Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cop shoots dog

OverSword

I hope one day laws will be put into place, that protect our family pets. Laws that would convict people for things like this.

Makes me sick.

That militia crowd should go there, i would support that.

• Like 2

The message here is to never call the cops for anything or else your pets get killed, your kids and/or spouse gets tased and/or shot and then they beat you to a pulp and arrest you for objecting.

Best to hire a private investigator

• Like 3

Unfortunately this is something that happens way to often.

Edited by Razer
  • Like 1

.... Speechless, seem like officers these days are just trigger happy. Nobody has any sense these days.

"Oh i was p***ing my pants, when a Dog, a territorial animal is barking at me"

• Like 1

I would venture to guess 99% of police are people like you and me, and would not do this.....

• Like 3

wow.. and then he just leaves. He should have had more sense.

I was so upset. I went over there to her and she was still alive and I begged and pleaded with him to please shoot her again because I don’t have any firearms. They got stolen. He went and got in his vehicle and backed out of my driveway.

And then I had to do the unthinkable, the otherwise unthinkable. I had to kill my dog with my bare hands and put her out of her suffering, praying for this to be over with.

I would venture to guess 99% of police are people like you and me, and would not do this.....

As you said, the laws need to be put in place to handle such cases when bad cops DO act stupid and thoughtless. I pray something like this never happens to me. I'm just not sure how I'd respond.
  • Like 1

As you said, the laws need to be put in place to handle such cases when bad cops DO act stupid and thoughtless. I pray something like this never happens to me. I'm just not sure how I'd respond.

I mean laws to protect dogs, our pets, our family members...Not just against cops, but against bad owners also.

They need to be treated not like a object. But, like a human.

• Like 1

I do agree that there need to be laws to protect animals, like against cruelty to animals, but treating them like a human being goes too far.

Edit: What I mean is, you could charge this cop with something like "unlawfzúl killing of an animal (pet)", but charging him with murder or manslaughter for a dog, cat or horse? Yes, we do project lots of emotions into our pets. We love them, and might treat them as one of our own, but they are not.

Treating them like a human being would also create lots of other problems: Would breeding be ok? How about locking them away? What if they have a disease, could we put them down?

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 3

being a there is nothing else that can be legally done about it sue the police dept. 200million is a good price

• Like 1

So if I shoot a police dog barking and running at me, is that a bad thing?

Well thats the catch. A normal dog is a dog, A police Dog, is classified as an Officer (well is in my country)

'To serve and protect'

~

This is becoming an all too common occurrence and is very unfortunate. But this is just what happens when you have a militarized police force; so many of them are exhibiting this Gung Ho shoot first and ask questions later mentality and they are treating citizens like you and I as suspects and potential threats. Their usual explanation for such atrocities are: "officer safety"....two words that essentially put them above the law. I think people need to start waking up and realizing that the old order of "to serve and protect" is dead and that we now live in an Orwellian Police State in which 'enforcing the law' is just that, 'enforcing the law.' Simply put, they are not concerned with mundanes such as you and I, only 'upholding the law' which they themselves are no longer bound to.

I would highly suggest that the people of this forum start to read the online articles of people like William Norman Grigg (Pro Libertate) and Alex Jones (Infowars) among others.

I know I for one would never want to call the Police for anything. I'd fear that they would escalate the situation and endanger the safety of my family and my pets. It reminds me of the old Public Enemy song 911's a Joke. Lol, prophetic if you ask me.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

Well thats the catch. A normal dog is a dog, A police Dog, is classified as an Officer (well is in my country)

Same in the USA....

On another note, when it comes to these stories. There are 3 sides to a story.

1. his

2. hers

3. the truth

Cops obviously don't have enough training to understand that dogs react to strangers in a protective manner and they should expect that to happen every time they visit a location with a dog in it. Nearly all dogs who are pets are all bark and no bite. This is not an undue risk. I'll take the probability of a Type 1 error of the cop getting a minor flesh wound on his arm over the Type 2 dead dog any day. Dogs are so prevalent in our society this knowledge is nearly as important as how police interact with people. There have got to be standards for when and how police draw their guns on dogs and use them, and those standards are resulting in a lot of dead dogs in this country of late.

For a 2nd exhibit, here's a case where a cop is actually attacked by a puppy boss:

[media=]

[/media]

What should be his fate? Kill him too?

Its hard to say but i think i would kill anyone who would shoot my dog. Sometimes i wonder how do some people get jobs in police force? Cowards and brainless idiots, today it was a dog, some other day that could be someone's kid.

• Like 3

I hope one day laws will be put into place, that protect our family pets. Laws that would convict people for things like this.

Makes me sick.

That militia crowd should go there, i would support that.

The laws and procedures are already in place. It's just that the authorities do not obey those laws.

• Like 2

When I was a kid I've had the cops use mace on my dogs before when they showed up. Shockingly, it's as effective, if not more, than when used on humans and they weren't killed!

Fear...cowards...

So a dog might bite you. I have been bitten before and it is painful and can be unpleasant...but it is not going to "kill" you...

This "he acted out of fear for his life" is a stupid and p*ssified response...now if it was a Rott or a German police or maybe a Mastiff or a really big-big dog...I could "almost" understand...but the truth is...many times these dogs that get shot are not capable of mortally wounding anyone...and to kill them "because of fear" just tells me the coward/wimp with the gun needs to find a new job.

What? dogs can be very much deadly. Especially when they are trained to be. Do you know how a dog will behave when you have no knowledge about them whatsoever? And animals can snap as well. Also, this does look like a fairly big dog.

This does not mean I find alright to shoot a dog for barking, if that is really what happened.

I have a Shitzu (Buster) and a heinz 57 (Gatsby...he kinda looks like part irish setter and part terrier...weird)....neither of these dogs could "mortally wound" anyone...but they bark and bark and bark...Gatsby might bite someone cause he is kinda retarded...but both of them are actually small dogs and no one's life is in danger...they are just annoying.

I get very-very upset when I hear these stories of cops killing dogs and cats...(yes I heard a story the other day about a cop killing somone's cat but can't validate it).

My dogs are "watch dogs"...not guard dogs. They let me know when someone pulls in the driveway...they bark and bark and bark...they are my buddies and I would be highly p!ssed off if anyone ever hurt them.

• Like 1