Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man gives his footwear to shoeless commuter

Still Waters

A Muslim man presented his shoes to a shoeless fellow bus passenger before getting off the bus and walking home barefoot himself.

Prior to receiving the gift, the shoeless passenger was sat on the bus with only plastic hairnets to cover his feet.

http://www.telegraph...e-donation.html

• Like 4

Good for him. Nice story.

• Like 1

Bless his sweet and sincere soul - what a wonderful example of the best of humanity in action. :yes:

• Like 1

If only we had more of these good samaritans in this world. It wouldn't be as chaotic as it is now.

• Like 1

This kind of thing is why I'll never lose faith in humanity. Even if folks like him are in the minority, still makes me feel good inside!

This kind of thing is why I'll never lose faith in humanity. Even if folks like him are in the minority, still makes me feel good inside!

To that extent, maybe they are in a minority. I don't think so as I've met many who do something similar.

But keep in mind, for every murder or kidnapping or robbery there are thousands of parents who tuck their children into bed after telling them a story.

• Like 1

To that extent, maybe they are in a minority. I don't think so as I've met many who do something similar.

But keep in mind, for every murder or kidnapping or robbery there are thousands of parents who tuck their children into bed after telling them a story.

Indeed! I truly don't know many people who would do things like this for a complete stranger. I'm usually that person. And most people I know look at my kindness as a weakness. I know good people but they don't often make headlines in the news for their good deeds. The evil that men do seems to make a more lasting impression in people's minds than the greatness people do. It also seems to me that the media would rather showcase the bad things about humanity than the good. So it makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear news like this...instead of the depressing norm, you know?

I wouldn't give a person my shoes, though! That would be hateful! *phew*. Lol

I wonder if he did it in alignment with his belief. I wonder if those who did this due to their belief would do so if their belief system was suddenly non existent.

Just a thought I had.

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 1

I wonder if he did it in alignment with his belief. I wonder if those who did this due to their belief would do so if their belief system was suddenly non existent.

Just a thought I had.

Tis a possibility I had thought of. I know many Muslums who will give the shirt off their back during Ramadan, but are just kind of "regular" the rest of the year. But, then some are that way all the time! So are some people from all religions or non-religions. I don't think it matters. Its a great story and example of human goodness.