Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palcohol: Powdered alcohol, just add water!

seeder

Is this really a good idea? I s'pose from one angle, if you liked a rum and coke, you just add it to the coke!

US approves 'Palcohol' - powdered alcohol is on the way!

A new brand of powdered alcohol - designed to be mixed into a drink or sprinkled over food - has been signed off by the US government and will be available in autumn of this year.

American drinkers could find themselves sprinkling their favourite beverage rather than pouring it, as powdered alcohol brand 'Palcohol' is now fully approved by the US government.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau this week signed off on seven versions of Palcohol, including Margarita and Cosmopolitan flavours, which will be made available in autumn of this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10776056/US-approves-Palcohol-powdered-alcohol-is-on-the-way.html

... sprinkled over food???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

yes, it turns coco pops into alco pops! :lol:

• Like 3

damn, why dont i just put powder cocaine in my coke, 10 times better, 10 times the buzz

Sounds friggin disgusting. I like to drink expensive aged whiskey, no way I will ever try this.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm a traditionalist but I don't like this idea. I'm not even comfortable with alcohol in plastic bottles. Anything less than a glass container and I feel like trailer trash when I drink it... :lol:

• Like 1

I don't see why we need it. I can't imagine them ever using it in pubs when you have the option of proper drinks. Their example is for concerts and I can imagine in the middle of nowhere it might become popular depending on weight and cost.

-EDIT-

The official website:- http://www.palcohol.com/home.html

Looks suspiciously like a scam/hoax to me.

Edited by bulveye

Spirit kits are already available, and have been for some time.... like home brew kits for beer...and vodka..rum, whisky

http://www.the-home-...ml#.U1WW_qL4Jeo

http://www.the-home-...pirit_Kits.html

Edited by seeder

Sounds friggin disgusting. I like to drink expensive aged whiskey, no way I will ever try this.

Oh crap, now I have to ask :-) my personal favorites are the Islay whiskeys, like Oban, lagavulin And Laphroiagh. A glemkinchie before dinner, nice and light..

Cheers,

Badeskov

Whut!? .. people will put it in a beer and invent 8000proof beer! It sounds very DANGEROUS .

• Like 1

Whut!? .. people will put it in a beer and invent 8000proof beer! It sounds very DANGEROUS .

I'm sure the dosages aren't that high. It would take a lot of powder to do it and they probably only sell it in certain amounts at a time.

Speaking as an alcoholic in recovery I can tell you it opens up some opportunities for serious harm to be done by unscrupulous people. In public situations I always opt for a canned soft drink UNOPENED. If someone brings me a glass of anything I take it politely then sit it down and move on. I don't trust my sobriety to anyone else who might just think it'd be funny to see someone slip off the wagon. It's NOT funny - it's potentially deadly. This stuff could make that even easier to accomplish. NTM kids being able to spike each other's ANYTHING...
  • Like 2

I'm sure the dosages aren't that high. It would take a lot of powder to do it and they probably only sell it in certain amounts at a time.

Maybe your right... i just fear that some people will find a way around a "legal" amount. It sounds like it would be too easy to overdose

with the 'powder'. i dunno how potent this powder is. It seems like a really dangerous and stupid thing to put out on the market.

• Like 1

Maybe your right... i just fear that some people will find a way around a "legal" amount. It sounds like it would be too easy to overdose

with the 'powder'. i dunno how potent this powder is. It seems like a really dangerous and stupid thing to put out on the market.

And not forgetting at the bottom of the article it says

"He points out that powdered alcohol is not a new concept, with similar products already sold in countries like Japan and Germany. Alcohol as a powder has even been sold in the US and has been the subject of several US patents".

Well that may be so, but first time Ive heard of it thats for sure

Now I can finally snort my rum. :P

• Like 1