Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The spookiest thing in your life

hell_cursor

It was dark, and then...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It works better if you read it out loud.

Edited by theotherguy
  • Like 4

"It was a cold, dark night...." Snoopy.

• Like 1

Maybe we should make one up, we'd probably be able to make up a good one if everyone added a sentence or two to what was previously said.

"It was a cold, dark night...." , a night of no moon. Frogs silent in their burrows and no crickets to be heard. The lake, an errie mirror before me.

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 1

Sam, my golden retriever, was lying in the reeds. I held my flashlight on him. His chest moved, but his breathing was shallow and his eyes were glassy. Sam didn't react to my touch.

The spookiest thing in my life?

The left over bits i call a paycheck once the state and the regime are done taking their cut.

Now that's freekin' scary!

• Like 4

Want another?

No?

Too bad.

White hairs.

These little scary bits are showing more and more in my facial hair every time i let the beard grow in a little.

Reality can be far more scary than the paranormal sometimes.

• Like 2

"It was a cold, dark night...." , a night of no moon. Frogs silent in their burrows and no crickets to be heard. The lake, an errie mirror before me. Sam, my golden retriever, was lying in the reeds. I held my flashlight on him. His chest moved, but his breathing was shallow and his eyes were glassy. Sam didn't react to my touch."

I looked around, not knowing what to do, only turning when Sam made a noise like a strangled moan. He twitched and then went completely still. I stared at my dog, willing his chest to raise once more, despair and dread coming over me Dead. Why? What is out there? I wondered, shivering as I looked out into the night.

• Like 1

Who knows scary stories?

Met someone who thought 'your' has the same meaning of 'you're'. Terrifying -

Oh wait, that may not be scary enough.

I'm sure Google will gladly lend a hand :rolleyes:

I'm sure many of you seen these floating around the net.

"You get home, tired after a long day's work and ready for a relaxing night alone. You reach for the light switch, but another hand it already there."

"I just saw my reflection blink."

"You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen. As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying "Don't go down there honey, I heard it too.' "

"The doctors told the amputee he might experience phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand."

"She asked why I was breathing so heavy. I wasn't."

"The heart attack came and went, knocking Mike into unconsciousness, and as he awoke he could hear the graveside service around him. Somehow the casket was translucent to him and he recognized some of his friends, but his body would not movie and he realized with terror what death really was."

I began tucking him into bed and he tells me, 'Daddy check for monsters under my bed.' I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, 'Daddy there's somebody on my bed.' "

"My daughter won't stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her and ask her to stop, but it doesn't help."

"When I finally grabbed her in the darkness, I swam back to the surface. It never occurred to me how fast the ice could freeze over."

"After working a hard day I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn't know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there."

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

• Like 2

Welcome to the club, lamme8510! I actually haven't seen any of those before, except the last one. Thanks!

Yesterday at 5:25 am my bedroom television set activated itself. The remote control was on the bedside drawers and nothing was touching it so how the TV turned on is a mystery…I remember the previous night when I turned off the TV, I had been watching the channel 8 (aka WIN) movie called Contagion and yet when the TV turned itself on the following morning it was showing channel 7’s Sunrise Extra with David Koch…Now that was Spooky!

Talking about heart stoppers though! I recall an incident during my teen years when one starry night I decided to lean out of my 2-story bedroom window and take in the view of the stars when a fairly large white shape swooshed past my head…For a split second I was fairly spooked until I realised that I had just had a close encounter with a swan.

• Like 1

The day I realized that I'm a father of 3 teenage daughters!!!!! Oh dear God help me.

As for spooky stuff. I call that normal.

• Like 3

Seriosly the spookiest thing I've experienced was feeling my bed shaking one morning and no one was there. I went into panic.

• Like 1

I'm going to start a new thread under Fun and Games with the beginning of this scary story. Let's see if more people jump on.

The day I realized that I'm a father of 3 teenage daughters!!!!! Oh dear God help me.

Same here, thought I'd never get them married off and out! :tu:

• Like 3

Not quite at the point yet. I just want them off to college. My wife and I want to know what life is like with an empty nest.

About two days ago my youngest two and myself saw something very strange happening in the sky. Could have been a ufo. It was 4 lights that went in a circular motion(counter clockwise white lights), came together, and did the circular motion again. This repeated for about 30 minutes and then it dropped down to three, then two and then it was gone. As each light disappeared we saw it head in a different direction. Each of the lights was aimed away from the center (it was cloudy so I could see the lights direction). As we moved toward it, it moved away. After it left. About 10ish minutes later we saw multi-colored orbs in the sky, 4 of them to be exact. It was freaking weird. Stupid me didn't get my phone.

Edited by XenoFish

• 2 weeks later...

The spookiest things that happened to me was having my kitchen chair move with no one there and hearing voices on my video recorder when I was the only one in the house and seeing a dark figure walk into my livingroom.

Oh buddy!

Are you ever gonna' have your hands full.

Horney teenage boys are like cats.

Keep a spray bottle handy.

Oh the memories. :)

• Like 1

The spookiest things that happened to me was having my kitchen chair move with no one there and hearing voices on my video recorder when I was the only one in the house and seeing a dark figure walk into my livingroom.

Really? How's about an upload for your UM pals?

• Like 1

Really? How's about an upload for your UM pals?

I uploaded the voices here under EVP, because I don't know what it is saying. Here it is. It sounds much clearer on my computer for some reason.

voice3.wav