Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US and Russian military dolphins to face off?

UM-Bot

Specially trained dolphins could soon clash in an underwater sea battle according to recent reports.

Both the US and Ukraine are known to have trained military dolphins for years and while the specifics of these programs have been kept under wraps it is thought that the animals may be used for such purposes as sonar jamming, enemy locating, setting mines and even the destruction of submarines using explosives and kamikaze tactics.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ins-to-face-off

What are they going to do? Convince our dolphins that the Russian's are acutally sharks?

yeah, thats right, get the animals to do the dirty work...

what does animal rights + WWF has to say about this

Really makes you wonder what exactly is the porpoise of war.

• Like 5

Was this not an April fool a few years ago?

Im positive this dolphins being used as weapons was debunked ages ago as being nonsense

They do tricks for sardines granted! And as far as marine life go they are up there with the smartest! but expecting them to follow complex commands to spy on and destroy enemy vessels is totally unbelievable!

• Like 1

This stuff really makes me mad. They have no right to enslave a sentient being for their evil purpose.

This stuff really makes me mad. They have no right to enslave a sentient being for their evil purpose.

Like cows, horses, chickens, cats, dogs, goats, hampsters and such.

• Like 2

this is DISGUSTING! I am going to pray that these dolphins turn around and run the other way from both the US and Russia and live their lives free. Barbaric!

Yeah this is messed up

but a part of me also thinks this is really awesome :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

Yeah this is messed up

but a part of me also thinks this is really awesome :innocent:

I feel the same way. Pretty cool in a way. The kamikaze tactics doesn't sit well with me, but the snooping seems to make sense.

This is not the way it should be.If man wants to really go the wrong way,this is how you do it.No one should use these creatures for war.I do hope they communicate with each other and turn on the handlers.

Military and police forces use dogs everyday. Utilizing dolphins is really no different. And, really, would you rather it be your son or a dolphin?

• Like 2

This is just what we know about, imagine what else our wonderful government is using as a weapon.

Didn't we just grant dolphins and whales with the title of intelligent species, how are these two countries forcing animals against their will for violence purposes?

TBH it's near time to just call it a day all together. Hippocracy is of a lunatic variety in the modern world and we the people have next to no chance of being able to reclaim our lives at this rate.

• Like 1

Military and police forces use dogs everyday. Utilizing dolphins is really no different. And, really, would you rather it be your son or a dolphin?

I don't think they should use dogs, either. (or people) A human has a choice, at least in the US they do. If my son joins the military, then it is the risk he takes and knows what he is doing. A dolphin does not have the option to say yes or no. They don't speak human. A dolphin recognizes itself in a mirror, which makes it self aware just like we are.

http://youtu.be/bLZ_Zy1VhMI

I don't think they should use dogs, either. (or people) A human has a choice, at least in the US they do. If my son joins the military, then it is the risk he takes and knows what he is doing. A dolphin does not have the option to say yes or no. They don't speak human. A dolphin recognizes itself in a mirror, which makes it self aware just like we are.

[media=]

[/media]

Do you feel the same way about people owning horses or seeing eye dogs for the blind?

No, but they are not going into battle. I have a service dog. Dogs and horses are adapted to work with us, but we must respect that it not their choice and treat them with fairness as a partner not a slave. My dog is my helper and my savior. I give her all the quality of life I can afford. Living things should not go to war. If the corporate and religious criminals want to have a war they can use robots. Cost the fat cats to much money to have a robot war, living things are cheap, then maybe we can just stop having wars and spend the world's money on something really useful, like space. Remember there is a rock out there with earth written all over it. We need to focus on that instead of who has the coolest bomb or the right spaghetti monster.

Do you feel the same way about people owning horses or seeing eye dogs for the blind?

It is an offence in most countries to harm an animal with a weapon of any sort let alone a gun, eutheneasia of the rural people is still to use force or a weapon this action is seen as compation not cruel, harm and/or vicious to do so this is the only exception to said law/s.

Most countries also have systems and licensing for hunting of wild animals. To which dolphins are not permitted to be hunted (nor caused harm) in most ocean space.

The system is floored as they would have no knowledge on the effects of wild colonies of animals if taken in mass numbers to be stored in private secretly untill war occurs.

That's just being rational, let alone the 10 minutes it could have taken to think about your post before going in arms swinging blabbering like a redneck.

Lastly just incase your up for some sattire.

If you are riding your horse being lead by a service dog and you get in the line of fire... it's most likely time to stop scoring your crack from the ghetto.

• Like 1

Wait this whole military dolphins thing is actually real? I read an article about it years back and brushed it off but the articles are back apparently. Anyone got any other links or is this bs?

It is an offence in most countries to harm an animal with a weapon of any sort let alone a gun, eutheneasia of the rural people is still to use force or a weapon this action is seen as compation not cruel, harm and/or vicious to do so this is the only exception to said law/s.

Most countries also have systems and licensing for hunting of wild animals. To which dolphins are not permitted to be hunted (nor caused harm) in most ocean space.

The system is floored as they would have no knowledge on the effects of wild colonies of animals if taken in mass numbers to be stored in private secretly untill war occurs.

That's just being rational, let alone the 10 minutes it could have taken to think about your post before going in arms swinging blabbering like a redneck.

Lastly just incase your up for some sattire.

If you are riding your horse being lead by a service dog and you get in the line of fire... it's most likely time to stop scoring your crack from the ghetto.

Arms swinging and blabbering like a redneck? I think it is you who is the blabbering fool here. I only asked a question so I could gauge where a person stood. Get a grip will you.

My question was prompted by the statement "a human has a choice". It is a valid question to respond the way I did. Very few animals that humans use have a choice.

I don't think the Navy should use dolphins, they should develop more into drones instead of putting intelligent life in harms way. Teaching dolphins to use tools that are deadly or dangerous, we are setting these species of marine life down an dangerous warlike path. No doubt they can comprehend what is being done, maybe even improve and adapt on techniques develop by the military. Evolution would be jump started for these species, because scientists state they are on par with human intelligence.