Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bloated whale carcass 'could explode'

Still Waters

A dead blue whale is slowly rotting on the beach of the western Newfoundland community of Trout River, Canada, prompting fears that the gases inside the creature will cause it to explode.

http://www.telegraph...ld-explode.html

Well someone needs to poke it now before the methane builds up too high.

Perhaps a spray of bullets to relieve the pressure. That way you can put holes in it from a distance. Wouldn't want to go poke it with a stick!

• Like 2

It will eventually explode. :yes:

A program showed a whale being trucked into a city in Vietnam, (I think).They almost arrived @ their destination and BAM, it exploded....ALL over the street, buildings, etc, etc. :cry:

What a mess!

WHERE'S MY LAWN CHAIR AND POPCORN?!?

Looks like a giant slug, stick some salt on it to shrivel it up.

My parents used to laugh about an incident involving a ripe, dead whale in the late 1940s or early 1950s. It washed up on the Washington state coast.

An entrepreneur built a raised walkway along the length of the whale. The stench was horrific, but people paid 25 cents to climb up the steps, walk along the length of the whale for a close look, and then back down stairs.

The walkway had a good handrail, but a young boy decided to show off and slipped through the railing. He yelled to his parents, "Look at me!" and jumped onto the rotting whale -- went right up to his chest in rotting, whale meat.

No one could reach him, but a man ran to his car and got a rope. Finally, the slimy youngster was pulled out of the fetid goo.

The boy's landing opened a large hole in the whale's side, releasing even more stench. Dad said he and Mom joined the crowd in running off the walkway. A number of people vomited while trying to escape.

Dad and Mom managed to keep their lunch down.

I often think that the boy's stunt must have gone down in Family Anecdotes. The boy would be in his 70s today, and probably still living down jokes from the family.

Ack! What a thing to witness!

• Like 2