Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of color perception

Saru

I've wondered about this kind of thing before. I also wonder if we each see the same shade of a colour too. Like although we could all be looking at something blue for example, but is the shade of blue I can see the same shade of blue that someone else is seeing. That's not counting people who are colour blind like my friend is because people like him really do see colours differently.

I enjoyed that video :tu:

I'd guess our shared common physiology dictates that most of us perceive colors pretty much the same? Just as most of us perceive basically the same range of sound frequencies.. we perceive basically the same range of Light/Color frequencies?

.. Leaving color blindnesses aside... I know there are minor variations in the way people perceive colors because of hundreds of discussions i've had with other people on , to them or I ,what looks more blueish or greenish or browns looking more greenish or reddish .. and so on.

• Like 1