Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restaurant diners sit with giant Moomin toys

Still Waters

Ever thought it was awkward eating in a restaurant on your own? Try dining with a giant Moomin sat in front of you.

A restaurant in Tokyo called The Moomin Cafe sits stuffed Moomin toys in front of diners to make them feel less uncomfortable.

There are a selection of toys available to keep diners company at lunch.

http://www.dailymail...SS-awkward.html

I like it. Just adds some fun and lightness to it all.

Oh gawd, I'd have to make a spectacle of myself talking to it and listening to answers only I could hear. :lol:

• Like 1

Oh gawd, I'd have to make a spectacle of myself talking to it and listening to answers only I could hear. :lol:

Back when I drank I might have had quite the animated conversation with my special friend :) It only would be embarrassing if we argued :w00t:
  • Like 2

I didn't even know what a 'Moomin' was until I read the link.

Lilly I'm still not sure ;)
  • Like 1

I didn't even know what a 'Moomin' was until I read the link.

x2. But I was imagining an anime inspired cow, not a hippo-ish looking thing.

I couldn't sit with the Mookin anyways. I'd be too afraid for Hello Kitty to suddenly walk in and see me with another toy. It would be devastating.

• Like 1

I could see taking kids to a restaurant like this but sitting alone with a stuff animal seems odd for a man of my age.

Remembering my how my daughter was, and still tends to be, I can not imagine leaving the place without buying one of those toys.

So maybe a once a year thing on a birthday would be the only time I would visit such a place.

It's crazy how there are so many people in Tokyo, yet they all seem to be cut off from each other... Why else this idea and the crazy Japanese man who married a video game character a while back?

They're turning into robots.. lol

It's crazy how there are so many people in Tokyo, yet they all seem to be cut off from each other...

Maybe it is because there ARE so many people around that sometimes one wants to be left alone like anyone else does at times.