Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More than 50 royal Egyptian mummies unearthed

Still Waters

Archaeologists have discovered the final resting place of at least 50 royal Egyptians - including princes, princesses and infants - while excavating a trashed tomb at the Valley of the Kings.

Hieratic inscriptions (a cursive form of hieroglyphs) revealed that most of the mummies in the tomb were related to two pharaohs, Thutmose IV and Amenhotep III, who ruled during the 14th century B.C. The dead included at least eight previously unknown royal daughters, four princes and some children, the archaeologists said.

http://www.livescien...-the-kings.html

• Like 1

50? Wow. Wonderful that they're still finding mummies there! I'm so happy. :D

That's amazing, you would think by now there would be little left to be discovered.

If the area has been raided as suspected, I doubt tat much of value will be found. A shame.

Who is paying for digging up graves?

If the area has been raided as suspected, I doubt tat much of value will be found. A shame.

It would be interesting to know how raiders are so quip on locating these tombs. They seem to know they're way around with greater ease than archeologists.

That's assuming what is reported in the article that any treasures were taken in the last few hundred years is true.

I've heard that most tombs didn't last over 100 years as the children and grandchildren of the workers who built the tombs go back and clean them out. Or, follow on Pharaohs go back and clean them out for the gold and items.

The University, but the raiders were the first some time ago.

It would be interesting to know how raiders are so quip on locating these tombs. They seem to know they're way around with greater ease than archeologists.

That's assuming what is reported in the article that any treasures were taken in the last few hundred years is true.

Or it could be raiders hiring archaeologists themselves