Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions, Weird Expierences

Bucca

Greetings! My first post here, I have a lot of questions about things that have happened in my life, but for the sake of not spamming I'll stick with these two for now.

I "think" I have seen shadow people. I can recall two times in the past year that I have woken up to see someone standing right by my bed. One time resulted in me violently throwing my TV remote at it, which was probably a bad idea, and the other time I began to scream and kick at it. The one where I kicked at it my friend was sleeping beside me and in the morning when I was explaining to her why I was screaming she said that she had saw a "godly like figure" rising to my window.

And, if these are actual beings, then some of them seem to like to swear. I had lost a passive-aggressive pin that said "F--- you, you ******* f--ck" and then one morning awoke to find it pinned on my jacket. Yesterday I woke up and noticed that "F---" was smudged on my TV, what do I make of this? I've also had sleep paralysis before and as a child heard my name being called at night. Currently I suffer from bulimia, with seemingly no emotional cause, could I be being attacked by something?

I hope I'm not being delusional. I also have "snow vision" and see colours, even when my eyes are open. The static in my vision (which is what snow vision is) isn't there when I look at the area around objects- especially living things. And once when I my friends and I were playing with an Ouija board I saw a small pink orb float to the board, then hover there. It was unlike any orb I have ever seen. And it just so happened that the friends who were using the board at the time said the felt it try to move.

Anyone else have experiences like this? I had an Aura-Soma reading done a few days ago and the women said that I was gifted and had ton of spirit guides following me, waiting for me to let them in. Honestly I don't know what to believe. Street lights tend to go off around me but I sure as hell don't feel gifted. Sorry of the multiple questions, I hope this isn't considered spam.

Sorry I cant answer, I am not a Psychiatrist, Optometrist or a MD. Suggest seeing all three though, (not meant to be rude).

• Like 1

Sorry I cant answer, I am not a Psychiatrist, Optometrist or a MD. Suggest seeing all three though, (not meant to be rude).

I agree with this. I'm not trying to be rude or say that you're insane, but it's always better tp be safe than sorry. After you rule those out, then you might consider the paranormal an option.

I hope the best for you!

• Like 1

Seeing "people" when you awake is not paranormal, it's a fairly common occurrence. When you awaken suddenly from a dream your mind needs a moment to adjust and at times it projects the last thing you saw in your dream. This is not paranormal in any way, it's simply perception and how the mind perceives reality. Your mind can not distinguish a dream from reality. This is why when you dream of drowning you wake up short of breath. You were dreaming of a person and you awake suddenly. Your body is awake but your mind lags behind, splicing the dream with celestial surroundings. Sleep paralysis is the antithesis of this.

Misplacing something and later finding it in a place you could have swore you hadn't placed it is again the mind playing tricks. When the mind is stressed, overworked or over stimulated it will forget a lot of key details of every day life. This goes hand and hand with the frustration of trying to read but having your mind occupied on external circumstances. No matter how many times you read and reread the sentence it doesn't stick. You placed the pin on the jacket and simply forgot. The television I can't explain because in all honesty I don't know what you're talking about.

The vision problems could be something as basic as needing corrective lenses or medication or something more severe like a tumor pressing on the visual cortex. I'm not a doctor so I'm not saying anything for sure. Go see an eye doctor, if your vision seems fine then see your family physician. Seeing an "orb" could also be a symptom of the snow vision or a blood capillary in the peripheral of your eye.

Street lights going off is natural. The bulb could be bad, simple.

I live my life by Occam's razor. Why attribute things to paranormal when rational explanations suffice?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeesh, I was just curious. I never once said I thought this was due to the paranormal. I see no reason to get tested for anything, I'm sure things happen like all the time to people. Also the street lamps turning on or off when I get closer is very eerie, I've freaked out friends by looking at a streetlamp and telling them it will turn off, and then it does.

Greetings! My first post here, I have a lot of questions about things that have happened in my life, but for the sake of not spamming I'll stick with these two for now.

I "think" I have seen shadow people. I can recall two times in the past year that I have woken up to see someone standing right by my bed. One time resulted in me violently throwing my TV remote at it, which was probably a bad idea, and the other time I began to scream and kick at it. The one where I kicked at it my friend was sleeping beside me and in the morning when I was explaining to her why I was screaming she said that she had saw a "godly like figure" rising to my window.

And, if these are actual beings, then some of them seem to like to swear. I had lost a passive-aggressive pin that said "F--- you, you ******* f--ck" and then one morning awoke to find it pinned on my jacket. Yesterday I woke up and noticed that "F---" was smudged on my TV, what do I make of this? I've also had sleep paralysis before and as a child heard my name being called at night. Currently I suffer from bulimia, with seemingly no emotional cause, could I be being attacked by something?

I hope I'm not being delusional. I also have "snow vision" and see colours, even when my eyes are open. The static in my vision (which is what snow vision is) isn't there when I look at the area around objects- especially living things. And once when I my friends and I were playing with an Ouija board I saw a small pink orb float to the board, then hover there. It was unlike any orb I have ever seen. And it just so happened that the friends who were using the board at the time said the felt it try to move.

Anyone else have experiences like this? I had an Aura-Soma reading done a few days ago and the women said that I was gifted and had ton of spirit guides following me, waiting for me to let them in. Honestly I don't know what to believe. Street lights tend to go off around me but I sure as hell don't feel gifted. Sorry of the multiple questions, I hope this isn't considered spam.

Hi, welcome to Unexplained Mysteries!!

Well I have experienced seeing things when waking, they seem as real as everything else in the room and I got the impression that they were watching me while I slept and cos I woke up suddenly it took them by surprise. Some people call them shadow people, some people call then angles or demons or ghosts or aliens or hags etc. It could be a case of Sleep Paralysis which is an hallucination people sometimes get when they are in the process of waking up. The fact you were able to react and throw something at it makes me wonder if it even fits into the 'sleep paralysis' explanation so don't let people simply dismiss it as that. Can you explain what you glimpsed standing by your bed please.

I've seen something next to my bed many years ago when I was around 19yr old or so. It had the shape of a human and was sitting in the computer chair about 3 feet away from my bed. It was translucent (I could see the chair through it) and I reached for a knife I kept at the other side of the bed whilst simultaneously kicking at it. I hurt my foot on the chair. For the split second I looked away to get the knife it disappeared. I was awake, I didn't wake up afterwards. It seemed very real and different from what most people call sleep paralysis. It was also a nice sunny day, I remember the sunlight coming through the window and lighting up the whole room. I had the impression it didn't actually mean any harm.