Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Children Over Five 'Wearing Nappies In Class'

Still Waters

Children are still wearing nappies in class after the age of five in hundreds of schools across the country, a Sky News investigation has found.

Teachers have reported pupils as old as 15 who have no medical conditions or developmental issues, but who are unable to use the toilet on their own.

https://uk.news.yaho...39.html#Tqo3efZ

• Like 2

What, this is crazy. Teach those kids to go to the bathroom. Wouldn't want to be sitting next to them in class.

• Like 4

WTF! Some parents should have to pass a test and be required to have a license before being allowed kids.

• Like 5

This blows my mind. How... I just...

Why aren't their parents teaching them this stuff? Whoever they are, they shouldn't be allowed to have kids ever again.

• Like 3

Sorry, if you are 15 and you can't go to the bathroom on your own, you have developmental issues no matter what some doctor says.

I know one woman whose son simply would not train before 5 years old. She tried everything consistently. He had no developmental delays diagnosed or anything. But.. that is the absolute last possible age anyone should ever have issues. If you reach school age wearing diapers, there is a problem.

For kids with developmental disorders or mental illnesses, of course things can be quite different.

• Like 2

WTF???

Using a toilet is hardly rocket science?

• Like 1

Having seen a boy's toilet at a school I mist disagree with you on that Psyche... I think there was p*** everywhere except the latrine.

• Like 2

Having seen a boy's toilet at a school I mist disagree with you on that Psyche... I think there was p*** everywhere except the latrine.

Back in the day the things I've seen and heard go on in my primary school and high school males bathroom... Someone defecated in the soap dispenser, that was some unpleasant smelling soap indeed. And of course everyone's had that one kid who painted the walls with faeces. Vomit all over the floor despite there being a toilet right there. Just always filth everywhere.

• Like 1

Back in the day the things I've seen and heard go on in my primary school and high school males bathroom... Someone defecated in the soap dispenser, that was some unpleasant smelling soap indeed. And of course everyone's had that one kid who painted the walls with faeces. Vomit all over the floor despite there being a toilet right there. Just always filth everywhere.

My first classroom as a teacher was just up from the boys toilet, it stunk to high heavens in the summer.

I swear the smell had seeped into the walls and even if no one had been in there that unholy funk would still be there.

• Like 1

The parents of children who are in this position should be made to account for the childs actions, its not the kids fault .

• Like 1

That's just pure laziness from the parents side

My daughter stars kindergarten in the fall (age 5) and it's a requirement that the child is fully potty trained. If not, they can't start school.

• Like 2

My first classroom as a teacher was just up from the boys toilet, it stunk to high heavens in the summer.

I swear the smell had seeped into the walls and even if no one had been in there that unholy funk would still be there.

Heat and sewage... Great mix.

Wow, I just had a caffiene-induced mental picture of a gangster-wannabe with his pants hanging down and his Hello Kitty nappies showing. It's a brave new world we're living in.

• Like 2

Wow, I just had a caffiene-induced mental picture of a gangster-wannabe with his pants hanging down and his Hello Kitty nappies showing. It's a brave new world we're living in.

I just snorted diet coke! :w00t:
  • Like 1