Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our strange experiences

JJ50

Any one taken a sample of your own and your husbands handwriting?

Any one taken a sample of your own and your husbands handwriting?

The stains certainly didn't resemble our handwriting or that of anyone I know. Anyway why would we want to be daft enough to do something which messed up our walls etc, and give us the job of having to frequently paint them out? The stains were only part of the activity, words and images were burned into woodwork and furniture. The owl and the gravestone moving around the house seemingly unaided was pretty strange too. In 2004 I was at home with my grandson who was then two, no one else was in the house. He came running into the kitchen from the lounge where he had been playing, "Granny, Granny the owl has moved ALL by itself." Sure enough it had moved several feet across the room. As it weighs about 14st and is approx 4ft high there was no way the little fellow could have moved it himself! The owl frequently went walkies whilst we lived there but hasn't moved an inch in our new home!

post-147697-0-00155200-1398768031_thumb.

The stains certainly didn't resemble our handwriting or that of anyone I know. Anyway why would we want to be daft enough to do something which messed up our walls etc, and give us the job of having to frequently paint them out? The stains were only part of the activity, words and images were burned into woodwork and furniture. The owl and the gravestone moving around the house seemingly unaided was pretty strange too. In 2004 I was at home with my grandson who was then two, no one else was in the house. He came running into the kitchen from the lounge where he had been playing, "Granny, Granny the owl has moved ALL by itself." Sure enough it had moved several feet across the room. As it weighs about 14st and is approx 4ft high there was no way the little fellow could have moved it himself! The owl frequently went walkies whilst we lived there but hasn't moved an inch in our new home!

And I was taking you serious...

• Like 1

The stains certainly didn't resemble our handwriting or that of anyone I know. Anyway why would we want to be daft enough to do something which messed up our walls etc, and give us the job of having to frequently paint them out? The stains were only part of the activity, words and images were burned into woodwork and furniture. The owl and the gravestone moving around the house seemingly unaided was pretty strange too. In 2004 I was at home with my grandson who was then two, no one else was in the house. He came running into the kitchen from the lounge where he had been playing, "Granny, Granny the owl has moved ALL by itself." Sure enough it had moved several feet across the room. As it weighs about 14st and is approx 4ft high there was no way the little fellow could have moved it himself! The owl frequently went walkies whilst we lived there but hasn't moved an inch in our new

home!

Why is any one daft enough to stage a hoax?

Why is any one daft enough to stage a hoax?

Goodness knows. Anyway it is all history now as we no longer live there.

I say hoax. A lot of the forms on the wall appear to be too well done, they're most certainly done by a human hand. You claim no hoax but people who perform hoaxes don't admit it. That's the point. Denial to the point of belief. People do a lot of crazy things for attention, manufacturing paranormal occurrences is the most common because it's hard to disprove.

• Like 1

Anyway why would we want to be daft enough to do something which messed up our walls etc, and give us the job of having to frequently paint them out?

For below......... :blush:

The strange happenings were witnessed by a good number of people, and the media beat a path to our door. We were the subject of TV programmes, films and radio programmes as well as newspaper and magazine articles.

What TV programs and films was this on? And magazines?

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

The BBC did a few, I can't remember who else, after a while you don't take much notice as it wasn't a big deal to us. We have been featured in many magazines and newspapers, some local, some national. The former 'News of the World' did a piece about us although we refused to give them an interview as we detested that tabloid. As I mentioned before a Japanese magazine published the photo of that creepy face. I have no idea how they got it, or who brought the fact to our attention. Whilst it was part of our lives while we lived in the house, we had much more important things to deal with, especially latterly after my husband's very serious illness which nearly killed him.

The BBC did a few, I can't remember who else, after a while you don't take much notice as it wasn't a big deal to us. We have been featured in many magazines and newspapers, some local, some national. The former 'News of the World' did a piece about us although we refused to give them an interview as we detested that tabloid. As I mentioned before a Japanese magazine published the photo of that creepy face. I have no idea how they got it, or who brought the fact to our attention. Whilst it was part of our lives while we lived in the house, we had much more important things to deal with, especially latterly after my husband's very serious illness which nearly killed him.

So, if I wanted to search for any of these shows or articles, what would I put in the search field?

