Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

UM-Bot

A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.

The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-over-caloundra

• Like 1

Vulcan @ night.

Vulcan @ night.

How do you know it's a Vulcan ship?

That planet is many light years away,

spock1.jpeg

• Like 1

How do you know it's a Vulcan ship?

That planet is many light years away,

The pilot was tunneled by electro-fog to that location, so no problem about the distance. :yes:

• Like 1

The pilot was tunneled by electro-fog to that location, so no problem about the distance. :yes:

No no no. That's only the Bermuda Triangle. Can you prove that such fog exists on Vulcan?

Edited by zoser

Not a very good write up. The first two lights seemingly have nothing to do with the third that took off horizontally across the sky. Speed isn't guessed at, just that it is faster than a lantern. No mention of how long the lights were present either. No mention of the camera used or how that image was blown up so no help there.

The color is identical to what an afterburner looks lke at night. If you look you'll see two plumes in the center but the "wings" are unexplainable without seeing the original photo. They may be artifacts leftover from the enlargement process. An afterburner being lighted on a tactical aircraft, probably an F-18, at night is my guess but can't clear it up without access to the original image and more data.

Edited by Merc14

Not a very good write up. The first two lights seemingly have nothing to do with the third that took off horizontally across the sky. Speed isn't guessed at, just that it is faster than a lantern. No mention of the camera used or how that image was blown up but teh color is identical to what an afterburner looks liek at night. If you look you see two plumes in the center but teh "wings" are unexplainable without seeing the original photo. It may be artifacts leftover from the enlargement process. An afterburner being lighted on a tactical aircraft, probably an F-18, at night is my guess but can't clear it up without access to the original image.

Either that or a UFO.

If we're guessing, yes, it's a UFO for now.

isnt that all we ever do :innocent:

• Like 1

SCN_21-04-2014_EGN_06_SCN200414UFOa_t460.jpg

It's a phoenix. Case Closed....Next!

:whistle:

• Like 2

Not much else to do with a UFO on the interwebz.

I am not sure I agree. Piecing together evidence from the last 70 years suggests something out of this world (or time or both).

Rendlesham being a prime example.

• Like 2

If we're guessing, yes, it's a UFO for now.

Yes as the lights were unidentified and flying, the objects are Unidentifeid Flying Objects.

Lit up like a roman candle. We see them all the time.

Yes as the lights were unidentified and flying, the objects are Unidentifeid Flying Objects.

Thanks.

Thanks.

you really need to keep up if you are going to frequent sites such as these :innocent:

you really need to keep up if you are going to frequent sites such as these :innocent:

Yeah, I know. I'm way behind everyone else. I at least wish I've had an experience to share.

The object was witnessed over Australia and the witness was a skeptic and wishes to be discreet. :innocent:

C'mon P, you the guy, admit it.. :w00t:

The object was witnessed over Australia and the witness was a skeptic and wishes to be discreet. :innocent:

Admit what? He saw a light in the sky so I am to think it is a ship from another start system? Can we at least see the raw image? There is nothing here. Nothing and being a pilot does not make you a reliable expert at evaluating lights in the sky. If he was up in the air I'd say he has an advantage but not on the ground.

It would be interesting to know the direction of travel... is it flying away from the camera, which would suggest the shape of an aircraft, or towards the camera, which would suggest the shape of a bird.

Can't have been me mate, my eyesight went down, and even though I am on the mend, in the dark it is still pretty bad. I would not have seen it.

But I can see that photo. And I would very much like to see the original, I have a feeling the original date stamp might well be the 15th of April, combined with an out of focus lends. Out of focus is my specialty at the moment!

How would this look with a fuzzy focus applied to it?

cresent%20red%20moon.jpg

Get the timing right to capture the flare, drop some focus and hey presto, one Caloundra UFO.

mooneclipsefull.gif

Former skeptic my backside. Didn't take much for him to scream UFO from the rooftops. Bloody larrikin.

• Like 2

Can't have been me mate, my eyesight went down, and even though I am on the mend, in the dark it is still pretty bad. I would not have seen it.

But I can see that photo. And I would very much like to see the original, I have a feeling the original date stamp might well be the 15th of April, combined with an out of focus lends. Out of focus is my specialty at the moment!

How would this look with a fuzzy focus applied to it?

cresent%20red%20moon.jpg

Get the timing right to capture the flare, drop some focus and hey presto, one Caloundra UFO.

mooneclipsefull.gif

Former skeptic my backside. Didn't take much for him to scream UFO from the rooftops. Bloody larrikin.

Brutally efficient in spite of medical disability. Brilliant sir and feel better soon!

• Like 1

I'm interested to know if the following photograph is what came off the pilot's camera and has merely been cropped and/or resized or if it has been "enhanced" like a lot of the stuff that gets run through the digital processing machine before ending up on UM.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1