Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Reid liar liar pants on fire

OverSword

Today I heard a news broadcast that named corporations as benefitting from us ripping one another to shreds. It's to their benefit that we keep knocking each other on the head about social issues so that we're not paying so much attention to what the big business is doing. A Ralph Nader sound byte was played, and Nader said he sees a coming together of the right & the left focusing on how corporations are trashing the environment, opposition to more free trade agreement like NAFTA, prosecution of Wall Street criminals, and stopping the XL pipeline, among other things. So I guess it's a matter of putting aside the social issues for the time being to assure a better economic future for our population. I think we can do it, ally ourselves to create a powerful voting bloc that could actually achieve something. As it is right now, we're about evenly divided between the right & the left, so that little if anything gets done except that which pleases big business.

• Like 1

Today I heard a news broadcast that named corporations as benefitting from us ripping one another to shreds. It's to their benefit that we keep knocking each other on the head about social issues so that we're not paying so much attention to what the big business is doing. A Ralph Nader sound byte was played, and Nader said he sees a coming together of the right & the left focusing on how corporations are trashing the environment, opposition to more free trade agreement like NAFTA, prosecution of Wall Street criminals, and stopping the XL pipeline, among other things. So I guess it's a matter of putting aside the social issues for the time being to assure a better economic future for our population. I think we can do it, ally ourselves to create a powerful voting bloc that could actually achieve something. As it is right now, we're about evenly divided between the right & the left, so that little if anything gets done except that which pleases big business.

Nice. But I think, as you put it, it's a matter of putting aside the social issues for the time being to assure a better economic future for our population, is not quite correct. I think we can do both at once :yes: Ending government corruption and getting politicians to write laws forcing big business to be as concerned with morals as they are profits will do all the people and the planet alot of good I don't doubt. We should always try to do both don't you think?