Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our strange experiences

JJ50

After reading the report, I found it very interesting how in May of 1997 one of the homeowners saw a hazy figure next to one of her daughters and a friend who climbed the hill by the barn where the image of the face was captured in the barn window (the same image which, on June 1 1997, appeared in Whales On Sunday newspaper under the headline 'Is This The Face of Jesus' Mother?') After they ran back down the hill they reported having felt a presence. Not long after, visitors began showing up leaving flowers and to pray. Eventually, in response to the number of visitors, the homeowners decided to dedicate a small strip of land by the field gate as a "sacred site" (under the terms of the Millennium Sacred Land Project established by the Archbishop of Canterbury and Prince Philip). A sign was posted on the gate for those who wished to come and pray or meditate. There are a few more details in between,on pages 3-4 of report, if interested. Seems like a big deal, that one. But not mentioned.I'm sure there could be many reasons.

After reading the report, I found it very interesting how in May of 1997 one of the homeowners saw a hazy figure next to one of her daughters and a friend who climbed the hill by the barn where the image of the face was captured in the barn window (the same image which, on June 1 1997, appeared in Whales On Sunday newspaper under the headline 'Is This The Face of Jesus' Mother?') After they ran back down the hill they reported having felt a presence. Not long after, visitors began showing up leaving flowers and to pray. Eventually, in response to the number of visitors, the homeowners decided to dedicate a small strip of land by the field gate as a "sacred site" (under the terms of the Millennium Sacred Land Project established by the Archbishop of Canterbury and Prince Philip). A sign was posted on the gate for those who wished to come and pray or meditate. There are a few more details in between,on pages 3-4 of report, if interested. Seems like a big deal, that one. But not mentioned.I'm sure there could be many reasons.

There are some inaccuracies in your account! We didn't decide to dedicate the field as a Millennium Sacred Site, we were informed it had become one. Prince Charles was the Royal concerned, not his father! The Wales on Sunday photo was silly, it hardly looked like an image of Mary. The image I saw at the top of the field did resemble the picture book version of Mary, for the second or two is was visible. I have always maintained it was my mind which produced the image. The 'pilgrims' from all over the UK, Ireland and one or two from the US started arriving , after a totally inaccurate article was published in the now defunct tabloid, The News of the World' to whom I refused to give an interview as we regarded it as a junk newspaper!

@JJ50

My information was simply gathered, almost word for word, from the above report from the Journal of Society for Psychical Research submitted by Michael Daniels, the report that Everdred was kind enough to supply. See above, post#46. It was very informative, but if there are any inaccuracies, they are not mine.

When a member creates a thread and tells a story on a strange phenomena such as this that happened in their lives I've notice

that other members will ask for more detailed questions (which is understandable) then ask for pics or video. When the member

complies and uploads more info to help back their story as requested then that info still isn't sufficient enough to most everyone

and considered a hoax or the person could be fabricating the story.My response to that is, where's it proven that it's a hoax or the

person is making up the story. Isn't their proof needed as well that the story is hoax as well as it to be proven genuine?

I realize that there are hucksters out there that like to put one over on everyone. But one also must consider that some of these

stories posted could be factual and the member given the benefit of the doubt. This particular case IMO needs further investigation

at the site (if allowed by the owners) to determine what's going on. It won't get solved on a thread.

When a member creates a thread and tells a story on a strange phenomena such as this that happened in their lives I've notice

that other members will ask for more detailed questions (which is understandable) then ask for pics or video. When the member

complies and uploads more info to help back their story as requested then that info still isn't sufficient enough to most everyone

and considered a hoax or the person could be fabricating the story.My response to that is, where's it proven that it's a hoax or the

person is making up the story. Isn't their proof needed as well that the story is hoax as well as it to be proven genuine?

I realize that there are hucksters out there that like to put one over on everyone. But one also must consider that some of these

stories posted could be factual and the member given the benefit of the doubt. This particular case IMO needs further investigation

at the site (if allowed by the owners) to determine what's going on. It won't get solved on a thread.

Occam's razor

• Like 1

Occam's razor

I use Gillette :w00t:

@JJ50

My information was simply gathered, almost word for word, from the above report from the Journal of Society for Psychical Research submitted by Michael Daniels, the report that Everdred was kind enough to supply. See above, post#46. It was very informative, but if there are any inaccuracies, they are not mine.

I remember Mike Daniels, coming to our place a number of times, like us he was sceptical. I probably have a copy of the report somewhere but can't remember it specifically.

@JJ50

If you want a copy of the report submitted by Michael Daniels, the same I have been referencing, the link to the entire report is in Everdred's post to Sakari, post #46. It's the first post at the top of this page. Just click on the link.

Best wishes, Kasha

@JJ50

If you want a copy of the report submitted by Michael Daniels, the same I have been referencing, the link to the entire report is in Everdred's post to Sakari, post #46. It's the first post at the top of this page. Just click on the link.

Best wishes, Kasha

Sorry for double post!

• Like 1

I just looked, my mistake, it's Sakari's post to Everdred. Still the first post at the top of the page. Sorry for the confusion!