Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 EVPs

atari460

I captured 2 EVPs recently and I wanted to share them with some people on the forums to hear what they think the EVPs are saying. Here's the story behind the recordings:

I've been told I talk in my sleep, so I downloaded the app "Sleep Talk" which starts recording when it captures any talking or noises while you're sleeping. Most of the recordings I just hear myself mumble or moan, in fact I have probably 15 recordings where there are no EVPs. Recently, however, when I listened to a few of the recordings, I could clearly hear an EVP.

I don't want to post what I think it is saying because I want to hear unbias opinions of what other's are hearing.

The first attachment, "rec1" is the more clear recording. the EVP happens at exactly 4 seconds in.

The second attachment, "rec2" has a really strange sounding EVP and it may take a few listens to catch it. It happens at 3 seconds in.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

rec1.mp3

Here's the second recording. Wouldn't let me do it in one post.

rec2.mp3

• Like 1

I messaged you to tell you what I heard.

• Like 2

I've listened to both recordings multiple times and I can't make out anything coherent or anything that doesn't sound like it couldn't just be breaths or sound you made while talking in your sleep, at the points in the recording you mentioned.

It's good that you posted them without your own ideas of what it might be. People get primed to hear what they expect to hear and then everyone agrees what the voice says because it's extremely vaguely similar in form and shape to the sound of actual words, but when told what it is, their mind fills in the gaps and they become convinced they hear what they're told to hear. The human mind is incredible at fooling itself into making patterns out of very vague and random stimuli.

• Like 4

Yeah I couldn't make out anything either. I don't usually even bother to listen to these things, but with no preconceptions I did. Still got nothing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've listened to both recordings multiple times and I can't make out anything coherent or anything that doesn't sound like it couldn't just be breaths or sound you made while talking in your sleep, at the points in the recording you mentioned.

Same here.

i do like the fact that the OP didn't suggest what we should hear, rather we were left to draw our own conclusion.

i think that should be the norm when posting EVP's.

i'm lookin' at you, all future EVP thread starters, so take notes from atari460.

BTW, welcome to UM pally. :)

• Like 1

Edited by bulveye

SPOILER

Well I heard something. In recording 1, I hear what I presume is you talking in your sleep, you say "Well done", then you breath in through your nose I think, then you say something that I can't make out then I hear someone or something whisper either "Found you" or "Told you". Then you breath in heavily and make a noise like clearing your throat or something.

• 3 weeks later...

i do like the fact that the OP didn't suggest what we should hear, rather we were left to draw our own conclusion.

i think that should be the norm when posting EVP's.

i'm lookin' at you, all future EVP thread starters, so take notes from atari460.

BTW, welcome to UM pally. :)

I'm a little late to the party, but I completely agree with this, and from this point forward if someone does post what "they think it is", trying to coerce us into hearing what he/she wants us to hear, it loses all credibility that instant and forever afterwards in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm a bit late as well but I think it is important to add here that there is a good example of the importance of tagging any natural noises that are made by investigators. Personally I would have discarded this if it were someone working with me as it is just too hard to discern natural sounds from anything potentially paranormal. That said, we all have our own investigation styles.

• Like 1

:-* Hi. I'm new here. Just joined. Is this a good friendly forum? I love the unexplained.

:-* Hi. I'm new here. Just joined. Is this a good friendly forum? I love the unexplained.

Well, Sassygal, define good friendly forum. :mellow:

Kidding. Yes, this is a good place to hang out, voice your opinion and so on.

Most members are friendly and knowledgeable.

So, welcome to our home away from home.

Hopefully we'll see you again, we have way too many one post wonders, so stick around. :yes:

• 1 year later...

I hear "found you" in the first one that doesn't sound anything like him talking in his sleep..and it speaks in the middle of his mumbling. The second I hear either "cut or ****" or something like that.