Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prometheus 2

SecretAgentMathew

"Prometheus 2 - Because the first one didn't suck enough."

One of the best sci fi movies I've seen in a long time. I don't know what you're smoking

• Like 4

One of the best sci fi movies I've seen in a long time. I don't know what you're smoking

Prometheus is a cartoon compared to "Gravity".
  • Like 1

I don't get al the hate towards Prometheus. Extremely well done sci-fi. I guess it's just trendy to hate things these days...

• Like 2

I don't get al the hate towards Prometheus. Extremely well done sci-fi. I guess it's just trendy to hate things these days...

Agreed I think it's just a mainstream thing to hate everything and ''fit in'' ...

I didn't care for Prometheus all that much because it was more of the horror movie genre. I don't like horror movies all that much...I don't even like zombie movies. But, if one is into that type of movie it was fairly well executed.

• Like 2

I didn't care for Prometheus all that much because it was more of the horror movie genre. I don't like horror movies all that much...I don't even like zombie movies. But, if one is into that type of movie it was fairly well executed.

I just want to know more about the large engineer dudes, I didn't really care for the horror aspect. I found myself so intrigued with the story, but yeah I think they are leading up to a remake of Alien.

So you didn't like 28 days later or Dawn of the dead?

I do like science fiction movies just not that genre.

Here are some (in no particular order) that I really like:

Blade Runner

2001 Space Odyssey

Close Encounters

Star Wars

The Matrix

• Like 2

I do like science fiction movies just not that genre.

Here are some (in no particular order) that I really like:

Blade Runner

2001 Space Odyssey

Close Encounters

Star Wars

The Matrix

Star wars is good, The Matrix was also good.

I really like K-Pax and The Sphere although most people will call them movies cheesy lol

I thought Prometheus was fantastic. It's the best science fiction movie I've seen in at least a decade. I'm glad they are making a sequel, but at the same time it would have been just as good if it was a standalone. I rather liked the mystery of the ending..you could draw your own conclusions, which was actually cool imo.

• Like 1

I hate it because it wasn't any good. The plot became nonsensical half way through. This was supposed to be a prequel to alien. This should have been amazing. It was not.

• Like 1

You must not have seen any other sci fi movies in a long time.

The idea behind the movie is very sexy but I do agree that the execution was a little off. Too much of the "Hollywood formula" injected in there.

Prometheus is cinematic divinity compared to After Earth.

Even if Prometheus had 15 sequels that made no sense what so ever nor even carried on with the original concept....

...would still be a googol better than After Earth.

Say no to After Earth. Trust me, it's better in the before Earth, never ever after.

Edited to add: the word is

Edited by Asadora
  • Like 1

NOt even the Ms Theron gratuitous sex scenes helped any ~ aye ... it was just an inane CGI visual fest farce ~

While it certainly had problems, in fact the problems outweighed the good points, those good points were good enough to save the movie to a degree.

- Cinematography. This is a very good looking movie, those shots of just primordial landscapes (particularly the actual shots of Iceland at the beginning) are flat out gorgeous!

- While the plot certainly went to hell in the second half, I think one, maybe two, more rewrites could have ironed it out. I certainly think that studio pressure (as well as the inevitable wrath of Alien fans) forced Scott to compromise on his idea, which from all accounts was simply another story set in the Alien universe. Had they had the time to let the world breath, I think this could have been clearer. I didn't go in expecting to see any xenomorphes, or the Nostromo, and thus was able to sit back and enjoy the world a bit more.

- Everybody who has read anything on the film knows about the "stupid scientist doing stupid things" bit, and I wholeheartedly agree (snake fetish anyone?). With that, a few performances I liked: Idris Elba's captain, while certainly predictable, I found extremely likable and somebody I'd liked to see in more films (that and I just like Idris Elba period). Noomi Rapace certainly stood out even with her "stupid scientist" moments, and certainly held her own against the cosmic terrors of this fictional universe. And holy crap Micheal Fassbender as David, my god I loved this guy. I can't quite type it all out, but my lord I loved that performance, made the first five minutes or so that he's alone on the ship some of the best in my opinion.

So with that, do I think its a good movie? Not necessarily, but I do think it gets a bit more hate than it deserves, and I think it really does need a sequel in order to establish its place in the Alien Universe, and get people to think of it as its own story, rather than an Alien prequel it was never really meant to be.

NOt even the Ms Theron gratuitous sex scenes helped any ~ aye ... it was just an inane CGI visual fest farce ~

Which cut did you see? I don't think America got the sex scenes.

Edit: Sorry for the full review everybody. I just love movies.... ALOT!

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 3

~snip

Which cut did you see? I don't think America got the sex scenes.

Edit: Sorry for the full review everybody. I just love movies.... ALOT!

Not sure ... I watched it on DvD at a friend's place ... and it was very brief ~ was not paying attention really ~ with the Captain / Pilot ?

~ Good review :tu:

~

Not sure ... I watched it on DvD at a friend's place ... and it was very brief ~ was not paying attention really ~ with the Captain / Pilot ?

~ Good review :tu:

~

Yeah in the American cut (I'll just assume there are different cuts) it's definitely implied that they get it on. The exact exchange it I remember correctly:

Elba: "Are you a robot?"

Theron: "... My room, ten minutes."

And then some horrible things happen to some stupid people.

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 1

2001,even after 46 years, still sets the bar for all other Sci Fi films.

With Prometheus, especially being advertised as an Alien prequel, I went in with a certain hesitation. Visually and technically I was definitely entertained, but the characters and story line seemed a little soft. Mans quest for knowledge and desire for immortality have been done with much greater results in a lot of other films. Regardless, I enjoyed it and look forward to its sequel.

Wish I had one of those mapping spheres, definitely cool

I liked Prometheus a lot, I wouldn't call it horror, but maybe suspense or thriller sci fi. Best combo IMO.

2001,even after 46 years, still sets the bar for all other Sci Fi films.

With Prometheus, especially being advertised as an Alien prequel, I went in with a certain hesitation. Visually and technically I was definitely entertained, but the characters and story line seemed a little soft. Mans quest for knowledge and desire for immortality have been done with much greater results in a lot of other films. Regardless, I enjoyed it and look forward to its sequel.

Wish I had one of those mapping spheres, definitely cool

I've tried watching Space odyssey 2001 a couple times but it's just way too slow of a movie, so painfully boring of an intro. I'm sure it's good and all but I can't even force myself to sit through it.