Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How could you tell ?

Forever Cursed

"IF" some one some day actually produced an actual photo of Bigfoot how could you tell ? I mean you could say, "They don't exist, so all photo's are fake." But what if ? Do you think you cold really tell the difference ?

• Like 1

I personally couldn't, unless I took the picture. It's usually pretty easy to tell an amateur CGI job, since the focus or lighting will be incorrect. Usually, for the fakes, something just looks "off" or unnatural.

Probably not. It's all part of the problem with proof on the internet. If you'd have a personal experience, you'll start asking different questions and not really bother with the stupid little back and forth arguments about this or any other 'para' normal incident.

• Like 1

I was thinking this when watching the vid of a Bigfoot head when it blinked on Survivor man. To me it looked like an ape from the zoo, but if it was CG I would never be able to tell, the real thing from something man made.

Edited by Forever Cursed
  • Like 1

but if it was CG I would never be able to tell, the real thing from something man made.

That's why I'm glad they waited to make The Avengers movie, so the CGI could catch up to the imagination and bring it to life.

Edited by Sweetpumper

If I took a picture and it was real....1st I would certainly not be puting it on youtube, this sort of newsi would be calling in the forensics team, getting them to examine the area while I went straight to the biggest newspapers in the country....not the Daily mail.

• Like 1

Real I doubt very much. All the photos are from a zillion miles away and out of focus and if they were out there don't you think someone would have found a dead one by now. A Skelton at least by this time...

• Like 1

don't you think someone would have found a dead one by now. A Skelton at least by this time...

Just a thought. Does anybody know how many gorillas dead of natural causes are found in the wild each year? That could be a measuring stick to compare with the expected number of dead Bigfoots. The habitats are similar--thickly forested, remote, frequently mountainous.

• Like 1

First we would need some decent pictures. If I was to go Bigfoot picture hunting I would get a few things. Several trap cameras, camping gear, jiffy pop, coffee and a female companion.

The reason for my list of supplies: About 20ish years ago I went camping in the Ozarks with my wife, when she was someone else's wife. So, we went well away from where anyone would think to look for a couple of people doing what we intended to be doing.

After we set up camp around 11am we ate some sandwiches then went for a walk. We made a full circle around our camp site to see how close anyone or anything might be. We were at least 3/4s of a mile from anything.

So we went back to our camp and did what we really came to do then as it was getting dark I started making coffee and my "wife" broke out a jiffy pop and cooked it up.

Wasn't long and we started hearing movement in the woods. I'm thinking deer. Anyway, we heard a sound almost like a bull just one time, then mostly heavy walking around noises.

Something threw rocks a few times but I never did see anything and I looked around with a flashlight many times. Had the rocks been smaller or some form of nuts I would have just assumed squirrels.

I just happened to have a 380 semi automatic pistol with me and figured it was safer to stay by the fire then try to hike 3/4s of a mile back to my truck in the dark.

We did not sleep at all and waited till sunlight to grab everything and head to the truck. At the time Bigfoot was the last thing on my mind when I planned for the trip.

I thought about getting a bunch of trap cameras and going to see what happened, but my wife will not go camping since that trip.

Not saying it was Bigfoot, but I am open minded about the whole topic after that.

"IF" some one some day actually produced an actual photo of Bigfoot how could you tell ? I mean you could say, "They don't exist, so all photo's are fake." But what if ? Do you think you cold really tell the difference ?

Honestly? Most likely not. It will take physical proof from the being itself (DNA, body, hair, etc.) to eventually prove that it exists, not photos or videos since those can always and usually are faked.

There's more to it than simply examining the photo in order to judge authenticity - it is equally important (but often much harder) to examine the context and the personalities involved...

My house is surrounded by woods, both by pines and other trees. When I first moved to Wisconsin, I didn't know what to expect. My husbands works nighttime

hours. I've always been afraid the dark, especially at night. The only way I'd know that Bigfoot was real or not would be; if I found Bigfoot footprints on my

property. We don't have neighbors near by. Wisconsin has been known of having Bigfoot sightings .I've had bears, grey & wolves come around my house.

I also have many bird feeders, both in font and in the back of my house. I'd surely know if my bird feeders and other stuff were scattered on the ground.

Second, If I were to see one, I'd definitely call my husband at work or call the cops. :yes: :yes:

I think the video or picture itself would be very hard to show as fake. It is in the details of, and from, the photographer that usually indicate a fraud. If the video is part of a set by a video student on monsters in the woods, then it is a good guess that it is fake. Pics and videos from regular people who just happen to be around at the time, are the most interesting. Because the person has nothing to prove, and lots to loose. Unfortunately most of these more interesting videos are troubled by bad focus, and/or compression issues when loaded to the internet.

Just a thought. Does anybody know how many gorillas dead of natural causes are found in the wild each year? That could be a measuring stick to compare with the expected number of dead Bigfoots. The habitats are similar--thickly forested, remote, frequently mountainous.

The conservation studies I have read suggest that the annual mortality rate for adult gorillas is around 5%, which is low in comparison to many other animals. White-tailed deer average upwards of 50%, cougars I believe 30%.

Of course no one could conclude absolutely from a photo that the subject is a “bigfoot”, but it is a good question.

Like many with an interest in Bigfoot, I've seen many photo offerings over the years. I wonder if any other skeptics who have been looking at bigfoot photos over the years, have any examples of a “Hmmm?” photo they can post?

I can only think of one picture off hand that ever caused me to go “Hmmm? That is an interesting photo.” (the Jacobs photos had me go "Whaaat is that?" Iow, I took it as a very possible actual non-human animal)

So I would argue that yes, it could be possible for a photo to be as convincing as a photo could be, compared to all that has been offered up until now. If that makes sense?

Conclusive? No. Interesting? Yes. Convincing? Possibly. (Evancj? Definitely.)

(Speaking still images not a video)

Edited by QuiteContrary

The conservation studies I have read suggest that the annual mortality rate for adult gorillas is around 5%, which is low in comparison to many other animals. White-tailed deer average upwards of 50%, cougars I believe 30%.

Good information. If Bigfoots (I always want to say Bigfeet) turn out to be real and have a similar mortality rate, I am not too surprised about a lack of dead bodies.

Okay so I figure the best people to ask would be those who do it, so I asked Matt and Myrna at our sister company Advanced Graphic Designs the same question, and they pointed out the movies such as Avatar, and next gen games. They say human and animal CGI are the easiest to tell when they are up close. But that in order to do next gen graphics it would require very expensive computers, and graphics cards, not to mention the talent and skill required to do it. They pointed out also that the cheaper programs are really cheesy and easy to spot. But that if some one was bored, rich and talented they could do a very nice job of a Bigfoot at a distance, but also pointed out that one or two objects in front of the CGI would be fairly easy to fake, however, if the object is layered with limbs and leaves etc... the probability is higher it may be real. They said it can be done, but the time involved would be huge.

Good information. If Bigfoots (I always want to say Bigfeet) turn out to be real and have a similar mortality rate, I am not too surprised about a lack of dead bodies.

Pair a low mortality rate with a low population number, dead bodies would be rare to begin with.

Edited by Insanity