Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims she's Virgin Mary's cousin

Still Waters

A Westmoreland County woman claims she is the 64th great-granddaughter of Saint Joseph Ben Matthat Arimathaea, who was the paternal uncle to the Virgin Mary.

http://www.wtae.com/...emoved/25553566

Straight jacket and medication please and lots of it......

Well may be, There could be many, many thousands of descendants ;-). My Grandmother was an Eaton, John Eaton was on the Mayflower, and I guess there are many, many thousandths of descendants as well. So if she is related to Mary mother of Jesus, it is of no importance at all. My mom and dad left behind 25 descendants, that is in just 50 years, that number will climb. Also all of us with blue eyes have one ancestor, way back :-).

Peace

mark

Yeah, and the bird in my backyard claims he's a cousin 650 times removed from a Velociraptor...

OMG!!!!!!!!! :blink: The inner Velociraptor... may come out

In the event that Mary existed, it's vaguely possible that she is related. But as others have pointed out, by this time there's another 50,000 or more who can make the same claim.

I notice that Ancestry.com is cited. There's a "lineage" frequently shown that was invented by the "British Israelites" and I think that's what she found.

Think it's all a bunch of baloney. For all I know, i might be a cousin of say Mad Ludwig,King of Bavaria , builder of Neuschwanstein the famous fairytale castle.

I have relatives in Bavaria and one of the Garmisch bunch had been a steward to one of the rulers of Bavaria in the 1690s according to parish records of the town.

Have to ask my brother in law Ross,a jew if St.John the Baptist was his cousin.

I know the New Testament speaks of Jesus having siblings,St.James was one of them. But I think this is all nonsense.

Even Ancestry.com doesn't believe their own sites claim about it.

And Jesus is my great-great... grandfather.

• Like 2

She is way more sane then this person.

Amy.png

Those were the most entertaining...and insane episodes of Kitchen Nightmares I've ever seen!! I would so love to eat there LOL

• Like 1

Anything is possible. My mother has an historically accurate and verified family tree going back over 1000 years, beginning with records of her family coming to England as a part of William the conquerors' armies in 1066 Along the way there are incidental connections to many famous people (certainly a lot closer than the one claimed in this connection.) One can now have genetic testing done to establish at least ones racial origins, and sometimes even what part of a country your ancestors occupied

And Jesus is my great-great... grandfather.

That would explain a lot :devil: