Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Flood Waters

029b10

In my opinion it appears that those who refute the validity of the scriptural account of the Great Flood are probably are just as single dimensional as they ones they debase for believing the in the Gospel of the Great Flood.

However, this is not to say that I agree with the single dimensional account of Noah's Flood represented by the private interpretation who debase those for believing in the in definitive nature of principles which govern and regulate the universe in which we live, which in times past brought a storm of violence upon those who refused, sometimes with their last breath to believe the religious doctrine that required them to believe what they believed to be untrue.

You can't bust their spheres cause they don't have spheres, they only have a sphere hence single dimensionalism. To the unbeliever there is no way that the water upon the earth could ever have risen above the highest mountain top on the earth. But there is clear and concise physical evidence that shows that the waters did rise at or above the highest peak on earth. However, likewise those that claim to believe in Noah's Flood won't give any definitive physical facts for their interpretation. I will take the definitive position that the highest point on earth at the time represented in the scriptures for the flood of Noah was Mt. Everest, being 29,000 feet, pictured below. As is written that in Genesis 7:19-20

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

imagesbi0g0hup.jpg

Edited by 029b10

The flood myth has been done to death, but there is so much at odds in the story that it simply cannot be accepted as being an actual event.

Have you noticed how, when it rains, the temperature is generally warmer than on a cloudy, but dry, day? This is because the falling water droplets heat up the atmosphere. Calculations show that, if we are to accept the case of 40 days and nights of rain - along with ground water rising - such that the entire planet could be flooded to such a depth as described, the heating of the atmosphere due to this precipitation would have reached in the thousands of degrees centigrade.

The only possible way to justify the events as depicted in the story, are to claim - as the story does - that some omnipotent deity 'fixed' things so that none of the events contradicted any natural laws. That being the case, you then have to ask yourself "Why flood the planet to rid it of living things? Why not just wave a godly hand and 'magic' them out of existence?"

To such a being, using natural forces of disaster such as floods is entirely unnecessary - leading to the inescapable conclusion the story was invented by men, using what is known - and known that men fear, to make an impression.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 5

Well thats me converted I can't argue with that evidence!

• Like 4

Just think;God only had to make the wicked sterile, but he had to show off.

• Like 4

Isn't this all just your opinion? You said physical evidence exists and then parrot scripture.

• Like 6

Isn't this all just your opinion? You said physical evidence exists and then parrot scripture.

Just admit that you are just mad because you were not around then to catch some gnarly tubular waves with your board.

So the scientific theory of the Big Bang holds that after the all the known and observed universe was formed, and then later nature formed the sun and the earth, which sorta sounds biblical you know, see that in the Genesis the heavens and earth were made and afterwards the light was made.

Oh yeah that's right, it was the Catholic priest who published the Big Bang theory - so then the scientific explanation on how the water formed on the earth should be interesting.

Since water is H2O, I find it interesting that the Spirit divided the waters from the waters, since dividing H2O would be essentially dividing the Hydrogen from the Oxygen, then it is kinda easy to see why there is no hydrogen in the atmosphere, seem dividing them would result in their returning to what, the H2 or liquid hydrogen present on earth.

Edited by 029b10

Just think;God only had to make the wicked sterile, but he had to show off.

When the sons of God take all the women away from the son of man the conscious became so corrupt, like a bad hard drive on a computer it was just kanned, too bad the conscience wasn't given by evolution when the conscious evolved, then maybe the conscious could be stored in the cloud like a conscience.

Edited by 029b10

So the scientific theory of the Big Bang holds that after the all the known and observed universe was formed, and then later nature formed the sun and the earth, which sorta sounds biblical you know, see that in the Genesis the heavens and earth were made and afterwards the light was made.

Oh yeah that's right, it was the Catholic priest who published the Big Bang theory - so then the scientific explanation on how the water formed on the earth should be interesting.

Since water is H2O, I find it interesting that the Spirit divided the waters from the waters, since dividing H2O would be essentially dividing the Hydrogen from the Oxygen, then it is kinda easy to see why there is no hydrogen in the atmosphere, seem dividing them would result in their returning to what, the H2 or liquid hydrogen present on earth.

Here ya go...

When the sons of God take all the women away from the son of man the conscious became so corrupt, like a bad hard drive on a computer it was just kanned, too bad the conscience wasn't given by evolution when the conscious evolved, then maybe the conscious could be stored in the cloud like a conscience.

Why was Noah immune from this Spiritual Malware?

Why ask me...

Touche...Why ask you when the Bible has the answers.

• Like 1

Except for the whole earth forming before the sun thing.

There are traces of hydrogen in the atmosphere. When did dividing water from water mean separating hydrogen from oxygen? Obviously the Bible isn't a science book.
  • Like 2

Obviously the Bible isn't a science book.

What???

So I have been using Leviticus 14 to treat skin disease, and household mold all this time in vain?

• Like 2

Touche...Why ask you when the Bible has the answers.

Or you might consider the principles Thomas Paine taught regarding the distinct types of thought.

Personally, it I hold that it is not my place to tell you what to read or what you have to do, but if by suggesting something offends then

I apologize beforehand and will remember to refrain from such in the future.

But in response to your comment about the Bible has the answers, I personally would ask why anyone who needed someone to teach them

how to read and write the spoken word can consider they could just pick up the Bible and comprehend what is written. But that is just my opinion.

I've never refuted the validity of the scriptural account of the Great Flood. Every culture has a flood story and they can't all be wrong.

This from WIkipedia:

"A flood myth or deluge myth is a narrative in which a great flood, usually sent by a deity or deities, destroys civilization, often in an act of divine retribution. Parallels are often drawn between the flood waters of these myths and the primeval waters found in certain creation myths, as the flood waters are described as a measure for the cleansing of humanity, in preparation for rebirth. Most flood myths also contain a cultural hero, who strives to ensure this rebirth. The fllod myth motif is widespread among many cultures as seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the 'K'iche' and Maya peoples in Mesoamerica, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibway tribe of Native Americans in North America, the Muisca people, and Canari Confederation, in South America.

Here are some speculations of what might have happened:

"A hypothesis is that a meteor or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean around 3000–2800 BC, created the 30-kilometre (19 mi) undersea Burkle Crater, and generated a giant tsunami that flooded coastal lands.

It has been postulated that the deluge myth in North America may be based on a sudden rise in sea levels caused by the rapid draining of prehistoric Lake Agassiz at the end of the last Ice Age, about 8,400 years ago.

One of the latest, and quite controversial, hypotheses of long term flooding is the Black Sea deluge hypothesis, which argues for a catastrophic deluge about 5600 BC from the Mediterranean Sea into the Black Sea. This has been the subject of considerable discussion."

*edited to take out Wiki links

Edited by rodentraiser

According to Genesis the sun and moon were created after trees. There is nothing you can do to make the scriptural account of creation or Noah's flood physically possible. There is not enough water on the surface of the earth to submerge Everest. Yes different regions, no doubt suffered catastrophic floods at some point, but a world wide flood that submerged the highest mountains as recounted in Genesis? No way.
  • Like 3

I've never refuted the validity of the scriptural account of the Great Flood. Every culture has a flood story and they can't all be wrong.

This from WIkipedia:

"A flood myth or deluge myth is a narrative in which a great flood, usually sent by a deity or deities, destroys civilization, often in an act of divine retribution. Parallels are often drawn between the flood waters of these myths and the primeval waters found in certain creation myths, as the flood waters are described as a measure for the cleansing of humanity, in preparation for rebirth. Most flood myths also contain a cultural hero, who strives to ensure this rebirth. The fllod myth motif is widespread among many cultures as seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the 'K'iche' and Maya peoples in Mesoamerica, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibway tribe of Native Americans in North America, the Muisca people, and Canari Confederation, in South America.

Here are some speculations of what might have happened:

"A hypothesis is that a meteor or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean around 3000–2800 BC, created the 30-kilometre (19 mi) undersea Burkle Crater, and generated a giant tsunami that flooded coastal lands.

Not to say that it isn't a possibility. The topic of meteor crashes is interesting, I hear some can be extremely valuable if found especially if it happens to contain an new element. However, one has to wonder what type of bio-haz that it might pose to the improperly protected finder. Finding one could be one of those good news bad news scenarios, good news it worth millions - bad news you probably got a few weeks to live due to the exposure level.

No, wasn't implying anyone in particular was single dimensionalist but the reason behind the post was about not getting stuck in that either/or rut about those who close their minds before examining all the possibilities. The real issue is whether one is really seeking knowledge of the truth or just cheering for their side of the either/or debate.

According to Genesis the sun and moon were created after trees. There is nothing you can do to make the scriptural account of creation or Noah's flood physically possible. There is not enough water on the surface of the earth to submerge Everest. Yes different regions, no doubt suffered catastrophic floods at some point, but a world wide flood that submerged the highest mountains as recounted in Genesis? No way.

Nah, I think if one examines the scriptures that will wonder where the heck you came up with

that prophesy of scripture that the sun and the moon where created after the trees, but as

far as the waters rising above the highest point on earth, being Mt. Everest as shown below:

imagesbi0g0hup.jpg

Proverbs 20:12

If you look real close you might see a ship there

at the upper portion, a lot of people don't see it.

Nah, I think if one examines the scriptures that will wonder where the heck you came up with

that prophesy of scripture that the sun and the moon where created after the trees, but as

far as the waters rising above the highest point on earth, being Mt. Everest as shown below:

imagesbi0g0hup.jpg

They don't see it because there isn't one there

• Like 2

imagesbi0g0hup.jpg

Try Gen ch 1 vs 11-19 don't have time to quote it for you now. Again there isn't enough water on the surface of the planet to submerge Everest fantasy ships or not
  • Like 1

imagesbi0g0hup.jpg

Day 3, God produces vegetation. Day 4, God created the sun and moon. I just accessed my Bible app on my phone to quadruple check that, though I've read that passage dozens of times so I was already sure of that matter.

Just saying :tu:

• Like 1

So apparently only you can see it then. Can you make out bigfoot and Elvis too?
  • Like 6

So apparently only you can see it then. Can you make out bigfoot and Elvis too?

I see the Coors Beer, or Paramount logo, so I must suffer from "spiritual blindness"?

• Like 3