Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery figure sighted in remote mountains

UM-Bot

Two men climbing in the mountains of British Columbia spotted an unusual figure in the distance.

The footage was uploaded to YouTube by user 'M. Lamont' and documents the moment that the men stop on a high peak to survey the area and notice a dark figure walking on the snowfield below them in the distance.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...emote-mountains

• Like 1

Could it be a bear? Even in the zoomed and stabalized version whatever it is is hard to make out.

Could it be a bear? Even in the zoomed and stabalized version whatever it is is hard to make out.

No, not a bear. You answered the question yourself- "Hard to make out" is code for a bigfoot. That's how they roll...

• Like 5

After viewing the Zoomed version,you really can't see nothing or distinguish anything.Typical bigfoot type video and just as unconvincing.

My money is on it being a bear or could it be a moose even ?

It could be anything really.

Edited by shaddow134

Too bad they couldn't go after it to ID it. It looks like they would've had quite a bit of hiking to do to get over there. Even the tracks would shed light on what it was.

• Like 2

Its funny how these videos claim to see strange figures or people walking in remote areas of the world.....Makes you wonder who the hell made the video if its so remote.

• Like 4

Looks to me that they know it's a normal animal, and decided to have fun while it was much further away.

• Like 1

It's obviously not a sasquatch because it isn't surrounded by a red circle. :mellow:

• Like 7

Red circles, Natural killer of every thing logical.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 4

It's definitely bi-pedal. I have to say, the spot where the camera was able to zoom in and focus gave me a little chill on the back of my neck. Up to that point I was thinking bear. This is either a man or something else that walks upright. Too bad they were so far away.

• Like 1

Beats me. I just see a black dot.

It's definitely bi-pedal. I have to say, the spot where the camera was able to zoom in and focus gave me a little chill on the back of my neck. Up to that point I was thinking bear. This is either a man or something else that walks upright. Too bad they were so far away.

How can you tell if a dot is walking upright?

• Like 1

Too bad there isn't more commentary. It's unusual that they're at 7,000 feet elevation with a good deal of snow cover, and one of them is wearing a t-shirt. I suspect there's a hunting lodge directly behind them.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2

How can you tell if a dot is walking upright?

At 1:02 or so on full screen stop frame it looks very much to me like this is an upright figure. I could be wrong of course (it would be the 3rd time this year! lol), but I'm pretty used to watching wildlife at a distance and have seen many bears over the years. It doesn't strike me as a bear. Something about it's movement is wrong.

Looking at the video with no pre-conception I would have said it was a hiker. *shrug*

Too bad there isn't more commentary. It's unusual that they're at 7,000 feet elevation with a good deal of snow cover, and one of them is wearing a t-shirt. I suspect there's a hunting lodge directly behind them.

I noticed the t-shirt too and thought he must be frozen with bare arms.

• Like 1

Read the youtube comments, apparently it's a pretty popular area for people to go. So it's a human, probably.

• Like 1

Is Bigfoot the only animal some in that area? even if its photo of a flying animal people would still say Bigfoot but with Wings

could that be the hunting lodge near the top right corner? 44 seconds into the video... looks like a greyish roof to me

• Like 1

pause the video at 44 seconds in,, up near the top right hand corner it looks like a grey roof sticking out of the snow .. also looks like some sort of pathway leading away to the left from the roof.. and that figure is walking upwards towards the pathway ... ??

• Like 2

Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a black spot. I'm not....I mean it's not Bigfoot.

This is an identified animal. It's just filmed from a weird angle.

Here's a clear picture:

blue-whale_477_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

the episode of South Park where they make fun of Finding Bigfoot Stan says it best only stupid people and hillfolk believe in Bigfoot

Iif there is no wind its warm. kids go to school in tee shirts with snow on the ground. this is canada after all :st
  • Like 2