Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeless man sleeps buried in hot ash

Still Waters

This homeless man has been labelled Europe's dirtiest person - because he sleeps buried in a pile of hot ash.

Ludvik Dolezal, 58, burns whatever he finds to create his 'bed' before crawling into it to sleep.

He has even burnt his mattress and duvet in order to achieve the perfect mound of fiery remains.

http://www.dailymail...e-pile-ASH.html

• Like 1

I'm not sure he qualifies as the dirtiest person in Europe on two levels. One, ash is sterile, so he's not picking up bacteria. Two, he looks no worse than any coal miner on the job. He's probably most famous for being dirty, though. Ash is probably an excellent insulator.

Mr Dolezal, who passers-by often refer to as a devil from fairytales, said: ‘A year ago I simply decided to quit my job. Since then I've staying here with the fire.

Mr Dolezal, who lives in an abandoned old farmhouse, is said to suffer from a psychological disorder which makes him want to share his life with fire and ash.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614788/Is-dirtiest-man-Europe-Homeless-Czech-decided-burn-owned-year-ago-live-pile-ASH.html

Does not say what he did before or whether he left a family behind. But although the guy needs serious help, this article does not state whether he has been offered it and refused or whether the authorities just do not care in the 1st place.

yup, that's pretty weird.

Actually though it's a pretty good trick to know in a survival situation.. You can bury the coals of a Big long fire and sleep over the Warm spot.

I can't see this having a happy ending. One of these days he will overlook a piece of coal in his pile of hot ash and a tragic accident will happen.

Probably the start of a new reality TV show. "Don't miss Homeless and Dirty... tonight, after Naked and Afraid."