Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of 'ocean quack sound' solved

Still Waters

The mystery of a bizarre quacking sound heard in the ocean has finally been solved, scientists report.

The noise - nicknamed "the bio-duck" - appears in the winter and spring in the Southern Ocean. However, its source has baffled researchers for decades.

Now acoustic recorders have revealed that the sound is in fact the underwater chatter of the Antarctic minke whale.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-27117669

• Like 1

Antarctic Minke Whale Idol season one ?

~

I'm surprised the scientists were able to do this whale research without harpooning any whales and turning them into sushi. Obviously they weren't Japanese scientists.

• Like 2

I'm surprised the scientists were able to do this whale research without harpooning any whales and turning them into sushi. Obviously they weren't Japanese scientists.

If you happen to have access to Netflix, there are 2 outstanding documentaries about Sushi and the impact on the global Eco system, they are a must watch (if you are into docu's).

Hate the Japanese and their cruelty against animals. Hate the sushi too.

Is it hypocritical if I hate unnecessary animal cruelty but love sushi?

• Like 1

i don't have the luxury to hate food ! i m not picky ! for me its all the same , doesn't matter how you prepare your food , you kill to eat !

o wow its been 50 years , now they have found the source ! . where is the proof ?