it did or didn't, i think that a guilty man may have spent his last years out of the cell he belonged in. I'm certainly not well versed in this case so anyone who believes he's innocent, please inform me?

One thing that personally unnerves me is the influence Bob Dylans song had on his release, i know it didn't directly connect to the case but it certainly contributed to the doubt in the case, if he was innocent then great, but if he was guilty (i've been convinced of neither) then a killer was allowed to live out his days. The other case that is unsettling to me is the WM3 case, Johnny Depps endorsmeant meant the world to that case. I have ye to be convince of their innocence (or guilt) but regardless Depps involvement has made the possibliity of their guilt irrelevant imo.