Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Yellowstone and the second coming.

shayne255

I am starting to think that the second coming of Jesus is linked with the super volcano of Yellowstone. Like either god will it make it erupt based on how frustrated and how he is and how he cant stand the wars and the problems all over the world or it will erupt when Jesus brings all the Christians up to heaven. With all of the earthquakes happening in Yellowstone all of a sudden the government not telling us it just makes me think if the volcano is starting to erupt or is already. From what I heard there is smoke and gases coming from the volcano all over the park of Yellowstone along with the land starting to rise around it. I have seeing and hearing a lot of things from Alaska as well like on how the earthquakes in Alaska is connected to the volcano in Yellowstone due to a fault line. The has also been worries about a volcano in Alaska about to questionably erupt due to the earthquakes around it. There was 2 earthquakes around the volcano in Alaska today one was a 3.1 on 2014-04-26 at 23:10:34 UTC 112.3 km deep and the second was a 2.8 earthquake at the Redoubt volcano on 2014-04-27 at 21:10:58 UTC 100.0 km deep.

Edited by shayne255

Yeah... not gonna happen. There is zero danger of the caldera at Yellowstone erupting right now.

• Like 4

Not an expert on volcanoes or anything, But steam and gases coming from the volcano is a good thing. That means no pressure is building inside and it can vent.

If it isn't steaming, well, then it's not good.

• Like 5

Not an expert on volcanoes or anything, But steam and gases coming from the volcano is a good thing. That means no pressure is building inside and it can vent.

If it isn't steaming, well, then it's not good.

Yeah but if the caldera is rising it could mean the magma chamber is filling
  • Like 1

3.1 and 2.8 earthquakes are babies and there are hundreds of them globally every single day. Don't lose any sleep over it.

BTW: Welcome to the forums Shayne. :)

• Like 2

As far as I can tell reading the genuinely scientific journals, no one with credibility is the least concerned by this hot spot and the caldera is not about to even have a minor eruption, let alone explode. If this is to be Armageddon then it is a good time off. I would very much like to see some good citation that says otherwise.

• Like 1

Great, I can go back to worrying about asteroids

• Like 1

I am starting to think that the second coming of Jesus is linked with the super volcano of Yellowstone. Like either god will it make it erupt based on how frustrated and how he is and how he cant stand the wars and the problems all over the world or it will erupt when Jesus brings all the Christians up to heaven. With all of the earthquakes happening in Yellowstone all of a sudden the government not telling us it just makes me think if the volcano is starting to erupt or is already. From what I heard there is smoke and gases coming from the volcano all over the park of Yellowstone along with the land starting to rise around it. I have seeing and hearing a lot of things from Alaska as well like on how the earthquakes in Alaska is connected to the volcano in Yellowstone due to a fault line. The has also been worries about a volcano in Alaska about to questionably erupt due to the earthquakes around it. There was 2 earthquakes around the volcano in Alaska today one was a 3.1 on 2014-04-26 at 23:10:34 UTC 112.3 km deep and the second was a 2.8 earthquake at the Redoubt volcano on 2014-04-27 at 21:10:58 UTC 100.0 km deep.

A deity that would cause that sort of mayhem is an evil psycho!

• Like 5

Great, I can go back to worrying about asteroids

And tsunami and landslides and sharks and coconuts.

Like either god will it make it erupt based on how frustrated and how he is and how he cant stand the wars and the problems all over the world

Doesn't sound like a god worth believing in.

• Like 3

Things generally are and we are the way we are because nature (in evolutionary biology, natural selection) doesn't give a fig about whether we prosper or not, nor even whether we survive. It has built into us all sorts of essentially selfish desires and drives, and also given us to the ability to more or less develop morals, creating this inconsistency that some translate as God being evil and others translate as God being at cross purposes.

For example, if it suits natural selection's purposes that we age and die, then we age and die, and we do.

According to the book of Genesis, the flood took place because "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time." (Gen. 6:5) Today we are certainly more technologically advanced and more knowledgeable about our universe than ever before, but has human nature really changed all that much? We still have conflicts and wars raging around the planet, we still have political and financial leaders who abuse power for personal gain at the expense of the people, we cause massive environmental degradation, there are man caused famines where millions are starving and so forth; yet we read about an event of judgment (past or yet future) in the Bible and blame God.

As for specific events coinciding with Bible prophesy, there are theologians who think that God is giving us small warning signs with every earthquake, flood, tornado, volcano, etcetera to hopefully get our attention and make us turn from the path we are on. Perhaps the "swelling" of the Yellowstone volcano is another warning sign, whether it will erupt at or before Christ's return is speculation. Yes, these are "natural events" and they have been going on since the earth began, but they can also be used by God, Who after all created and maintains all things, and can use them for his purposes. According to the books of Revelation, Daniel and passages such as Matthew 24, the time prior to Christ's return will be an extremely difficult one for the inhabitants of the Earth from judgments brought as a direct result of the increasing evil of that time period. And they do speak of the release of violent and deadly natural and supernatural forces upon mankind. If I remember correctly about 1/3 of the human race will die as a result of war, pollution (perhaps radiation), and the direct judgments of God upon the Earth. A "star" called Wormwood falls upon the waters of the Earth and makes them undrinkable, is this a natural event like an asteroid or perhaps a nuclear attack? An earthquake is described as being so great in Revelation that ALL of the cites of the earth fall, I can only guess that this is an unprecedented worldwide shift of the tectonic plates of a scale never before seen on our planet.

