Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The haunting of the Dolphin Hotel

UM-Bot

Keith Pattison de Bellasis: Not one, but at least 6 otherworldly spectres from different ages are widely believed to be haunting the medieval Dolphin Hotel situated on the High Street of the old quarter of Southampton in Hampshire, England. The Dolphin Hotel dates back to at least the 13th Century, with other parts reputed to date back to the 11th or 12th centuries. It was originally built for a rich merchant and then later converted to a tavern and coaching inn. Now a 4 star hotel, the list of previous landlords proudly hangs in the hotel lobby stretching back to 1432.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Reported ghosts tend to be humans or animals human associate with--dogs, cats, the occasional chicken. Where are all the fish ghosts?

• Like 2

Reported ghosts tend to be humans or animals human associate with--dogs, cats, the occasional chicken. Where are all the fish ghosts?

Well, dolphins are mammals, but yeah, let's have some fish ghosts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Funny thing is even if u r a non-believer u still be scared stiff staying there alone

I don't recall hearing of this hotel before now. But then I've never been to Hampshire. At any rate, the UK seems to be blessed with haunted hotels. I suspect you may have to pay more for rooms with ghosts. Spirits seem to never come cheap. LOL.

England is seemingly riddled with ghosts but I'm still waiting to see one!