Surely, if it was on TV and Films, you both had to sign releases, and get some royalties.

• Like 2

I have just remembered that we had a surprising interest in our phenomena from the Foreign Office who asked if they could send a film crew. To this day I am not exactly sure why, maybe their 'spies' were responsible for the activity! :lol:

I have just remembered that we had a surprising interest in our phenomena from the Foreign Office who asked if they could send a film crew. To this day I am not exactly sure why, maybe their 'spies' were responsible for the activity! :lol:

I ask again............

So, if I wanted to search for any of these shows or articles, what would I put in the search field?

Surely, if it was on TV and Films, you both had to sign releases, and get some royalties.

• Like 2

Penyffordd Farm, Treuddyn Mold, graffiti ghost, ghost monk, ghost of Jane Jones...

Here's a one off posted thread from here on UM, 2007: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85292

BBC article, 2009: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/northeastwales/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8359000/8359261.stm

Another article, not sure what the original source was: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/WALES%3A+Sounds+crackers+but+biscuit+has+monk+on%3B+But+spooky+happenings...-a0150129405

There's a few older ghost forums out there with this. A few links indicating BBC discussions, but those links are all dead now. There was a passing mention of Discovery Channel- but I don't know if they confirmed filmed or not. Haven't tried digging up any video at all yet.

• Like 3

Penyffordd Farm, Treuddyn Mold, graffiti ghost, ghost monk, ghost of Jane Jones...

Here's a one off posted thread from here on UM, 2007: http://www.unexplain...showtopic=85292

BBC article, 2009: http://news.bbc.co.u...000/8359261.stm

Another article, not sure what the original source was: http://www.thefreeli......-a0150129405

There's a few older ghost forums out there with this. A few links indicating BBC discussions, but those links are all dead now. There was a passing mention of Discovery Channel- but I don't know if they confirmed filmed or not. Haven't tried digging up any video at all yet.

I seem to remember something about the Discovery Channel they could have filmed, but I honestly can't remember if they did, there was so much of it going on at the time.

I do remember that BBC Radio Wales did a Christmas special over three weeks, I can't remember which year. The first programme was about the exorcist Bishop of Monmouth, the second about the Chief Druid, and the third about our home. I was interviewed by Phil Rickman the author for the programme. Whilst he was interviewing me he kept pausing, and looking towards the kitchen. When I asked him why, he said he could see a shadowy figure walking up and down. No one else was in the house. He mentioned this when the programme went out.

The subject of the gravestone was also mentioned and within 30 minutes of the programme going out, a man came to the door to say he had dug it up about 25 years previously in the garden when remodelling the drive for the then owners. He said they stopped digging in case there was a body buried down there. Before we left I reburied the gravestone in the garden.

• Like 1

Seems, with the mounting number of skeptics, you're suffering convenient memory loss.

How could you forget a multi million dollar company such as discovery, coming to your home?

This must of been one of the most important events of your life and you forget key details and info.

Do you remember what you wore at your wedding(if married), or even what you had for tea?

• Like 2

Seems, with the mounting number of skeptics, you're suffering convenient memory loss.

How could you forget a multi million dollar company such as discovery, coming to your home?

This must of been one of the most important events of your life and you forget key details and info.

Do you remember what you wore at your wedding(if married), or even what you had for tea?

Now now... Give the gal a break. This seems to have had a flurry at the time. There is stuff out there, and it seems that JJ50 did post in many places, there are multiple areas this story crops up. And it has been several years since she moved. I might not have kept track of everything at the time either.

And sheesh, keeping track of every detail over the course of several years, no matter how interesting.. is way different from remembering one's wedding gown or what one had for tea.

Let's give JJ a chance to get it all together. She does have a considerable amount of details and story, which is a far cry from a lot of new members that bring up an old story for UM scrutiny.

• Like 1

Here's a one off posted thread from here on UM, 2007: http://www.unexplain...showtopic=85292

BBC article, 2009: http://news.bbc.co.u...000/8359261.stm

Another article, not sure what the original source was: http://www.thefreeli......-a0150129405

Thanks Rashore...

I was hoping more on the lines of :

We were the subject of TV programmes, films

I would think contracts had to be signed, and some royalties for films. I thought she would remember at least a couple of them.