Suffice it to say that God certainly can use the elements and forces of the Earth and space for warnings and for judgment; He made them and they are His to command. Whether one considers this to be nonsense or believes it is up to the individual.

• Like 2

And tsunami and landslides and sharks and coconuts.

I'm thinking shark tsunamis followed by coconut landslides... oh and bear uprisings
  • Like 1

Jesus indicated the 'second coming' would come about in the life time of his disciples, if he couldn't get it right no one can! I reckon in 2000 years time, if Christianity is still practiced, some will still be pronouncing, "The end is near, REPENT!" :lol:

• Like 2

That's a good question -- what is it to "repent." Now we all do things we feel ashamed of, and sometimes they have harmed others, so it behooves us to undo the damage as much as we can and promise ourselves to avoid doing it in future, and then get on with life. We cannot undo the bad things we do and all the self-flagellation in the world will not change this.

That's a good question -- what is it to "repent." Now we all do things we feel ashamed of, and sometimes they have harmed others, so it behooves us to undo the damage as much as we can and promise ourselves to avoid doing it in future, and then get on with life. We cannot undo the bad things we do and all the self-flagellation in the world will not change this.

If I have wronged anyone I will of course apologise and try to make amends. However, where the deity is concerned, if it created us it created our nature too. It should apologise to us for screwing up so badly!

Jesus indicated the 'second coming' would come about in the life time of his disciples, if he couldn't get it right no one can! I reckon in 2000 years time, if Christianity is still practiced, some will still be pronouncing, "The end is near, REPENT!" :lol:

Actually, Jesus simply indicated that he would "come in the clouds, in glory". That doesn't necessarily mean the Second Coming, especially considering the origin of the imagery of that comment. But you're probably right in that last sentence, someone will always think "the end is nigh". Maybe one day they'll eventually be right. Though I don't expect it any time in my lifetime.

Still, you never know :whistle::innocent:

Edited by Paranoid Android

I actually agree with you here, Frank. Repentance is a process, involving sincere desire to change. Which is why it always confuses me when sceptics say that in Christianity, all you need to do is say "sorry", and God will allegedly make it all right. That isn't at all what Christianity teaches, as if a simple "sorry" with no desire to change could ever be sufficient.

Actually, Jesus simply indicated that he would "come in the clouds, in glory". That doesn't necessarily mean the Second Coming, especially considering the origin of the imagery of that comment. But you're probably right in that last sentence, someone will always think "the end is nigh". Maybe one day they'll eventually be right. Though I don't expect it any time in my lifetime.

Still, you never know :whistle::innocent:

Jesus said a lot of silly things as well as some sensible ones!

Jesus said a lot of silly things as well as some sensible ones!

Silly to some, perhaps. In any case, within the lifetime of those listening, I'd argue Jesus DID "come in the clouds, in glory". You just have to know the origins of that particular piece of imagery to see how that happened.

Silly to some, perhaps. In any case, within the lifetime of those listening, I'd argue Jesus DID "come in the clouds, in glory". You just have to know the origins of that particular piece of imagery to see how that happened.

How do you make that out?

How do you make that out?

I've read your posts, you've stated multiple times that you have read the whole Bible, not just once but over and over again. If you're telling the truth, I'm actually a little confused that you'd even ask this question. The imagery is direct from the Book of Daniel, and symbolises the glorification of the Messiah. How you didn't know this throws doubt on your claims concerning how often you've actually read the Bible.
  • Like 1

I've read your posts, you've stated multiple times that you have read the whole Bible, not just once but over and over again. If you're telling the truth, I'm actually a little confused that you'd even ask this question. The imagery is direct from the Book of Daniel, and symbolises the glorification of the Messiah. How you didn't know this throws doubt on your claims concerning how often you've actually read the Bible.

I have read that too but what the heck has that got to do with reality? I am of the opinion the gospels were crafted to fit around OT so called 'prophesies' about a Messiah. Funnily enough most of the Jews didn't, and don't, recognise the guy as their promised one!

• Like 1

I have read that too but what the heck has that got to do with reality? I am of the opinion the gospels were crafted to fit around OT so called 'prophesies' about a Messiah. Funnily enough most of the Jews didn't, and don't, recognise the guy as their promised one!

Daniel. This book includes several pieces of imagery, including the comments that the messiah will come "in the clouds, in glory", as well as "at the right hand of the father". If you know the imagery associated here you'll know the imagery associated with the passage of Matthew 24-25. The fact that you haven't as yet addressed such imagery shows the sincerity of your claims to read the bible over and over (aka, I'm going to call it, you're lying, you are just claiming to have read the Bible, just to sound more sincere than you really are.
  • Like 1