Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Marriage Supper - Revelation chapter 19

buckskin scout

In other words, no, you won't answer my questions... see what I mean, I am not here as your poster board, interaction and give and take in discussion is an essential part of a debate. Since such a thing is not possible with you, I will now take my leave.

Well, here lies our dilemna, you have a futurist view of Revelation and I have a preterist view of Revelation....?

Well, here lies our dilemna, you have a futurist view of Revelation and I have a preterist view of Revelation....?

No that's not the problem. The problem lies in your ignoring any and every question I ask you and instead give lists of verses... You can give verses but you should pay attention to what is being asked as well, you should be able to explain your thoughts without relying on copy pasting from other sites.

This is a tendency in almost all your posts. Hence the comment I made earlie that you either don't know how to answer me or you don't give a damn either way.

So what happens when Christ does come? Give us the sequence of events in a natural chronological order please....

I am not going to use the book of Revelation as natural chronological order of the Last Day.

Christ returns, there is destruction of the earth and heavens, one resurrection, a great white throne of judgment, a New Heavens and New Earth (our inheritance).

The bible doesn't offer a blow-by-blow description of the last day.

I am not going to use the book of Revelation as natural chronological order of the Last Day.

Christ returns, there is destruction of the earth and heavens, one resurrection, a great white throne of judgment, a New Heavens and New Earth (our inheritance).

The bible doesn't offer a blow-by-blow description of the last day.

so how do you read the book of Revelation? because there are a great many details that do not fit your interpretation of said events of a past context in 70 AD. Do those details simply pass you by?

so how do you read the book of Revelation? because there are a great many details that do not fit your interpretation of said events of a past context in 70 AD. Do those details simply pass you by?

Who was Revelation addressing?

Was it a sealed prophecy like Daniel?

Also the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials is in direct link with what God promised to judge Israel for its faithlessness.

Leviticus 26:18

And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

Leviticus 26:21

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Leviticus 26:24

Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.

Leviticus 26:28

Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

Also, look at what Jesus spoke in Matthew 24:28

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."

This recalls the chapter of blessings and curses in Deut. 28:

Deuteronomy 28:26

And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

Deuteronomy 28:49

The Lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

Jor-El, the whole book of Revelation was addressed to the 1st century Asia Minor churches, to comfort and prepare them for the Jewish persecutions which had the support of Rome, the 3.5 (or 42 month) Neronian persecutions of Christians in 64-68 AD, and the falling out between Rome and Jerusalem by which God brought judgment upon faithless Israel.

Edited by GoSC