I am not insinuating anything, I just wanted to look them up, see if I could find some footage to watch is all.

• Like 1

Thanks Rashore...

I was hoping more on the lines of :

I would think contracts had to be signed, and some royalties for films. I thought she would remember at least a couple of them.

I am not insinuating anything, I just wanted to look them up, see if I could find some footage to watch is all.

Look you can think what you like as you no doubt will. We certainly didn't get any royalties for the documentary films made on our former property, nor did we ask for any. So much has happened in the last few years, especially as my husband was seriously ill after and aneurysm burst in his brain, and now suffers brain damage having half of his brain completely thrashed. I don't remember ALL the trivial details about who filmed at our place etc. It might surprise you to realise that whilst the activity at the property was on going, almost daily, for eleven years, it was not a BIG DEAL and a small part of our lives, which were dominated by much more important issues. I was home schooling our adopted Down's Syndrome son who is quite severely mentally disabled. My husband was an extremely busy professional educationalist whose only day off from doing work of some kind was Christmas Day. Besides which, as one gets older one's memory isn't as sharp as it was!

Look you can think what you like as you no doubt will. We certainly didn't get any royalties for the documentary films made on our former property, nor did we ask for any. So much has happened in the last few years, especially as my husband was seriously ill after and aneurysm burst in his brain, and now suffers brain damage having half of his brain completely thrashed. I don't remember ALL the trivial details about who filmed at our place etc. It might surprise you to realise that whilst the activity at the property was on going, almost daily, for eleven years, it was not a BIG DEAL and a small part of our lives, which were dominated by much more important issues. I was home schooling our adopted Down's Syndrome son who is quite severely mentally disabled. My husband was an extremely busy professional educationalist whose only day off from doing work of some kind was Christmas Day. Besides which, as one gets older one's memory isn't as sharp as it was!

I am not the one who accused you of anything.

• Like 4

If this has been posted over the years on various forums, why post? Especially if key details can't be recalled.

Im not expecting every detail, but you defend yourself when asked a minor question, hand writing sample springs to mind, its quite reasonable to ask if your writing has been ruled out or not, people do things like this for reasons known only to themselves surely just to rake in a few quid, I'm in no way suggesting you did, but you must expect such questions.

If, as you put it, it was no big deal, why contact media or post on forums?

I dont know what to say with regards to your family life as, although im sure it was a difficult time, its something i wouldnt disclose as its no one elses buisness.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1

Found an extensive report from the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research on this case:

http://www.transpersonalscience.org/Papers/daniels02c.pdf

Haven't read through the whole thing yet, but it does give this tidbit regarding TV shows:

In August 1999, the phenomena at the Gowers' home were examined on HTV Wales' Weird Wales series. The case has since featured on several other TV and radio programmes, including ITV's This Morning, BBC TV's Kilroy, and John Peel's Home Truths series on BBC Radio 4 (twice).
  • Like 1

Found an extensive report from the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research on this case:

http://www.transpers.../daniels02c.pdf

Haven't read through the whole thing yet, but it does give this tidbit regarding TV shows:

Thank you.

As I said to the OP, I am not accusing her of anything. I just wanted to see who/what was there and what was said.

• Like 1

I all ready said I was not the one accusing you of anything, but I also want to say I am sorry for what you have, and are going through. ( health wise ).

I know how stressful that is, I went through, and still going through, a very hard last 7 months.

Hope it all works out.

• Like 1

my kid could have finger painted them on a wall (logically speaking).

I knew that was coming :yes:

• Like 1

I read this report. Extremely extensive and thorough. Would like to hear what others think. If they have the time to read through :unsure2: Thank you also, Everdred. Mentions a lot of things ...well I'll just say it was interesting reading it from an outside observer's viewpoint who spent an extended amount of time being near those experiencing the occurrences.

I say hoax. A lot of the forms on the wall appear to be too well done, they're most certainly done by a human hand. You claim no hoax but people who perform hoaxes don't admit it. That's the point. Denial to the point of belief. People do a lot of crazy things for attention, manufacturing paranormal occurrences is the most common because it's hard to disprove.

Well we were of the opinion it was a hoax, but not sure how it was perpetrated as things occurred in front of witnesses!