Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Caught in Victorian clothing

Brian Topp

A couple claims they discovered images of a ghostly Victorian girl when flicking back through family photos taken during a trip to the museum.

John Burnside and Shona Backhouse, from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, say they had a 'funny feeling' when they visited the Castle Museum in York two years earlier with their son Johnthomas, then 18 months.

Read and see the photo http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

I know it may seem uncharitable, but I'm going to say "photoshop job." The girl in the portrait really can't be said to be wearing Victorian clothing (you can't actually see her clothes) but the hairstyle and the fixed stare are very typical of portraits of that era.

• Like 1

I know it may seem uncharitable, but I'm going to say "photoshop job." The girl in the portrait really can't be said to be wearing Victorian clothing (you can't actually see her clothes) but the hairstyle and the fixed stare are very typical of portraits of that era.

You are on the right path but it isn't photo shop, it something much easier.

• Like 1

Where are the real ghost photos? Guess i have to get busy and take one myself. :st

• Like 2

The ghost girl seen with Shona Backhouse in the first photo is dressed in something that girls wore in the 17th Century.

The ghost girl in the second photo is from another era and she's got bright eyes, typical of phantoms. It's not the same girl in the other picture.

The ghost girl seen with Shona Backhouse in the first photo is dressed in something that girls wore in the 17th Century.

The ghost girl in the second photo is from another era and she's got bright eyes, typical of phantoms. It's not the same girl in the other picture.

Actually if you look closely you can see it is the same girl in each picture in the same pose. The same hair parting in the middle of the hair, the same dark band on the left arm below the shoulder, the same pose in each pic, etc.

The Internet is full of cheap hoaxes like this where people take a boring photo on their iPhone, use an app to add a ghost where you pick the ghost you want, place it and size it and it adds it in, they then phone their local newspaper who are probably all too happy to fill column inches and add fluff stories to their webpage who suck it up and publish it.

Don't fall for goofy nonsense like this.

• Like 1

Actually if you look closely you can see it is the same girl in each picture in the same pose. The same hair parting in the middle of the hair, the same dark band on the left arm below the shoulder, the same pose in each pic, etc.

The Internet is full of cheap hoaxes like this where people take a boring photo on their iPhone, use an app to add a ghost where you pick the ghost you want, place it and size it and it adds it in, they then phone their local newspaper who are probably all too happy to fill column inches and add fluff stories to their webpage who suck it up and publish it.

Don't fall for goofy nonsense like this.

Going from top right picture downwards, the seventh on down.

iytl.png

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

iytl.png

Excellent. Are you collecting screens from ghost apps?
  • Like 1

Excellent. Are you collecting screens from ghost apps?

Yes, I have been collecting and cataloging them for sometime now, I post it on my UM blog and keep a back up in case... something happen to them.

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=3451

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

Yes, I have been collecting and cataloging them for sometime now, I post it on my UM blog and keep a back up in case... something happen to them.

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=3451

Great. A nice source for when the next Daily Mail articles inevitably get posted here.
  • Like 2

This is just... sad.... :no:

Couldn't agree more.

What's more stupid?

These ghost apps or the people using them?

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more.

What's more stupid?

These ghost apps or the people using them?

Neither... it's the newspapers that pick up and put out the story.

• Like 1

I want an app of a ghostly watermelon. Just for kicks.

• Like 2

Neither... it's the newspapers that pick up and put out the story.

i think all three are vying for the title.

iytl.png

i think there should be a pinned/sticky thread containing all of your ghost app pictures.

• Like 2

i think all three are vying for the title.

nah, I don't think people are too stupid for creating or using a ghost app- they are supposed to be fun, entertaining. There's tons of apps out there I think are stupid and a lot of people don't, like angry birds.

That's why I think the newspapers are really the stupid ones for being willing to accept such games in the first place, let alone put them up for public consumption.

nah, I don't think people are too stupid for creating or using a ghost app- they are supposed to be fun, entertaining. There's tons of apps out there I think are stupid and a lot of people don't, like angry birds.

That's why I think the newspapers are really the stupid ones for being willing to accept such games in the first place, let alone put them up for public consumption.

How is it that these people install these apps and then are astounded by the photographs they take?

It's like buying a washing machine then running to the neighbors house in awe that the underwear is clean.

Or maybe they're desperately shallow and crave the attention that anyone will give them.

In this case, a news outlet that is desperate for news.

• Like 2

How is it that these people install these apps and then are astounded by the photographs they take?

It's like buying a washing machine then running to the neighbors house in awe that the underwear is clean.

Or maybe they're desperately shallow and crave the attention that anyone will give them.

In this case, a news outlet that is desperate for news.

You ever read the comments on those sites? They are the adult version of Creepypasta's website.

"Daily Mail"

The eyes of the little girl ghost look at the family in the photograghs. Her eyes change although she is in the same position. She looks very sad.I'm sure she could be contacted by the right people. Mark my words, THERE ARE GHOSTS......

Site:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2610128/Family-posing-pictures-museum-shocked-discover-ghostly-image-girl-Victorian-clothing-followed-around.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Creepy Pasta

gammercall123

November 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM

that was crazy im scared of his face now jeeze your discriptive.i was lost in his pic of his face i just stared at it frozen untill my friend changed the page.

Site:http://www.creepypasta.com/jeff-the-killer/

So it's not about ghosts, it's about being getting goose bumps and entertaining people.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

I would imagine that real ghosts (if there is such a thing) would have no clothes on, as when you go, your clothes don't go with you. My idea of a ghost is an invisible presence which your senses may pick up with an uncomfortable feeling that "something" is near you making you go goose pimply and the hair on your arms or neck stand up and the area around you goes cold....Have you ever had the feeling that you are being watched ,but no one is there ?.

I would imagine that real ghosts (if there is such a thing) would have no clothes on, as when you go, your clothes don't go with you.

If a ghost is a soul or spirit or some sort of residual energy imprinting of someone who passed away, why would it lose the clothes but regain the shape or image of the body? If your physical body can go with you to form the shape and look of a ghost, why can't the clothes and personal belongings at the time also go with you to the other side?

Would it maintain the shape and look of the body exactly at the moment it died or resort to a previous look that the person had in life?

Hair is technically dead so would a ghost be both bald AND naked?

Does any of this make sense at all? [the answer is no]

• Like 1