Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blood from world's oldest woman suggests life

docyabut2

It is not only the stem cells, it is the general limitation of cells to reproduce themselves that limits life, and 115-120 is what was the general assumption of the max. life span of a human being. So no surprise here.... just another piece of evidence.

Unfortunately, living much beyond 85 is to have a 'life' of such poor quality as to be nothing I aspire to. Unless and until medical science is able to assure quality of life then I have no interest in living 25 years with the lifestyle of a nursing home resident.

• Like 1

If science can figure out how to artificially generate the stem cells, and cells in general, it may be that humans are able to live much, much longer.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, living much beyond 85 is to have a 'life' of such poor quality as to be nothing I aspire to. Unless and until medical science is able to assure quality of life then I have no interest in living 25 years with the lifestyle of a nursing home resident.

I totally agree,living in a nursing home is not my idea of living a normal life.